A Boy and His Dragonwolf

Melody pouted a little when her mama brought up getting a nanny. That was something she really didn't want, and shook her head - which got some flour there on her mother. Meanwhile, the waitress came up - stifling a smile from the little girl, and began to drop off the food, starting with Meena and Temin - who had gotten a shrimp-noodle like dish and a parmesan poultry dish respectively.

Nym looked up at Judy cleaning Melody and then looked back over at Nemune, beginning to groom her softly with his tongue and paw. To Mahara it was obvious that they were quite close to 'sealing the deal' as it were and becoming full, 100% mates. She wouldn't be surprised if they ended up disappearing later.

At the question of Claire looking after Melody, the little girl got on a serious face and looked over at the human, her eyes narrowed. "I don't know.. do you like to play games?" she asked, watching her. "Cause I can run very fast and hide and I'm the best at everything." she boasted with the same serious look.

Nemune leaned in to give Nym better access as he groomed her. Her wings flapped and she rubbed back against him. Tyler smiled at the two of them, the phrase "puppy love" springing immediately to mind. He looked up at Mahara and shared a look of understanding. He wondered what the official name was for the in-laws of two pandrylyrs.

At Melody's suspicion and boast Claire chuckled and looked at Judy. "Definitely your kid," to the little one she added, "I like games very much. I go to the park a lot so I'm very outdoorsy. Maybe you've found someone who can outrun you?" she teased, picking up her Aer sushi and taking her first bite. "Mmm. Judy, your husband does fine work with fish."

While Meena and Temin waited to see if Tyler had another question for them, they kept their eyes carefully averted from Nym and Nemune while they ate. Their own pandrylyr had curled up and began to nap until the food arrived. Nym would make some happy murrs and continue to groom Nemune, his sounds and chirps a soft song for his mate to soothe and entice her.

"Nope, nuh-uh. You can't outrun me I'm the fastest." Melody chirped a little, though it wasn't exactly clear if she was believing her own boast or just playing with Claire. She reached for her soup, but her arms weren't quite long enough to reach. "You know, I guess we can try her. If momma trusts her than she can't be too bad, right?"

• Love
Reactions: Quiet One
Nemune whimpered happily and waved her tail, nuzzling back into her mate as he groomed her. When their food arrived she leaned forward and ate from her bowl while Nym cleaned her, then licked his cheek and directed him to his meal.

Judy chuckled. "That's right, sweetie. Don't worry; I'm sure Claire will take good care of you and you'll whoop her butt at games."

"We'll see," Claire smirked back.

Tyler turned to Meena and Temin, now having a new thought. "Do you guys have families? Is that common for Taelesols?"

Nym grumbled a little when he was nudged by Nemune to go and eat, but gave her a final lick and then looked towards the food. He sniffed at it and then began to eat, still nuzzled into Nemune's side and still wagging his tail.

Melody pouted playfully and finally grabbed at her soup, starting to eat it while the scowl turned into a smile as she ate her food. Mahara explained first that a Taelesol having a family was a persomal choice as it was for everyone else. Meena would answer first, able to say "No" while Mahara translated. "Meena actually has a life partner, but thanks to a wound she got as a teenager she's.. infertile. She helps around the nursery though, and they're happy."

Then Temin launched into what was a rather happy rant, Mahara giggling a little. "Alright, alright. Temin and his wife just had their first child last year - and they're expecting twins this year." She said with a small smirk that said 'they have a healthy relationship' as well as 'they work fast'

Last edited:
"I didn't think it was forbidden or anything. I just didn't know how common it was," Tyler replied to Mahara's explanation. He shrugged. "Good to know you guys treat it like any other job. Sorta." At her added explanation of their family lives he chuckled. "Good for you, Temin. Bet they'll be as strong as their pop." He went to his food before looking up at Mahara. "What about you, Mahara? You got a family?"

Temin beamed in pride and began to speak to the others about his little baby, before blushing and realizing that Tyler wouldn't be able to understand. He looked at his food and began to eat quietly, as were the rest of them. Mahara suddenly blushed and glanced at a male waiter that was walking around, helping another table, before shaking her head. "Ah, um... no. Not yet." she said shyly before burying her face into eating. Judy would know that it being her family's place wasn't the only reason they ate here very often.

Tyler kept eating his surf and turf and smirked at Temin when he got so animated. While he couldn't understand what he was saying, he did get the joy and excitement across. He looked up at Mahara, watching as she spared a look across the room before going back to her meal as well. Hm...he looked over to see what caught her eye. Claire spotted it first and grinned at her. "What, you can fight on the back of a giant winged wolf, but you can't talk to a boy?"

