A Choice with No Regrets (attack on titan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire quietly stood silently, and alone. Her eyes, now full of shock stared down at the ground. How did he get through the training without being caught, she knew him...well she thought she knew him. Now he seemed like a stranger, for all she knew, everything about him could be a lie. She looked up and blinked, the her expression changed from shock, to anger and confusion. "So that's it? They're not going to see if anyone else is a Titan shifter?" She felt that the servey corps were being just a little to risky now. But how could she know....they were the experts, right?

Reactions: 2 people
[dash=red]The diplomatic, calm Liv was -for the first time since joining the military- at a complete and utter loss for words. She turned to Andrea, opening and closing her mouth a few times before settling with, "I-I guess we all have our... secrets...". She stared at the back of Jax as he left, and despite herself she felt a little hurt beneath the initial shock. He and Andrea were the only ones who knew about her true heritage besides a specific recruiter and trainer; she felt close to them, like family.

A family with a Titan shifter.

She couldn't even begin to comprehend the amount of trouble her friend was in. Jax was the top of their class, a natural born leader. They were a team, god dammit! Why was everyone trying to tear them apart already? And... what if he couldn't control his powers? Why was he so honest about it?! She suddenly recalled the flash of fear and pity that struck Erwin's face when Jax had announced his ability. What did they do to him...?

"We should follow them!"

Liv was startled by her own outburst, and put a hand to her mouth. The group went silent, and even Arius turned to look at her. It was one thing to worry about a friend, but to follow their superiors into a RESTRICTED area?[/dash]

Reactions: 2 people
Jax licked his lips, cocking his head back and slightly to the side as Erwin spoke. Part of him knew what was going to happen, but it was better to deflate the situation as early as possible, because Jax needed to start building trust immediately. There was absolutely no point building it up, only for it to be broken; that was too much work, and it was unnecessary. Of course, as calculated as ever, Jax had chose the wisest option he could. Two veterans came around Jax's back, just to make sure he move forward. "Don't worry boys, i'm moving."

His feet began to lead him forward, one after the other. In front of him, was Erwin and Hanji at the lead, with a couple of other soldiers surrounding him, with two veterans of the Survey Corps at his flank. As they walked, Jax pulled a cigarette from his pack and lit it as they all moved forward with purpose. Much shorter than the rest at 5'8, Jax was almost hard to see within the boundaries of the taller frames.

Arius makes a 'tsk' sound before watching them take Jax away and turns her back on the rest of the recruits. She felt stupid for having shown any emotion at all for any of these people, especially a shifter. "I am an idiot..." She mutters to herself and disappears inside a building nearby; it was the place where they kept the horses and with a sigh she idly pets one, she didn't know if it was any of the Scouting Legion's who were already there or if it was a horse that one of the recruits would end up relying on, she didn't particularly care at that point either. Animals were always easier to deal with than humans, and she liked horses and they liked her too.

Even though she wasn't sure if Jax was really who he appeared to be, Claire wanted to find out. One side of her said to just leave it be, while the other wanted to know more. Inevitably, her curiosity got the best of her, and luckily, she was over hearing what liv had to say for all of this.

"I'll go with you...might as well see what's truly going on"
Claire spoke to liv in a sincere way, trying to not make herself look like she really wanted to help a friend out. Which she did...but she really wanted to see what was going on behind the scene.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
At the sound of Jax's name being called, Joel's eyes grew wide. Jax was a . . . titan shifter? But he was their comrade. He trained together with all of them. It must be a mistake right? Joel denied every possibility that a person among their class had been an enemy in disguise, but he can't deny the sight of Jax being taken away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
"I'll go too, Liv. Jax is also... important to me," Andrea said, a small blush touching her cheeks.

Liv watched at the group slowly came around to her outrageous idea, much to her surprise- and delight. Never once had she felt connected to these people even though they had been with each other for many long months. Perhaps things will change now that they're actually in the line of duty.

For now, at least.

The blonde had no idea what repercussions they would face if they were caught, but she decided to leave that hanging. What was more important is their friend's safety. She turned to Joel and Claire, "do you think you guys can find Arius? I want her to be with us, too. When you get back we'll go find Jax. Try to hurry."

