A Bitter Taste That's Left (w/ Jaysnarnia & Lissam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morganite pulled her arm away from Blue Sandstone quickly, a disgusted look on her face. "That Kindergarten gem is my friend! Well...she used to be. Oh dear--" She cut off, putting a hand to her face. This wasn't good. Pyrite was probably going to hate her now, and even though she did like Blue Sandstone, she still wasn't a Homeworld sympathizer. What if Pyrite told Aventurine? It wasn't like she shared her feelings of betrayal to Aventurine. As much as Aventurine knew, she still loved her. A knot in her "stomach" twisted as she stared blankly off into space, thinking of what a problem this would be. Finally snapping out of her worry loop, she looked back at Blue Sandstone, a grim look on her face.

"I'm sorry I was brash, but that gem does mean a lot to me. On Homeworld I know they are looked at as tools, but she is a gem just like you and I. She deserves respect no matter what. That's another reason I left. I may have turned on most of my people, but even before I left, our people turned on themselves." Biting her lip, she kept speaking softly. "But wherever she went, this--us, it's not going to end up well. I--well, I don't mind the consequences as much that I've found you. I still want us to be together, though we disagree on some matters, but it's going to be difficult." Her voice was almost silent, worry etched into her light pink face. She moved closely to Blue Sandstone and leaned on her, feeling very worn out. It was difficult caring for the "enemy", but here she was, 'head over heels' (a human phrase meaning she was in love) for this gem. And now she was going to deal with the consequences that brought.

Blue Sandstone stood back from Morganite, harshly reminded of Morganite's views compared to her own. Perhaps she had... overreacted to the Kindergarten Gem. She shouldn't have spoke so radically. If she had acted cooler, the situation wouldn't have blown up as it had. The fusion had brought out so many emotions she usually didn't express, and now she was slowly going back to the cold persona she was more used to, she didn't get as hurt if she pretended it didn't matter as much to her. Still, she couldn't say the same for Morganite, who made clear what she thought and felt.

She could explain how Kindergarten gems weren't as important because, well, they were made in such a different way, made so that there were many and they could be replaced. That if Homeworld society, or any gem society for that matter, were to be successful, then classes must be adhered to... but she decided to save her breath. If Morganite didn't listen then, she especially wouldn't listen when she was in this state. Their relationship would be by no means an easy road, and Blue Sandstone had the option of just leaving Morganite right here and now because she knew of all the trouble it would bring. That Adventurine gem... No, she couldn't be the same Adventurine that she had asked to fix Goldstone. And Goldstone. What about Goldstone? It was a horrible thought, but did she even want Goldstone by her side now? As she thought about this, she felt Morganite lean on her. She slowly wrapped one of her arms around her. She wouldn't leave... this might make her a traitor herself, but Homeworld didn't need to know about this. It could be easy to hide the relationship, with Earth not being as high a priority for Homeworld now. The consequences any of these Earth gems brought wouldn't have any effect on her, or at least she thought so.

"We can go back to my ship." she paused, realizing what she implied, "I don't intend on bringing you back to Homeworld. It's just somewhere we can go to escape from... this situation for a bit. Be by ourselves. Or yourself if you feel like being alone."

--

Pyrite crossed her arms, biting her lip. Already she hated that she had to be the one to come over here, maybe she should have let Adventurine find out for herself. Usually Pyrite wouldn't even think of taking a step towards Adventurine's room (except if she felt like being petty and stealing something to put in her hoard of objects stolen from Ven. She didn't need to know where that projector went). She disliked the view she could see of it behind Adventurine, but Ven wasn't so nice to look at either. She considered turning back, but the image of what she saw with Morganite fired her up enough to make her want to open her mouth, "I ain't gonna' mince words here. That gem ya' might still like, Morganite, I saw her with... a 'nother gem." she looked away, eyes narrowed as she remembered the appearance of that gem, "Some blue gem from that Homeworld ya' wanna get back to so badly. Just thought ya' might like to know." she paused, realizing that Ven could easily think that she was bluffing. Pyrite wasn't the sort to lie, but she could see Ven thinking she was the sort to just to get a rise out of her, "If ya' don't believe me, I could easily bring ya' to the spot I saw 'um." It was only after she said that she realized that the blue Homeworld gem or Morganite might not even be in that spot anymore, they could have easily scattered as soon as Pyrite left. Maybe even flew back to Homeworld, since Morganite seemed so intent on being buddy-buddy with them again. She couldn't take it back, otherwise she'd really look like she was bluffing. All she could do is wait for Adventurine's reaction, and see if she felt as hurt as she did.

