A Cat's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arekkusu gestured for the boy to go away. When he was gone she quickly put on the cloths under the blanket. She poked her head out of the covers and stood up. After a moment she collapsed on the ground. "I'm still not used to this form," she smiled as he sat back up looking at Nocci "You still haven't told me your name yet"

Nocci blushed for a second before turning to leave the room. That had been a tad embarrassing, now that he had time to stop panicking and really think about it. It would have been way worse if his brother had shown up then, however. Hallucination or not, he had no idea how he would have explained that. The boy quietly appreciated his luck as he filled up two bowls with roasted red pepper soup in the kitchen.

As he started back to the living room where he had left his new friends, the sound of a thump led him to move a little faster. Though finding the girl having fallen on the floor had him a tad worried, her assurance gave him a bit of relief. "We'll have to be careful; I don't want that injury to open up again." Placing the bowls down on the table, Nocci held out a hand to help the girl up, ready to steady her if she had any more trouble. "Hah, I guess I did forget about names, didn't I? Mine's Nocci, but I don't think we managed to get around to yours. I came up with a couple, but...yeah. I'm guessing you might already have an idea?"

"That's for sure," Arekkusu smiled "My name is Arekkusu, Arekku" She dusted her self off and took a look at the clothes. Her pants were normal jeans which seemed to fit her better due to the strip on the inside that you would pull to make them tighter.

Arekku looked down at the soup and took a closer look. She took in a stiff and bounced back that the fact that it's smell was spicy. Arekku covered her nose and said with a sigh "You should know cats don't like spicy things," her ears lay motionless on head. The boy who's name she had just learned, Nocci was a little bit funny, she liked to play tricks. Arekku patiently waited for his responses to her little bit dramatic reaction.

Last edited:
(Any reason for the clothing change? Just curious.)

Nocci sat down on the couch with the second bowl of soup. "Arekk...Arekku? Arekkusu?" He tested the name a couple of times, trying his best to remember it. "I'm gonna need time to get it right, I think."

At her comment about the soup, he looked down at his own bowl with a spoonful still in his mouth. "Szit rearly spircy? *gulp* I didn't think so." He stared down at it for a moment longer. "Would you like something else, then? There's still the turkey. I could make a sandwich if you want."

(Sorry I forgot that you described the clothes)

"I think I will like that turkey instead," Arekku stared into the kitchen her mouth watering. The turkey did sound better then the soup, but should she make the boy work so hard, yes. He smiled at Nocci and motioned her head to the kitchen.

(No worries. I just got a bit confused there.)

Nocci placed another spoonful of soup in his mouth before standing up and heading to the kitchen. "Could you bring the other bowls? Just put them by the sink and I'll get them later." Placing his soup down on the counter, he started pulling out the various items he needed and getting them together. Lettuce, bread, turkey... "Do you want mayonnaise? And about how much if that's a yes?"

"I don't really know..." Arekkusu look down trying to get her tail to fit from the pants. Mayonnaise? Arekku heard of such a substance it was some thing with eggs and vinegar. She didn't really care for either of them, but her mouth water and she jumped up "Wait stop do you have any fish?" she asked licked her lips. Then Arekku ran over to the kitchen looking down over Nocci shoulder in excitement.

"Fish? Let me check..." The boy placed the mayonnaise back down and searched through the refrigerator a bit more, moving a few things around until he found where the meats and such should be. "Um...I'm not sure if we do...oh, there's some tuna here! Oh yeah, from the sandwiches the other day...it's just the canned stuff, and it's got some celery and a few other things chopped in, but you can have that if you want. Would you rather have that than the turkey?"

Unknown to the Nocci, his brother was slowly nearing the house, having closed up the shop already. Still a few blocks away, he had no knowledge of whatever was going on inside the house.

"EEK I'm so excited, I don't know how about the tuna fish just the can please!!" Arekku said snatching the can of tuna, and placed it on the table and tried to open it. She struggled to open it the led was still on. Her ears flat on her head with sadness, Arekku turned around and held out the can looking at it then at Nocci. Her lips were pursed then she asked begrudgingly "Can you... perhaps open this for me?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.