A 50% Chance of Zombies

Kira didn't dare voice the dreadful thought that came to her mind. What if this... "virus" had started somewhere else? She didn't want him to worry more though. Kira sighed and put a hand on his shoulder, forcing a smile.

"How about we get some rest?" she suggested. "It'll do us no good to stay awake worrying."

He made no effort in replying to her question. Miyamoto turned away and sunk into deep thought. That was a good question, what if it did start somewhere else? That would mean that more areas had been affected. He started to think about what other places could have been effected. When Kira spoke again he looked back at her. "Yes, I think it is best that we do that. But, we need to check all the windows and doors. I rather be safe than sorry." He said, looking at Kira.

She nodded, "Of course." Kira began going about, checking doors and windows to make sure they were properly locked.

Miyamoto nodded and walked out the kitchen. He began checking the doors and windows. Everything seemed secure enough, but be was still skeptical. Also, it would have been a good idea to turn off the lights as well. He wasn't sure if the zombies would be attracted tothe light, but it was an extra safety measure. He flicked off a few lights and left some dimmed so that he could see where he was walking.

She turned off all of the lights of the rooms, whose windows she'd checked. Finally, Kira ended up in the main hall. The house was darker now, except for the dimmed lights she could see, where she assumed Miyamoto was. Kira sighed a little, feeling nervous suddenly, and went off to find him. When she did, she said, "I think we should take turns staying up as guards. All the doors and windows are locked, but we need to keep our eyes open. Those things might still be able to break in." She smiled a little. "You look tired, so I'll take first watch."

Even with the lights dimmed, Miyamoto still could barely see. He placed a hand on the wall and walked at slow steady paces. He didn't want to bump into anything that would cause any noise and attract the zombies. He could see someone walking towards him and suddenly, he had a nervous feeling. Could a zombie have gotten in? If so, his weapon was no where near him. Miyamoto gulped a little.

As the figure closed in, he placed his hand on one of the dimly lit lamps sitting on a table. He relaxed when he saw who it was and removed his hand, It was Kira. Miyamoto sighed in relief. He was happy that she was okay as well. When she suggested that he sleep first, he blinked twice. "No, I am fine. You have been through quite a bit today, and you should take this time to relax. I'll keep watch out." He said, placing his hands gently on her shoulders.

"Hey, don't worry about me. I'm fine," she replied, smiling. "But... I can sleep first if you want." She patted his shoulder and put a hand on her gun, which was in the back of her pants. "Just holler if anything happens."

Kira headed off in search of one of the bedrooms. She found one on the first floor of the house and stepped in. This was one of the rooms she had checked, so she knew she would be alright. Setting the gun on the nightstand, Kira laid back on the bed and relaxed as best she could.

Miyamoto smiled as she walked away. He turned around, and then felt the wall until he could see the kitchen. The little light was dimmed but he could see his shotgun by the counter. He walked over to it and picked it up and sat down on a stool by the counter.

Kira lay awake. It was dark and quiet, but she just couldn't sleep. How could she, when she was sure bad things were going on outside? She sat up in the bed, staring off into the darkness.

He leaned forwrd on the counter. He felt on edge suddenly. It was the thought of the city transforming and an apocalypse breaking out. He looked around and and sighed. So much happened in one day. It was a lot to take in. Miyamoto stood up and then walked over to the kitchen window. He opened the blinds slolwly and peered outside. The zombies were everywhere. It also seemed like there were more now.

Kira, unable to get back to sleep, left the room and wandered towards where she could hear Miyamoto. She could see his silhouette standing at a kitchen window looking out. She cleared her throat, hoping she wouldn't startle him.

She sat at the table. "Sorry, I can't sleep," she explained. "H-how are things looking outside?" she asked, looking up at him. Deep down, Kira knew the answer, she didn't like it, but she knew what it was going to be.

Miyamoto closed the window. He looked back at Kira, who had said that she could not sleep. He smiled at her to give her reassurance. "Everything is fine, Kira. They are all just roaming around outside. They have made no effort in coming to this house. The dim setting of the house doesn't draw attention at all. "He walked over to the counter and sat in a seat next to Kira. "But, they have more out there. It seems they were feasting on more victims." He said in a shaky voice.

The groans and moans of the zombies could be heard and they bumped into each other.

Kira shut her eyes against the noise. "Ugh..." she groaned, putting her forehead on the counter. "This really sucks. I... Wish this were all a nightmare," she said quietly. "What if we're the only two left?" she worried, "Or what if this is some sick experiment? What if no one comes to help?"

All of the questions Kira had seemed to have morbid answers. She was horrified and depressed, even a little angry. There had to be someone out there who would come look for survivors. Where were the helicopters? Where was the army? They had to come at some point.

Miyamoto walked over to Kiura. He placed his left hand on her right shoulder firmly, and then smiled. It will be okay, Kira. I am sure there are others somewhere out there. We can worry about how to get out of here in the morning. For now, we are safe in here. They are unaware of our location." He smiled down at her.

Kira smiled a little. "I guess so..." she replied. "I certainly hope so." Kira sighed a little and looked toward the window.

Miyamoto looked over at the window as well. The zombies seemed to be bumping again the house now. That was strange, the lights were dimmed so there was no way that they could know they were there. He removed his hand from Kiras shoulder and walked towards the window. He opened the blinds slowly and his eyes widened in shock. The zombies were now banging on the house trying to get in.

He backed away slowly. "We have a huge problem."

"Oh god," Kira whispered, looking out. She backed away from the window. "Oh my god," she repeated a couple of times. "What're we going to do now?"

Her mind was in full-blown panic and she spun a couple of times. She started pacing. "Shit," Kira muttered. After a few moments, she looked up at Miaymoto. "Do you think these people have a balcony? I have a plan,.. If it works, we'll be okay, if it doesn't we moght get trapped and probably killed."

She bit her thumb nervously, glancing at him uncertainly. "Do you... Have a plan?"

"I'm not sure how we can get out of this." He said, with a bit of nervousness in his voice. In between the loud banging and his he sound of his heart jumping, he wasn't sure what to do. He leaned on the counter and placed his hands flatly on top of it. "We may be able to use the back entrance. I am sure that they aren't back there. We could use it as an escape route." He looked at Kira. Waiting for some clarification on his plan.

She nodded and grabbed her things. "That plan sounds fine to me!" she said quickly.

Kira looked around for anything else they might need to take, besides their guns. She opened a drawer and grabbed what looked like a miniature first-aide kit. "Alright, we should hurry," Kira whispered.

When she grabbed her things, along with a first aid kit from a drawer. Miyamoto quickly ran pass her, grabbing her arm in the process. He headed down the hall and tried his best to make it through the halls without hitting anything. When they came to the backdoor, he let Kira's hand go and opened the window of the backdoor. When he saw that the coast was clear, he opened the door and the moment he did, he heard the cracking of glass from the kitchen. "Kira, we have to move now!"