"Morga--" Aventurine had already told herself that it didn't matter anymore, that Morganite didn't matter anymore. She had to leave, with or without her, and if it would make her happier to just stay on Earth with all these happy mortals and their obviously lesser technology, well, so be it. So for Pyrite to just waltz over and blather about Morganite, it was borderline insulting...Blue? "...Someone else?" Her voice is suddenly softer. Ven couldn't claim to know many blue gems (there was Blue Sandstone, of course; and the Larimar part of the monster was a sort of powder-blue; or that chipped Turquoise specimen she glanced over when she was fiddling with the machines), but...Morganite was with someone else? That--No. No, it was impossible, she'd promised she'd love her, and...They fused, Unakite, some of her happiest memories were of Unakite, of the meteor showers and the rocks from Jupiter! Did that mean nothing to her anymore!?

A bit of betrayal zipped through her. Just her luck.

"Yes. In fact, I would like to see this little..." Cue hand gesture, "'Situation'. But if you're just trying to play another of your stupid games with me, Pyrite, I'll slice your throat and mangle you up so bad it'll take eons for proper regeneration." A huff, and she shooed Pyrite ever so slightly. "So lead the way."

Exhaling in relief, Morganite turned her face into Blue Sandstone's neck. It was comforting to have the other gem's arm around her, making her feel not so alone. If Pyrite did tell Aventurine, everything would turn on it's head. It wasn't like Aventurine dictated her life, but even now she felt like she was pressured to fit the image Ven wanted her to be. To leave with her, to go back to being only sweet and quiet. To go back and be who she was before she joined the rebel cause. She wasn't the old Morganite that had lived on Homeworld thousands of years ago; being with Aventurine negated all of that growing she did! Aventurine just assumed that when she finally showed up Morganite would leave happily. Didn't she understand? Didn't she know?!

"I'd enjoy being alone with you." Morganite tried to state calmly, coming off a little excited from her growing resentment of the consequences. She wanted to hide with Blue Sandstone forever at this point; escape in their fusion and enjoy each other's company. She also wanted to show Aventurine she didn't need her anymore, that Blue Sandstone was enough! "Lead the way. I don't particularly want to see if Pyrite wants to talk anytime soon." Taking Blue Sadstone's hand, she started walking to the ship, eager to spend some alone time with the gem and to get out of the open.

Blue Sandstone allowed herself put her hands through Morganite's hair, so free and untamed when compared to her own hair, kept contained within her hair bands. She was careful in her movements, as if Morganite might up and decide that she didn't want this relationship anymore and run off to join her Earth gem friends. She hadn't been intimate in so long, all of this seemed foreign, yet had a familiar tinge to it.

She was glad that Morganite had wanted to come to her ship. It wasn't exactly the height of comfort, Homeworld having abandoned that for efficiency long ago. It was big enough for maybe three gems at most, used for small scouting missions, but it was enough to be alone in the same space as Morganite. There was a small smile on her face, breaking through her hard, stony-faced demeanor. She walked by Morganite to her ship, hand in hand.

--

Pyrite cued into a few subtle changes in Adventurine, namely the softer tone of voice, different from the one that was so grating on her nerves. Had she really done some damage? Coming down from the anger of betrayal, she wondered if this was right to do this... It didn't take long for Adventurine to go back to her old, snobby and uptight self, and Pyrite felt like she was being treated like some sort of nuisance. Well, okay, to be fair, they both were to each other. Still, Adventurine seemed awful cold about her telling her this, and the threat seemed more for daring to waste an iota of Adventurine's time. You'd think she'd be a whole lot more concerned here. That's what she told herself as she pushed away the thought of what her act of malice would do to Adventurine.

"You think I'd wanna take the trouble of talkin' tah you just fer some lil' prank? Trust me, Ven, there's a whole 'lotta other ways I could be botherin' ya if ah so pleased. Ain't that hard tah do, honestly." she adjusted her hat, turning her back to the green gem, "So come on, just follow me and I'll show you where... she is." She struggled not to call Morganite a traitor.