Judy snickered, spitting out some of her soup and smiling at the other human. "Not while I'm eating."

"Sh-shut up." Mahara whined, glancing over at him once more before looking at her soup. Neema grinned and said something in a teasing tone while nudging Temin, making him laugh too. This just made Mahara blush even worse and the next time she looked, the waiter was walking over to the table. "Oh, geez, he's coming over here. Play it cool, play it cool..." she murmered, not able to look at him. Though someone would easily be able to call him over, say something to him, maybe even tease Mahara more if they wanted.

• Love
Tyler smirked while Claire and Judy kept giving Mahara glances and subtle nods to silently tell her to stop him, to talk or ask for something. Simply requesting more bread or wine would be all she'd need to break the ice. Judy nudged her. Then again. When the young man walked away everyone groaned. Even Nemune chirped her disappointment before nuzzling her mate.

"It's okay," Claire said reassuringly. "It takes some time to muscle up the courage for that."

"Not for me," Judy quipped. Though the darting of her eyes suggested she was lying.

"Okay, whatever," Tyler commented, trying to Segway the subject away from the blushing Aer. "Let's just finish up; it looks like we're all almost done and I can get some sleep. Feel like I'm going to need it for tomorrow. What exactly are you showing us tomorrow, Mahara? I mean, I know magic, but...you know...more specifics?" Hopefully that would distract her from this awkward moment.

Mahara couldn't help blushing deeply at the nudging and silent urging, something which made her blush even worse once they groaned. Nym looked around and then went back to grooming and snuggling his mate. Mahara's eyes shot to Judy and it seemed tthat she had a retort on her lips, but swallowed it down when Tyler spoke. She shook her head and then smiled, looking back over at him. "Ah. Well, the first thing we'll be doing will be finding your focus. Like Temin's lighting and Neema's stone. The element that each of you is most attuned to. Everyone has one, Claire, not just those with Pandrylyrs. Though there is a reason that we get one who is attuned to our focus as well." she said with a smile. "Tyler will learn how to cast while attuning to Nym, Claire will have to learn the traditional way."

• Love
"That raises so many questions," Claire commented. "Which I guess I'll be free to ask tomorrow. For tonight, though, I think we all need to get some sleep."

"I can second that," Tyler nodded. "Gonna be sore in the morning, too."

"Well, for you tomorrow won't be as physically grueling," Judy nodded. "Though it does drain you in quite a different way."

After fully polishing off all their meals they went their separate ways, Tyler having Mahara translate his goodbyes to his new...teammates. It still felt weird to him, but as he stayed in this world a little longer the more he got used to it, and the more he felt at home in this strange Aer world. Granted, he still felt awkward as hell, but now that he had some friends, he was just a little less awkward. When they got home their nurse/nun/priestess...person asked if they needed anything. The only thing Tyler could think of was a hot bath to relax his muscles.

Tyler was led down into the lower layer of the temple, where there was a big bath, the room itself filled with gentle steam. It wouldn't be too hot, but it would for sure be warm enough. There was even a place where the waterfall joined in, where Tyler could stand and rinse himself off like a shower. He would be left alone after that, Nym having disappeared with Nemune after dinner was over.

• Love
Tyler cracked his neck and shoulders, groaning as he stepped under the water. The Aer version of soap was pretty much just bar soap, which suited him fine. It did mean he had to scrub a little harder, which hurt his muscles more. It helped getting under the waterfall, where the water was slightly cooler. The place looked big enough to accommodate multiple people, but thankfully he had the place for himself. Once done with his bath he changed into a lighter set of clothes for sleep and returned to his room with Claire waiting.

"Feel better?" she asked.

He nodded, dropping into bed. "Yeah. Worried about tomorrow, though. Magic. I don't have a clue where to start with that."

"Well, apparently, you start with what Nym's good at," she offered. She furrowed her brow. "Which seems to mostly be manipulating technology...okay, not sure how they're going to teach that. Maybe we should study up on these symbols more..."

"Can't I just pass out?" he whined.

Claire smiled down at him. "How about I just read to you?"

He closed his eyes and nodded, listening until sleep finally claimed him...

Claire and Tyler would get to sleep in that night and morning, as Nym and Nemune had a night away in the wilds with one another. By the time that they arrived back, it was later than the last morning's wakeup call. But nevertheless, Nym bounded into the room and leapt atop the bed, pawing and licking at Tyler and Claire to wake them up, while his tail wagged like crazy behind him. He would wait until the man and his lover woke up and started to get up before bounding back off the bed and over to Nemune, nuzzling her and nudging her side, near to her belly.

