A Child Brought Up In War

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't Alexander who went after her but it was Farstrider. It took him a minute to get down to her but he sat down and began to speak. "It's going to be hard, but there will be times when we are the only people who can help you. Now don't worry about the meeting, it's none of your concern. The child will be alright with you go to Dulemar. Biltmore isn't safe anymore, especially for you."

She looked up at the old man. "I don't want a thieves life. I never did. I did it for my baby and I don't want that risk again. I don't care what Bennett wants if that even is his real name. I just want a normal life back. I'm tired of being sick and tired."

"You haven't chosen a thief's life. I made a choice like you when I was younger, but it was something that would help me through the rest of my life." Farstrider looked back to the cave and then sighed. "Bennett is not his name, his name is Alexander Shadowmere. That is all I can tell you, but he will keep you safe. In my old age I'm not sure if I could even take care of the child and I. Speak to Alexander, he will be the one taking care of you now."

Finding out that he lied just made it worse. He lit a fire in her stomach and she wasn't about to let it rest. She went and got him. "Bennett. Can you step outside with me?"

Farstrider walked past Alexander as he walked down. He had to take care of the child, or else he would cry out and possibly reveal their location. Alexander sat next to Kieara. He took off his scarf and handed it to Kieara. She was still in her maid's clothes so she must have been cold. "What do you wish to speak to me about?"

She went and sat with him accepting the scarf. "So what all have you lied to me about Alexander?" She asked and frowned looking over at him upset. "You put me and my baby at risk and were to sorry to even tell the damn truth while doing it."

"I'm not sorry about lying to you, it was for your own protection. Many people might see you as a target if you are around me. For your safety I have to take precautions. What happens from here on is our issues. Biltmore will most likely send out mercenaries to catch us. If we make it to Dulemar we'll be safe."

She sighed. "What exactly is there that will ensure our safety?" She asked him with a frown. She looked over at him both fearful and stressed. Two qualities that she didn't need right now.

"I will ensure your safety. Safety is our first concern, and I know how to handle it." He moved next to her and held her hand in is. "I swear we will make it to Dulemar. Then The Order will be able to help us get out of this. You both will be fine. I know it's hard to trust someone like me, but I'm all you have." He kept his hand on hers to be able to smooth things over. A pretty woman like herself shouldn't be wasted.

Kieara looked over at him and sighed. She didn't want him to touch her. She wanted to rip his hand off but at the same time she longed the comfort he offered. She couldn't explain it. She stared off at the water not sure what to say.

"We should get back to the cave. They will try to find us if we stay here any longer." He let go of her hand and stood up. You could hear him take a couple steps before he stopped. Slowly, he turned back and looked at Kieara. "I'm sorry, if it's any consolation."

Kieara stood weakly and sighed. "It's alright." She spoke and she headed with him back inside. She sat beside the child's bed and watched him rest before falling asleep sitting up.

Farstrider looked at the boy then smiled. "I'll name you Stonegrinder." He chuckled at the name, but the boy was neglected and had no sense of language. The only emotion he had was crying, and his only friend was Farstrider. Everyone went to bed and the night went on without any disturbances. By the morning Farstrider has left with the child. Her and Alexander were the only ones left, and they had to travel some time to reach Dulemar. "We should find some horses, so we need to travel out to find a traveling merchant of some sort."

She woke with a sore back and a stiff neck. She found the old man and the boy absent. She sighed and stood at Alexander's words. She was stiff and hurting but nodded contently nevertheless. "Do you have any idea where to begin looking?"

"We have to head to the east, so we can back track to Dulemar. They will be looking for us heading to the Gehenian border, but they don't know where. Hopefully we will find some horses and a cart of some sort. I can go unrecognizable because they haven't seen me. Sadly, you have been noticed by Biltmore. I'll put on one of my disguises. From now on I'm not Bennet or Alexander. My name is Destrus, the traveling merchant. Once we find you a disguise you could be my wife!" Alexander laughed for a moment and then continued to pack his things for the road.

She listened and blushed at the prospect of playing his wife. As much as she hated to admit it he was very handsome. She smiled and nodded to him. "So what should my name be?"

"You would be the every so charming Alana! You close the deals and I set them up." He started to laugh as he put his arm around her. "It will be a grand expedition. We will roam the land taking they money from the thieving scoundrels and scum of the world." Alexander held her close for a minute as he imagined what it would be like. His arm was wrapped around her so it was touching her stomach, and the other hand was pointed outwards. Then he dropped his arm from her and breathed in the air.

When it was the prospect of taking from thieves themselves she didn't mind it do much. However she didn't want her baby to learn to thieve when he or she got old enough. She smiled listening to his words and as he touched her belly the baby kicked. She blushed. "That's the first it's kicked."

Alexander smirked for a moment then put on a straight face. "That's..." He paused and finished up his packing. "We should get on the road. Our day light hours will be short, because we will be traveling at night." Alexander put on his pack and pulled his cloak over his head. Once he put on his cloak he pulled another cloak out for Kieara. "Here, it might get cold." He started for the cave entrance then stopped to wait for her.

She gently took the clods and put it on. She fastened it so it wouldn't come loose and then she headed after him. She wobbled along and soon had caught up. She was silent as she walked unsure what to say to make conversation. She shooed that his plan worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.