She lead Adventurine through the forest, following the path as she remembered it. As she walked, she thought to herself that Adventurine would have come to know about this anyways, and have been hurt the same way, just later. This thing that she was doing a little... mean, even for Pyrite, but this gem did need to be taken down a few pegs. Too much of a high and mighty Homeworld gem for her own good. Pyrite's past aggressions towards Homeworld were still fresh, and Adventurine was too fresh of a reminder, with that blue gem she saw being the only one to take the cake on that one.

She stopped, coming to the sight she was looking for, "Over there." she gestured to the gem couple, walking hand in hand towards the small ship that laid on the forest field, "There she is, with that blue gem ah mentioned. Think she might be leavin' us?" she sneered, staring at the sight of the two gems. It was a remark made of spite, for the betrayal that laid fresh in her mind... and for the way she actually hoped Adventurine was feeling right now.

Ven had remained quiet through most of the journey. Her mind was busy, her remaining eye scanning the area. Aventurine was blind, and her mental perception ability required a bit more focus to get all the details. Luckily, the passing focus she gave her surroundings gave her enough indication of where trees were, of where Pyrite was. Vegetation. Disgusting. Earth's greenery had done very little to enchant her, and she couldn't even begin to comprehend how Morganite liked this sort of thing.

Greenery. She loved greenery. So of course she no longer loves the green one. The bitter irony left a physical taste in her mouth.

She wasn't convinced, for the longest time, that this wasn't a prank. Some way to just irritate her, make her yell and stomp her foot, overreact in that way that would make Pyrite laugh and call her a priss and a snob and--Whatever. To make fun of her and her lack of a love life. But then Pyrite stops, and the golden-brown gem says that this is where Morganite and the blue one were. She stood, enhancing her vision by focusing on her surroundings, details all falling into place. Colors became more vibrant; she could make out all the individual leaves on the trees, and there was Morganite. Like Pyrite had said. There was Morganite, walking alongside...Blue...Oh, she knew the back of that head. That head who'd asked her to tamper with dangerous, highly finicky technology to separate one gem from a cluster.

Blue. Sandstone.

"Morganite!?" She doesn't mean to sound confused, she meant to sound demanding and betrayed, but that note snuck into her voice. Her hands balled into fists. "Sandstone! You two certainly look like you're having a very charming time together. Glad to see you're both doing so well! Tell me, how's it working out, hmm? I take it former girlfriends are just bygones now, right? So maybe you'd have the basic tact not to send me off to pull your girlfriend from a gem cluster before stealing my girlfriend while I'm looking the other way!"

The way Blue Sandstone touched Morganite's hair felt magical. The way she handled everything was with an icy wall to match her blue exterior. It was like space itself had entered her gem. But when she handled Morganite...she was so gentle, so kind. She melted a bit, her soft smile now a fully blown one. Gripping her hand tighter, they almost reached the ship. Almost. That was until she heard her name yelled out in the clearing in a tone she couldn't mistake for anything else other than betrayal. Dropping Blue Sandstone's hand, she whipped around to see Pyrite and Aventurine by the forest clearing.

"Pyrite...Aventurine?" Oh dear, oh no, her worries were becoming realities. She stood there, stunned in awe, hearing Aventurine yell at them, her words bitter and sharp. She felt herself flush in embarrassment; Aventurine was in on something with Blue? And that she, well, dared claiming Morganite as her own? Baffled she stepped closer to the pair of gems, not so much as surprised, rather than angry.

"Yours? I am not some property you can covet Aventurine. We were through a long time ago when you thought what Homeworld was doing was more important than me. You severed your right to call me that when you thought status was more important! I am no ones! I am here to save this planet from being treated like Homeworld's property and live my own free life!" Morganite felt herself grow furious with each word. She never had felt this angry, but everything seemed to bubble up from her like hot magma. Pointing at Pyrite and Aventurine she continued. "You have the gall to call me out on something when you didn't have the right to stick your noses in it in the first place!" She snapped around, looking at Blue Sandstone confusedly. "Is it true? Were you trying to get her back...? Am I just a pawn piece before you go running back to Goldstone?"

