A Careers View

"I work as a runner in the city—running errands and carrying a lot of stuff," he said with a shrug. "I'm great with directions as well." Lorn shrugged and looked at Kieara. "What can you do Kieara?"

Henods. "That means you're quick and strong. You also know a great deal about direction." He said. Then he turned his gaze to Kieara. He didn't expect much. Kiera didn't know what else to say. "I...um...I sing? That won't help me though."

Lorn thought about her and then frowned a little. "What do you do to keep yourself alive Kieara? Do you know what is edible and what isn't? Do you know how to get shelter when it rains or storms? If you do then you have those skills. Better than me. I know how to run around like a lunatic. ASk me what kind of berries or foods are edible and I might as well kick my backside goodbye," he suggested, wanting her to find something she was good at.

Kieara spoke. "No i don't....I sing to get money to buy food." She spoke to him. "As for finding shelter, that's about all i'd be good at." She told him. Their mentor rolled his eyes. "Great. A hopeless one."

Lorn sighed and gave the man a look that could have boiled water before turning his attention back to the girl. "Are you sure? What about when you don't make enough money to buy food? Food can get pretty expensive during the winter, even though the Capitol likes us more than other districts. What do you do if you don't make money on a day? You have to have some skills Kieara," he asked, trying to focus on the good stuff.

Kieara thought then spoke. "Well, the majority of the time I go hungry, but occasionally i'm able to sneak into the bakery and steal a few loaves of bread...." she spoke to him. "When I have, i've never been caught." she said to him.

"Then you can move around without making a lot of noise," he replied, giving the 'mentor' a look that said 'hah, see what happens when you give people a chance'. "So, what do we need to do to survive as long as we can?" This was phrased to the other man as he relaxed back and popped a piece of bread into his mouth and chewed slowly.

The mentor spoke. "Well, first off, if you're fast you want to get to the cornucopia and get some kind of weapon." He spoke. "Though that's dangerous Don't do that unless you're excellent at hand to hand combat." He told them. "Otherwise run as far away as you can, and find water." He told them. "That means you Kieara." She frowned. He then spoke again. "and whatever you do, do NOT step off the platform early."

"Well, that counts me out. I may be fast, but I'm not good with fighting, even though that was a class you had to pass at the Academy. I'm better at running than anything. Or fighting with a weapon," the young man said with a shrug. "How about we work on the same strategy Kieara? If we stick together the first half of the Games, we'll last longer. As long as one of us brings home our District the win, that's all that matters right?"

Kieara looked over to her fellow tribute and nodded. She then looked back to their mentor. "Good, then first off, don't step off early, find water, don't go to the cornucopia." He told them. "Next up is training and finding your forte."