<><><><><>

"Oh my goodness, look at you!" Hanji pinched Jax's cheek, gushing over his report. "My, my my! You are one interesting specimen, Jax! I can't wait to get you in the lab! I've been recently trying to find test subjects for this experiment-"

"Hey Zoe-"

"-I've been curious as to what happens when a human titan shifts-"

"-Zoe-"

"-and where genitals disappear off to-"

"-HANJI ZOE!!!!"

"Huh?" The scientist stared up innocently into the eyes of Mike, ever oblivious to the looks of terror that encompassed the group. They only sat down in the HQ for a moment, it seemed, before Erwin disappeared. And now, he was back.

"I'd like to talk to Betancourt alone before you do your duties, Hanji. Ackerman requested to see him, afterwards."

Claire shrugged, "the last I saw of her was before we even found out about Jax. Other than that I don't know where she went" she spoke in a hush tone trying not to attract the attention of others. Her mind was still racing of all the possibilities of what they could be doing to Jax. It was just a little to hard to keep focused.

• Thank You
Reactions: 3 people
"Well, let's try to find her at least. And please don't try to make a fight with her." Joel pulled Claire along, calling for Arius. He himself wasn't too sure where Arius went but it couldn't have been far in such a short amount of time. "If I was a loner, where would I go?" he asked himself, nudging Claire a little at the joke. He had to agree with Claire that Arius' tendencies to wander off on her own were rather . . . irksome. He understood that was her nature and usually left her to her own devices, but that trait certainly won't be helpful when they get their first expedition soon. Everyone's gotta work as a team if they want to live, right?

They approached the Scouting Legion stables and Joel turned to Claire. "Maybe she's in there. Let's check it out."

• Thank You
Arius hears the people calling for her and stands up before hugging the horse's head she had been petting and walking out of the stables stretching. "What is it...um...Joel and Claire right?" She asks almost sounding like she was making an effort to remember their names; she wasn't good with names, faces yeah, their names nope. "I did ask if I could go with Jax, but apparently nobody really noticed...guess that's to be expected. I did hear someone say that we should follow them, I was just trying to have space to think. That's all..." She looks at the ground and sighs a bit. "Come on we should get back to the others." She says and grabs Joel's sleeve pulling him along back to the group, along with Claire apparently, maybe she wasn't so bad after all.

Reactions: 4 people
Claire tagged along "hey guys wait up!" She called back after being lost in a day dream staring at the horses. She chased after them and quickly caught up. Once they got back to liv, her face lit up knowing they could finally see what they were doing to Jax. "Hey liv, we got arius back, and she's willing to come" she said with a bright smile.

• Love
Jax didn't move as his face was grasped by the woman's fingers. He didn't blink, nor say a word. He just stared at her intently, not wanting to make his descent from grace to disgrace any more painful than it had to be. As they stood around waiting, Erwin could come back and let them both know that Jax was to speak with him before meeting with Ackerman, whom the young man only concluded meant Levi. He had heard some stories, none of which had painted the man in a particularly brilliant light aside from his combat skills. Jax was sure there was nothing to look forward to within this. However, Erwin would begin with his own questions first.

"Jax Betancourt. Where are you from?"

"[Wall] Rose."

"Why is it that you joined the Survey Corps?"

"To use everything in my arsenal to help protect the people who live within the walls."

"Where did your shifting abilities originate from?"

"I was born this way, sir."

These were the only questions offered, and Jax gave short answers that got straight to the point. After the miniature questionaire, of course, he wouldn't get any comments from Erwin; rather, Erwin would stand him up and begin moving him from the area. Complying as he should and could, he immediately stood upon the physical request of him doing so and followed Erwin out of the room.

Joel nodded. "Yep. Found her over in the stables with the horses." He jerked his thumb in a general direction behind him. He dropped his hand and suddenly his normally cheerful expression changed.

"Hey, do you guys really believe Jax is a titan shifter?" Everyone still seemed to be recovering from the news of Eren Jaegar revealing himself to be a human who could become a titan when Annie Leonhardt's run in Stohess occurred. While it was a shock that humans could even become those giant monsters that devour them for no reason, but to think the enemy was hiding in plain sight all this time. And after she was defeated there shouldn't be any more, especially someone from their own graduating year, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.