Blue Sandstone froze at hearing a familiar voice, and when she turned around, it was as she thought-- Morganite had, in fact, been with that Adventurine. The very same Adventurine she had promised to take home if she put Goldstone back together. She should have known. She was so enveloped by the fusion and... The kindergarten gem! That Pyrite! She had something to do with starting all this! And Goldstone and... Morganite... There were so many gems that conflicted in her head. She tried to keep up the appearance of a cool head, and took a deep breath, "... Yes, I want to get Goldstone back. I still want her back together." She confessed, "... However, I never promised to stay with Goldstone. I never promised that I wouldn't 'steal' your 'girlfriend'. The deal was that you fix Goldstone, and I take you back to Homeworld. Those were the conditions, and you either take them, or stay on this planet." Mindful of Morganite's love for Earth, she resisted insulting the planet... as petty as she thought defending it was. Her voice reverted back to it's old coldness, and she looked at the two gems as if she demanded compliance, "Do you see, Morganite? What happens when you let lower gems walk all over you, much like the Earthen plants we're stepping on now?"

"How's about what happens when ya' decide it's fair game to fuse with a HOMEWORLD GEM?!" Finally, Pyrite's anger was let loose, not caring for how Adventurine would take the information she just revealed.

"... You." Blue Sandstone remained cold but could hardly contain the anger she felt for the kindergarten gem herself, "You must have forgotten what your place was, after all these years being spoiled by this Earth's anarchy... You have too, Adventurine. We are not equals, and it's disgraceful that you would have even dared to have thought so with me or Morganite." she had had hand over her gem, showing a part of her weapon, "I would suggest you know who your speaking to or leave, lest those consequences be revealed."

"Then why don't you leave with Morganite? All the way back to that Homeworld the both of you love so much." Pyrite looked at Morganite, her golden eyes burning with fury at backstabbing that she was sure Ven would have looked at and admit that there was good aim, "I mean, since ya seem so keen at playin' sides here." She pulled out part of her gun too, more than ready to go head to head with Blue Sandstone.

Last edited:
"Well, alright. I'll stay here on this rock. But I'm not going to tinker with Homeworld technology--Not the mention the rather unsavory character keeping that technology under watch--To get back a gem who might be far too far gone to be functioning just so you can leave her behind in the dirt. Too much work. Too much trouble. And considering I'm the one in the dirt right now I'm not inclined to drag anyone else into it!"

Was it more immoral to leave a gem within a monster that no doubt was causing her pain, or to pick up all the pieces and revive her just for her to be left behind like an Earth pebble? She didn't know, and Aventurine didn't want to have internal morality battles. Of course Morganite wasn't her possession, she knew that, she just--She--They fused? They--Fused?

"...Did Unakite mean anything to you!?" She suddenly snapped, her teeth gritting hard. Homeworld had never been a huge fan of the fusion to begin with (in a society based on strength and worth, a society where you either have power or you're worthless, a tactic to combine powers was frowned upon), Morganite knew she would be breaking her own moral code in order to fuse with her, and--She just goes and fuses with Blue Sandstone! "Obviously not, just another cheap rock. Don't you even love me anymore, Morganite? Or are you just content to--To go with her--Going out of her way to exploit me, knowing only my luck could get her girlfriend back! Except no. Not her girlfriend. Just another cheap rock, right?"

Goldstone had another name. As a codeword, some on Homeworld would call the specimens Aventurine Glass.

For someone with all the luck, for someone apparently good enough that her gem's name was put in a codeword for another gem entirely, she certainly wasn't feeling like that. Her teeth grit hard. "...I thought you still loved me."

"Come on...please, no violence now! No shooting, no pistol. We need to stay calm here. It isn't worth starting a fight over such nonsense..." Morganite's voice petered out, uneasiness making her tense as she put a hand on Blue Sandstone's shoulder. "Please Blue, I don't want to make a big deal out of this...I know I spoke angrily before but it's not worth this fight! I don't want anyone damaged because of change." Her voice soft and loving, trying to coax Blue out of her enraged state. "We can fix Goldstone and then we can leave this area, yes? Enjoy a different part of Earth together. Or maybe we can take a vacation and travel the stars? A compromise of Earth and Homeworld. We can tour the galaxy; let things blow over! Just the two of us." She hoped her gentle words could wash over and calm her dear companion.

Then turning to Aventurine, her voice got cold and restricted. "Unakite was important to me then...you were important to me then Aventurine. But things have changed! You thought I was dead for the longest time, and honestly I had no idea where you were. Do you not understand how devastated I felt when we split? I cried many nights when the battle was in a lull. You meant so much to me Aventurine, but honestly everything changes. We all grow. And thousands of years have passed and I am over you. Over your control and interest only in business and Homeworld. Seeing you now...you haven't changed a bit!" She shook her head and sighed. "And this business about Goldstone, I don't know what it's even about, but I don't care. Blue has made up her mind. She's interested in me even though I'm a Crystal Gem. That's more than I can even say about you."