• Love
Tyler jerked awake as Nym pounced and licked their cheeks. He and Claire woke up and started chuckling at the sweet pup, petting him as they sat up. "Alright, alright. Enough of that, bud," Tyler chuckled. He watched as he jumped off the bed and nuzzled Nemune, who licked his muzzle and rolled to the side to give him access to her belly. He looked at them with a raised eyebrow. "Wait, already? Nym, you dog."

"Really? That was terrible," Claire smirked at him. "I just hope Mahara doesn't get mad at us if Nemune is carrying pups."

Last edited:
Nym yipped and licked Nemune's belly a little more before turning about and watching the humans intently, waiting for them to get up and dress. While they did so, Nym would continue to nuzzle his mate and wag his tail - and one of the Preistesses would come by with two wraps akin to breakfast burritos at the request of Mahara. So they would be able to move along to the training area while eating.

When they arrived at the training circle once again, Nym and Nemune would lead them into the mountain, where there was a door leading to the magic training hall. Inside was the entire team, and Mahara looked at them all with a small smile. In her hand she held a large blue crystal which Nym looked at and then barked, making it glow.

"So that answers one question." Mahara said with a chuckle, looking up at the humans and nodding. "Come, let's get started.

• Love
As they dressed and ate, Tyler and Claire watched the two pandrylyrs being affectionate and nuzzling each other. Tyler briefly remembered a time when he wasn't sure if Nym was alone or not, the only one of his kind. Now - he'd never seen the pup so happy. It made him smile to see how affectionate he was with his mate.

"They're pretty cute together," Claire chuckled. She took another bite of her wrap. "This isn't bad."

"Yeah. I don't usually go for wraps, but this is pretty good," Tyler nodded.

They finished as they followed the two lover-pups back to the training circle, then under the waterfall, past a secret door and into the mountain. Inside were some bookshelves, of course books to fill them, and more training dummies. There were also faintly glowing symbols encircling the cavern, that Claire would recognize as Aer writing, but most of the symbols were a bit obscure. They stopped in front of Mahara, who had some strange crystal that glowed when Nym barked.

"What's that thing?" Tyler asked.

"Our crystals are kind of like computers and stuff back on Earth," Judy explained. "After you called Claire from...well, between dimensions, we started to suspect Nym's inner magic had something to do with technology. Mahara was just testing it."

"Oh. Well..." He looked over at Nym and Nemune, who were nuzzling each other. "By the way, I think they might have...gotten into some fun last night."

Judy smirked. "Don't worry about it. He's still not fully mature and she's not in heat."

"How will we know she's in heat?" Claire asked.

She chuckled. "Trust me, you'll know."

"Alright, let's get some practice in," Tyler said. "So...how do we start this?"

Mahara had a knowing smirk as she looked at the pair of cuddling dragonwolves. They continued even as the others walked over and sat nearby, the two males making their sounds in a way that seemed like 'bros' congratulating a fellow for their first time. Nym made a few embarrassed sounds and nuzzled his face to hide it in Nemune's fur.

Temin and Meena sniggered before straightening and looking back at their newcomer. Mahara took the crystal and took Tyler's hand, placing one into the other and then smirking. "First, make the crystal glow. That's it." she said. Though it wouldn't be easy at all, as their magic was first and foremost a matter of will. Doing more with it, like what had happened in their sparring, would come with practice. They could make specialized equipment for him with the crystals - but first he would need to manipulate it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Nemune barked to stop the teasing from the other two, nuzzling her mate's head. Dartmoor seemed to agree, the strong dark-furred male nudging the other two and pushing them along. Before Nym came along he was in the running for Nemune's affection, or so their owners believed. But Nemune said no to that, and to their courtship. Unlike with normal wolves - or some humans - there wasn't any animosity between them. In fact, Dartmoor was now more interested in helping her find the ideal mate.

"Um...how?" he looked down at the crystal in his hand curiously.

"Magic comes from will," Judy explained. "Just focus on the idea of making it glow."

Tyler looked at the crystal and held it tightly in his hand, focusing on just what they said; making it glow. He remembered how Nym had done it, and what it looked like. He tried to recreate that, thinking, Glow...Glow...after a few minutes the gem flickered. This inspired some hope and he renewed his focus.

While he was doing that Claire looked to Mahara. "So I understand I'm going to be doing that the hard way. Where do I start?"