A character's last day to live...

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Diana, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Another fun hypothetical question! Take a character, any one of your characters. It can be one that HAS been in this situation or you can make up a situation where it would happened. Every person handles death in a different way, especially when it's their own.

Your character KNOWS they are about to die. It's going to be their last day alive. What are they thinking? What do they do with their last hours? How are they going to die?

2. I was thinking about this the other day... But not for any of my characters but for myself. I would TOTALLY hijack a car and start a high speed car chase. If I'm going, I'm going out with a bang and some fame!

(I TOTALLY rhymed!) XD

3. So, these are notes on things I've been developing for a while, just forgot to post them. These feel a bit rushed to me, so I may come back and improve them later:

Sancta Sanctorum:

The GOC's equivalent of a CIA Blacksite. A Sanctum Sanctorum consists of guarded weapons caches, supplies, and other resources GOC members require. Frequently these buildings take up an entire floor of a building, or a townhouse, and consists of an armory, a library of magical tomes, a small command center, and supplies storage.

There are currently three known Sancta Sanctorum on Ash:
    One underneath the PSYCHE division office that is used as a shelter for important personnel and storage of important supplies.
    One located in the Outer City which is used to collect soldiers before they move into a battleground. It's also used as a place to hold soldiers and supplies during riots.
    And one located in the Old City, which is used as a Forward Operating Base by GOC Troops out in the field. It is also used as a temporary shelter and hospital for the wounded who can't return to Charon itself.

The subway:

The mostly-abandoned Subway system of Charon. While parts of it are abandoned, other parts are used in a similar manner to London's Tube during the Blitzkrieg as shelters and other resources, and the Red Line is used as an underground troop transport to deploy troops and deliver supplies to various places around the city quickly and covertly.

Vehicles:

A list of vehicles employed by Coalition, UN, and local forces:

Security VTOL:

[​IMG]

A small VTOL employed for short distance jumps or for security patrols. Unarmed apart from whatever weapons the crew takes on board, it can carry three people and their equipment plus a pilot. Usually used for police patrols, rescue missions within Charon, and short transports of VIPs between locations.

Patrol Mech:

[​IMG]

Operated via a drone, but with the ability to be manned. Mechs are used in heavy-duty patrols of places like The Old City, Riot Control situations, and environments too hazardous for human space. The mechs have miniguns for large encounters, and a smaller, semi-auto .50 cal rifle for more personal encounters. Contains arms that it can use to remove debris or pick up objects for study.

Vertibird:

[​IMG]

The Brotherhood's main transport. Heavy duty and armed with a minigun, the Vertibirds can withstand nearly anything thrown at it. Used to deliver and/or pick up troops and supplies into combat zones, as well as air support. The Vertibird has proven useful on Ash just like it did back home in Fallout Alpha.

Power Armor:

[​IMG]

The main protection of Brotherhood provided Sword Forces. Power Armor is solidly built to withstand radiation, falls, and enemy attacks. Power Armor is used in environments where a mech can't be used, but the environment is still too dangerous to a regular soldier.

UN Vehicles:

[​IMG]

The UN Logistics Division utilizes many different vehicles in order to get the troops and equipment to those who need it. Planes and shuttles are used to transport items from off-world locations to the airfield, as well as to drop supplies into combat zones on the planet. Tanks and armored vehicles are used in supply convoys to transport that supplies between the airfield and the city itself.

4. The first thin' Ah'd do is piss off as many people as Ah kin jest sae Ah kin go down fightin'.

Ah rather do 'ate the ideer o' dyin' peacefully. It's ae pussy way ta die...

5. One of my favorite characters, a postapocalyptic anarchist named Matthew, expects every day to be his last; either the Government may find the Anarchist camp or they could run out of food or he could be killed on a raid or scavenging mission.

Rhidel...he'd go down fighting. He's very much a "take you down with me" type.

Travis....Travis would probably go nuts and create a whole new dimension or something just for kicks.

6. My character Tempestus was caught in a whirlwind caused by a 'teammate'. The teammate was trying to take a tiny tiny jewel Tempestus had just found, claiming that he deserved it. Seeing the end was nigh, and not wishing to let the jewel fall into his forme friend's hands, he simply swallowed it. But instead of dying, he ascended to godhood. Turns out the jewel was the last remaining fragment of one of the original deities of the realm.

7. Probibaly hurt whatevers killing them as much as possible. Failing that take on the world one last time.

8. Samantha (succubus) would probably relax, drink some coffee, get her affairs in order, and say goodbye to her family and friends. She's been around for quite some time, and seeing her friends die has led her to prepare.

Samantha (mad scientist) would make some insane arcanotech edifice, one that would puzzle people for decades to come. If it did not drive them mad.

Pierce Johnson would die looking like a total badass.

Jonah, who did die, would die fighting for JUSTICE.

9. I shall mention Bronwen, who is so not afraid of death that she is reckless to the point of insanity and driving her family and crew members mad. If she were about to die, and likely it would be at the hands of some dickface trying to kill her or her family, she'd go down taking everyone else with her. >:D Possibly with a big explosion and a loud "FUCK YOU."

To the contrary there is Myst, who might sound really morbid about death all the time, but really can NOT stand the thought of dying. Were she to know she was about to die (and nothing could be done about it), she might actually freak out in to crazyass hysterics. Find any way possible to NOT die.

10. Gilgear probably would have appreciated the foresight...

Snowpaw'd likely cry about it... yes, the whole day.

That's probably the two most amusing ones.

11. Julez would make love with Deimon. Hurhurhurhur derp.

12. Mhmm... That's really interesting. I've never thought of that before.

I'm thinking, half of my characters are the type that would burst into tears && misery if they found out they were going to die today. The other half, well, they might go running around the world doing all sorts of crazy things to make the most of their lives.

Extremes :D