She gripped Blue Sandstone's hand and sighed again, chest tight. "Pyrite, my allegiance is always with the Earth. I won't let Rose's ideals ever die. I know what I want and no one can ever change that."

Blue Sandstone's gaze intensified, "Goldstone is not a cheap rock." While romantic feelings were unclear, she still felt as if Goldstone was very important to her... She would be heartbroken, but she would have a life to move on. She deserved that, "So you're willing to leave a gem who you could very clearly save in the condition she's in? All because of the petty actions you're pulling now? Fine. You deserve to be on this planet. It would have been useless anyways, as you are indeed the cheap rock that Homeworld has replaced with a far superior replacement." On Morganite's insistence, she lowered her weapon, allowing it to go back inside it's gem. It wouldn't have been worth the effort to face gems who couldn't take her combined anyways.

Pyrite kept her hand on her weapon, glancing at Blue Sandstone, "... I wish I could believe that, Morganite. I wish I could believe that ya' just happened to not notice that big ol' Homeworld symbol on her too. I'm sure you'll be preaching those 'ideals' of yours when Homeworld up and takes over this planet too, huh? Sorry 'bout gettin' too attached when ya' were gonna up and leave at the first chance." Pyrite's voice wavered, and she looked down, giving up the grip on her gun to let it retreat into her gem. She wasn't so worried about getting attacked now... and she didn't have the heart to shoot Morganite, either. She felt a tight knot in her chest, and it wasn't just from Morganite's apparent departure. What Adventurine was saying was starting to get to her too, but why? Didn't she want this? To make Adventurine feel like... she was "the one in the dirt"? Well now she was, but... having company in her misery only made it worse.

"Morganite is not with either of you any longer." Blue Sandstone said, taking Morganite's hand and spinning her, dipping her down so that she could look into the two gem's eyes, especially Adventurine's, clearly, "She is with me. Together, we will do as we like, no matter what any Earth gems say. Together..." their gems glowed a pale light, their bodies combining, "We are Purple Turquoise!" the being twirled, standing defiantly over them, "And nothing will split us apart, even you naysayers. We will go where no one can oppose our existence! If we have to leave everything and everyone behind, so be it."

Purple.

Purple Turquoise.

When she and Morganite had become Unakite, there had been such a warmth in her chest. There had been such a lovely warmth, a perfect duality, a...A love. Inadvertently her mental focus improved as she watched the larger purple specimen loom over her, making her vision sharpen, making every single thing become much more clear. She'd agreed to get back Goldstone and Blue Sandstone had wondered how fusion had felt, she--She told her--And now she was getting all that warmth and love and she just wanted that warmth right now! She knew it was petty, she knew it was pure envy, but how long had it been since she'd felt that warmth!? Morganite was talking about running away with Blue, about them being together and leaving Aventurine behind because she dared to distract herself by trying to help Blue, because she dared to let Morganite go and try to get back home without her, because she dared to even think that Morganite could still love her! Wasn't her luck supposed to save her? Wasn't that her pride? Why was it that Morganite always made her luck go wonky!?

Aventurine set her jaw, and while she could feel her eye welling up with tears, she refused to let it show. She didn't want Morganite's stupid pity. It probably wouldn't be genuine pity anyway.

"Fine! Why don't you travel the stars then!? Why don't you go have fun, and while you're at it, bring Goldstone back and throw her into your little jolly party together! Go out there and spit on every single one of those places we went to, why don't you!? Have fun! Be better then I could have ever been! Stay Purple Turquoise--" She spat the name out like it was toxic against her tongue, "--Forever if you want! It's better then Unakite, oh, it's better then Aventurine! Have fun. Good luck. See you later."

She turned around, balling her hands into fists. She shut her eye, tears finally being forced out and rolling down her cheek against her will. And she walked off, drained, betrayed, and just wanting to sit down and maybe try that human concept of 'sleep' to take her mind off of all this.

