♥ a boatload of interest checks (magic realism, surbuban gothic, dark academia, and more...)

W

witchmoths

Original poster
Green White Palm Trees Photo Quotes Book Literature Facebook Cover.png

forgive me for the sheer amount of ideas in this thread, though i thought individual interest check threads would be excessive!

♠ magic realism / urban fantasy / high fantasy

I. a college au where the students are based off of greek gods (both major and minor, doesn't really matter.) the only thing that joins them is a secret society at an elite college where their main concern is ascertaining power and infamy within whatever circles they're a part of. i'm thinking we throw a bunch of young adults with god complexes in a room to scheme. a little bit secret history and a little bit black swan inspired. i want these kids to be drunk with power and i want it to go beyond the walls of whatever room they meet in. i want them involved in everything, particularly engaging with the community so as to provide political intrigue. and i want lots of duplicity, betrayal, and trickery. (note: as much as i would want them to dabble in witchcraft or black magic, i would prefer to stick with magic realism on this, instead of outright supercharged witch powers.

ii. for weeks now, you think a black cat has been following you. you're not one for superstition, but let's just say you've been avoiding ladders and mirrors. however, one day you get a note in the mail with an intricate wax seal and no return address. the handwriting is absolutely enchanting, but it only contains three things: a date, time, and an address. inside the envelope with the note as a single tarot card. despite your better insticts, you show up right on time. inside the cabin in which the address has brought you to, there are 21 other people. they're of all ages, backgrounds, and dress. the only thing in common that you all have is that you each recieved the exact same note, but with a different card of the major arcana. nobody knows why they're there, but the reason is more shocking and fantastical than any of them could ever think... (people would obviously have to double or even triple up if we can't get 20 other people involved haha. i am not sure what the reason is exactly, but let's brainstorm it!)

iii. [under construction]

♣ horror / thriller / mystery

iv. (i'm obsessed with the concept of surburban gothic, which is what inspired this one.) the year is 1992. nirvana's "smells like teen spirit" has just recently blessed the ears of listeners everywhere, a perfect decade to be an rebellious teen or even an alternative young adult. yet even the angstiest grunge fan couldn't help but feel carefree as they listened to music on tape with their windows down. wayne's world was released on vhs this year and the sound of laughter could be heard in every family room. the cold war is over and the united states feels a collective weight off its shoulders. even atlas himself can feel the sense of relief. it is a good time to be alive in suburban america. this especially goes for the residents of jejune, ohio, a suburban community thriving 45 minutes outside of akron. it's a typical lazy june and everyone is lounging in the summer weather. this past year has been wonderful in jejune, despite a couple recent setbacks: a local politician's body was found in a lake two counties away and the third best pitcher of jejune high's baseball team went missing a month ago. local authorities have made no connection, chalking the former up to suicide following a scandal, and the latter to a runaway case. however, a third tragedy has struck, and a few citizens of jejune might be stuck figuring out exactly what the authorities are trying to hide.

v. serial killer family? high-collar crime family? don't know, just want to play with family dynamics and violence/crime, but without the mafia trope.

♦ slice-of-life / character-focused / drama

vi. i became quite obsessed with this photoset of houses and i thought, why not just write about them? every rper would choose one house and then put however many people you would want (up to four) and then the characters would all get to know each other. that simple. i want this to be a realistic slow-paced rp where it's all very character-focused and they develop relationships slowly, but it would be interesting to see how everyone gets along and how friends/enemies/lovers develop when you throw a bunch of random characters in a neighborhood and let them get to know each other. maybe we can create some other cute, cozy spaces in the town to talk about, like a coffeehouse or a community garden or something.

i, ii, and v caught my attention. Ngl. Idk if I wanna overfill my plate yet though

• Haha
Reactions: Rads
I have varying amounts of interest in ii, vi, and v.

I have varying amounts of interest in ii, vi, and v.

which one are you most interested in? i'm hoping to get a group signup off the ground as soon as i know which one would appeal to others the most.

i, ii, and v caught my attention. Ngl. Idk if I wanna overfill my plate yet though

i don't blame you, 3 would be so many! which one sounds most appealing?

which one are you most interested in? i'm hoping to get a group signup off the ground as soon as i know which one would appeal to others the most.
Ah ! I just realised I accidentally wrote vi instead of iv. RIP.

Probably iv > ii > v.

I'm utterly intrigued by both your High fantasy concepts. @Dante

Hey~hey~^^!!

Lovin the sound of iv!!

...aaaaaand that's about it ^^;

II, V, and VI seem quite interesting to me :^) In-depth character interactions are always so fun.

The tarot card one sounds SUPER interesting!

ii sounds so fun!