Purple Turquoise watched in utter conflict as Aventurine walked away; she balled her fists and almost fell apart at the dissonance the two gems were feeling. The Morganite side was hurt seeing the pained Aventurine leave, the possibility to be with her old lover a mere memory now. She didn't mean to sound that horrible, that demanding, that...cold. Morganite desperately wanted to say that Aventurine was perfectly fine, but the past hurt too much. Didn't she understand? Why couldn't she understand?! And as this anger flooded Morganite, the bond of Purple Turquoise grew and cemented together. The large and ethereal fusion flapped its dark wings up and soared into the sky. Purple Turquoise was done with this petty nonsense; she didn't have to deal with petty gem relationships. She had herself, and that was enough. A strong loving connection, a relationship all her own. She didn't need Aventurine or Pyrite's petty nonsense. Purple Turquoise could accomplish anything!

Reveling in her existence at last, she shot up through the atmosphere of the tiny planet. She swirled through clouds and sky, her hair streaming behind her freely. It was wonderful feeling this power, to leave this responsibility of everything back on Earth. Finally she was free to do what she wanted; Earth and Homeworld a distant memory, the atmosphere her present, and the stars her future.

The Blue Sandstone part of Purple Turquoise felt satisfaction at seeing Adventurine leave. Finally, Morganite was hers. She hadn't intended for it to be that way... but the feeling of being fused was something that she couldn't let go of now. Their shared anger at Adventurine overthrew the feelings of regret and hurt that threatened to pull them apart, and instead empowered them to leave both of the gems to stew by themselves.

Pyrite could only watch as the fusion took off into the sky, watching as their form got smaller and smaller, a small dot in the sky that had someone she thought she could actually trust. She lifted her hand up, holding up her index finger and thumb to make it look like the shape of a gun, "Pow." she pretended to shoot at the fusion, "Pow pow pow pow pow!" Just.... shoot her out of her life. She didn't need Morganite. The only gem she should ever depend on was the one that was embedded in the side of her hip, which was to say herself.

... Adventurine. It was hard enough seeing that by herself, but coupled with Adventurine's reactions to the whole thing... What was she thinking?! Oh, right, she wasn't thinking at all. She let her emotions govern her actions. Now look where it got them. She turned to Adventurine drifting away from the scene, "... Adventurine." she said, lacking the southern accent that she usually had. What could she say? What was there to say? About Morganite? Blue Sandstone? ... Saying sorry? Did Adventurine have any other friends? She didn't see her much, but she also remembered rarely seeing her out. Was Morganite really the only gem she thought she had? Did... did she just chase away Adventurine's only companion?

Pyrite found herself questioning what she had just done.

---

Howlite had wandered this Earth for... well, who knows how long. She lost track after awhile. It was very lonely, and she sometimes wished that she could find other gems, but who would have been left after the war? She came upon a forest. Looking at the trees, she wondered as she often did about what the Crystal gems found so... important about Earth. Enough to leave their own kind for a planet they had spent comparatively little time with. She didn't understand, but she sought to.

Something in the sky caught her attention. She thought at first that it might just be one of those Earth creatures called a 'bird', but as the form came closer, she realized that it's shape looked to be more like... a gem? But... they had four arms... a fusion? With wings? Bewildered by the spectacle, they continued to look up at them.

Aventurine could hear Pyrite, even if she couldn't see her all too well. Sadness was clouding her mental focus, causing everything to look blurry, sketchy, choppy. First, that little imbecile trying to shoot away Yellow Diamond-knows-what, trying to shoo something away with false rifles. And then daring to call her name. Having the sheer gall to probably rub this into her face! She's the one who brought her here, she's the one who wanted her to see Morganite, to see Blue Sandstone, to see Purple Turquoise in all of her magnificent and warm and love-made splendor! Just one of her stupid pranks, little games. And she had the gall to call her name, to tease her about it, to remind her that the only gem who had ever mattered more then a passing glance to her (aside from Yellow Diamond, her liege) had decided that she just wasn't worth the trouble anymore.

Morganite loved everyone.

Yet she couldn't find it in herself to love Aventurine.

And that hurt more then anything.

"What do you want!?" She suddenly barked, whirling around to face Pyrite. Her vision was muddled and blurry, but she could make out the brown-gold Gem distinctly against the brown-green trees. "Forget it, I know what you want. From the second you met me you wanted me gone! All you do is hurt me for a laugh and steal all my things and stop me from going home because it's just sooooo funny to see her shout when her projector is gone!" Her fingertips dug even harder into her palm, causing the green Gem a brief spark of pain. It soon faded. "And here's your latest scam, show me that Morganite thinks having me around is bad luck and treating me like--Like some insignificant earth speck! Well, congrats, I'm gone now! I'm gone."

Ven stood her ground. She set her jaw. And then she reached up, one hand trembling ever so slightly as she pointed to the gem embedded in her eye.

"I want one clean shot. Chip me, crack me, treat me like a power source for a tool. It's all I'm good for anymore and if I have no use with a physical body I better make myself useful in other ways. C'mon. I know you want to!"

Purple Turquoise rose higher into the atmosphere, her wings flapping powerfully behind her. Finally breaking past the planet's pull, the gem floated motionless in space. With the weight of the Earth finally behind her, Purple Turquoise felt lighter than ever. To the Blue Sandstone side of the fusion, the empty expanse of space felt more at home to her than ever before, and to the Morganite side the distance from her problems on earth was a relief. Reveling in her new freedom, Purple Turquoise then happily flew around in space, yelling into the empty void. Now she could explore the galaxy with nothing stopping her other than forces beyond her control, but even then it was no match for her power.

She orbited around the planet, the striking blue and green against the black of space. Space debris and satellites were her friends out here now, and she took time poking and searching each one she found. Human's were quite interesting with their fascination of sending signals from space to their own planet or the stars beyond. And even the probes they thought would give them insight of other worlds was amusing. A pity they weren't as technology advanced as the gems were, well, sort of. A slight interruption of the perfect fusion occurred for a second as that thought came up, but soon again she was aimlessly flying through space.

Morganite was trying to distance her mind from Earth at the moment and revel in their fusion, and being annoyed with Blue Sandstone's clashing views wouldn't be appropriate at the moment. Maybe someday she could get Blue Sandstone to see, but now it was just time to forget.

The Blue Sandstone side of the fusion relished flying in the vastness of space. Planets were so... restricting. Chunks of rock that may or may not have insignificant lifeforms. But space... such an unexplored territory! Purple Turquoise felt as if she could stay here forever, whether it as propelling herself with her wings or letting herself simply float in the weightlessness. Space was one of her only passions that hadn't been ruined for her, her one place of solace... and through their fusion, Blue Sandstone was able to share that love with Morganite. A sort of childish giddiness was felt in the fusion, a feeling that Blue Sandstone thought she forgot long ago, along with her feelings of love... At the very least, Blue Sandstone's love of space was more readily accepted between the two than Morganite's love of the humans. Coming upon a satellite, a pair of eyes glowered at the device. All the human inventions could barely even match up to an iota of how Homeworld has progressed... Purple Turquoise jumped off of the satellite to propel herself through space. She shook such thoughts off. No... now wasn't the time for old regrets. The only thing that should fill her now is the joy of being herself, a being of love, unlike--

Asteroid! She swiftly maneuvered to avoid the asteroid's path, only to be met with one after the other. Purple Turquoise could only do so much, as she was like a fledgling with her wings, having only been recently formed. In the panic she managed to keep from unfusing, but in the process found herself heading towards the planet's surface again. She tried to lighten the impact as much as she could, but found herself going faster, and faster, and faster, spiraling down as the sky became more and more abundant with blue rather than black.

Howlite only blinked before they spectacle seemed to disappear. Perhaps they were... mistaken. Puzzled, she continued to look up before convincing herself that it was only an illusion caused by her loneliness. Yet as she turned around, she could hear the snapping of trees and branches, and the tearing of the ground, tufts of dirt and grass tossed here and there. Some even got on herself as she turned one last time to see what she had seen in the sky before. She stood, amazed and intimidated. Friend or foe? What about her? Would they think her to be a friend or foe? Howlite watched, allowing this being the first move.

Purple Turquoise slowly stood, frowning at the trees that were used to break their impact, no matter how the Blue Sandstone part thought of them as 'mere collateral damage'. Still, at least they were... alright, "... It was a good first flight." She said, reassuring both parts of herself that it was neither who was at fault for their crash landing... oh? Purple Turquoise noticed the gem that had been watching them. Blue Sandstone recognized them as a Howlite. Howlites were meant to be used for peaceful negotiations, and there were attempts to use them with the Crystal Gems... before it became clear that no amount of reasoning would get to them. If only they'd listened. Unlike the Pyrite, Blue Sandstone did not regard this gem with anger over 'disrespect'; Goldstone too was meant for the purpose of bringing peace, and the reminder made her more lenient.

---

... Pyrite took out her gun. There was a click, ready to shoot, "Adventurine, I..." Pyrite's hands trembled, and she raised the gun... to her own gem, "If there's anyone who's deserving of bein' shot right now, it's me." It was hard for her to admit even this, but something spoke louder than her pride. Sympathy, "I'm not gonna lie-- from the moment ah saw you, I did want you gone. You reminded me of too many things I thought ah could leave behind. Of Homeworld, and..." she continued with a shaky voice, "... and how they just... threw me away like some toy. Sort'a... like what happened t'you now. I've poked and prodded at ya' because ah thought that maybe, just maybe, if ah dragged ya' by your heels to my level, even for a moment, it'd make me feel better. Like there'd be somethin' satisfying in making something valuable's worth less than what's been discarded a long time ago. But all I've discovered now, is..." Pyrite looked down, and her hat slid off of her head, falling onto the ground. She didn't bother to pick it up.

She lifted her head again, and try as she might, she couldn't control the flood of tears, "... Is that no gem should ever be feelin' like ah' do, even for a second, mila'second... whatever amount of time! I'm... I'm really sorry, Adventurine. I meant tah hurt you and, low and behold, ah got my wish. Ah don't expect ya' to forgive me, Adventurine. If this was the last time we ever saw each other, well, I'd accept that. I just... needed t'say my peace, before... before I go ahead and do anything else I'll be regrettin', though ah doubt that ah'll stop doin' that anytime soon."

Last edited:

"What?"

Her voice was small, almost disbelieving. Pyrite...Wasn't going through with it. But why? She would have assumed the reckless, careless, violence-prone utter lout in front of her would have completely relished the chance! Aventurine's mental focus began to sharpen as she stared at Pyrite. For once, really listening. How they...Tossed her aside. Ven had to pause for a moment, her eye drifting off. What had she even heard of Pyrite specimens? She knew of the Labradorite experiments (and the defective one that was the gossip going around Homeworld for a lunar rotation), and she knew about the possibility of refitting some gems with new bodies (they were considering Jelly Opal specimens), not to mention a new...Mmm...Expedition (that's a good word) to conquer Pluto's moon and enslave any races found. But...Pyrites? Nothing. So to hear her sounding so broken, so utterly battered, and so affected by such a sloppy and messy breakup...

It hurt her. Aventurine was not used to so much hurt from so many sources. Today, luck was absolutely useless.

Slowly, slowly, she walked up to Pyrite. And also ever so slowly, she extended a hand. She exhaled slowly, categorized her thoughts, adjusted her mental focus so she'd be able to properly see Pyrite's face, and then spoke.

"Listen. I suppose we've both done things to each other we've rather not have done. But...If I really am going to be stuck on this miserable green rock forever, well..." A small, bitter, dry laugh, "I'd rather it be with someone who thinks she's trash then someone who thinks she can go gallivanting off with the first gem she sees just because I'm no longer good enough. Yellow Diamond would have me crushed, but..." She sighed. "I do forgive you."

Her hand moved slightly, prompting a shake.

~
Her technology was gone.

It wasn't a lot, of course; and on a normal day she might not have even noticed it was missing at all. But it was. Somebody had broken into her laboratory (made from her ship with the engines deactivated and decorated in the finest of retro-futuristic decor--Weren't humans hilarious to think of the future in such a cute way?) and taken that one little specific piece. For the scientist in question, this was completely unthinkable.

She had all but torn the cracked gem powering her machine--Morenci Turquoise--And demanded they tell her where the missing bit was. They said they honestly had no idea, and she slapped them before shoving them back into their slot. If she was going to be doing anything with these bits of gem shards (neatly categorized and labeled in Mason jars) and make another brilliant monster, she was going to need that bit. She stomped to the back of her laboratory, opened a chamber door, quickly told the situation to her current favorite monster (made of specimens of Sard, Larimar, Stitchtite, and...Goldstone), and slammed the door when it tried to whimper to her.

The scientist, Oligoclase, stomped out of her spaceship laboratory.

She was angry beyond all belief.

And Oligoclase would have her missing tech back if she had to shatter a million gems to do it.​

Status
Not open for further replies.