A 50% Chance of Zombies

Kira had already found the kitchen while she was looking around. She had found nothing interesting in the house, aside from the fact that it was obviously owned by someone wealthy. Kira was sitting on the kitchen counter wondering who could've lived there and where they had gone.

She felt herself getting hungry as well, but didn't move to look in the refrigerator or cupboards.

Miyamoto had finally found the kitchen after a few more minutes of searching. His stomach was growling like a tiger and he needed to get something to eat and quickly. He hadn't noticed that the woman had made it in before him until he looked up and spotted her sitting on the kitchen counter. He walked over to her and stood on the left side of her. The house was pretty quiet, so they didn't have to worry about those things chasing after them.

"The name's Miyamoto, what's yours?"

She jumped a little as he spoke, his voice bringing her out of her thoughts. "My name is Kira," she replied, "It's a pleasure to meet you... I suppose." Kira smiled slightly. "Too bad we had to meet in such a situation."

Kira jumped down from the counter and stretched. "I'm hungry and tired," she said, "Anyway, thanks for the help out there."

Miyamoto smiled as she responded. "The meeting would be much pleasurable, if there weren't zombies after us." He joked a little, but he was more than serious in the least. He walked over to refrigerator and opened it." You're not the only one. I wonder what the have to cook or eat."

Kira smiled a little as she began going through cupboards. "Hey, look at it this way, we probably would've never met if there weren't zombies," she joked. She found a few cans of tuna and a box of macaroni and cheese. Her heart skipped a little as she noticed the macaroni was in the shape of cartoon characters.

"Whoever lived here had kids," she said quietly, looking down, "I hope they're okay."

She turned to Miyamoto as he went through the refridgerator. "Do you want macaroni and cheese or tuna?"

Miyamoto continued to search through the fridge and found a few cans of soda. He closed the refrigerator door and sat them on the counter behind him. He looked at the cans of food Kira held. He didn't notice that that mac and cheese were in the shape of cartoon characters, by the way Kira held the cans. "Why don't we have both?" He was really hungry and his stomach growled again.

Kira nodded, "Alright. I'll get started." She began going through the pots and pans, taking some out along with a large spoon. "This doesn't feel right..." she said suddenly as she prepared the food. "I feel like... I'm stealing... And... I wonder where these people went? What if they were out taking a family walk and they got attacked? And here we are eating their food."

She shivered a little, putting a hand on the counter. Kira could feel herself getting cold and she started feeling faint. She never had a strong heart, in terms of emotions. She was always getting upset or worried over small things.

Miyamoto watched as Kira took out pots and prepared to cook. He had also noticed the worried look on her face. "Well, I can't say its technically stealing...." He looked down at the counter as he turned around to face it. "The house was abandoned when we came in and there isn't a single normal person in sight." He looked at her as she placed a hand on the counter." Hey, are you alright, Kira?"

She forced a smile and stood straight, waving the subject away. "Hey, I'm fine. I'm just an emotional pessimist," Kira admitted.

"This is almost done," she said, turning away quickly. Ten minutes later, she placed two plates on the counter and served out the food.

He only smiled at her. She had made a quick recovery and began cooking again. Once the food was finished, he pulled out a drawer under the counter and removed some forks. After he closed it he looked over at Kira."This smells really good."

"That's because I followed directions," Kira joked, sitting down. "If I hadn't, this would've been charred." She took one of the forks from him and smiled.

Miyamoto chuckled a little and then picked up his fork. He took a bit of his meal on his fork and then put it to his lips. After he blew on it to cool it down, he tasted the food. The flavor rushed on his taste buds, and he smiled as he chewed and then swallowed."This is really good." He said, as he took a bit more and blew on it, before eating.

Kira smiled and began eating. She sat silently, not knowing what to say to the man. They had just met, so she didn't really know what to ask him or anything. She finished eating and looked up, clearing her throat. "Um... What do you plan on doing tomorrow?" she asked.

Miyamot was really enjoying the dinner that Kira had made. It had good flavor and his taste buds were singing. He took his attention away from the plate, when Kira asked him a question. "Well, I'm not really sure. There is a high chance that this won't blow over in a day." He looked down at the plate as his eyes lowered and he fell into deep thought.

"I get the feeling that this won't blow over at all," Kira said quietly, staring at the table. She sighed gently and leaned forward, her head coming to rest on the table.

"Yes, and by the looks of the city, there may be no survivors. This isn't good at all." He finished his food and looked over at Kira." We should get some rest." He said, as he picked up can of soda and stood up. "By the way, you shouldn't worry so much."

"I... Can't help it," she replied. "How can you not worry?" Kira asked him. She looked up at the man with tears in her eyes. "There... There are little kids and babies out there too. Everyone's dying and... When I think about it... My camily's probably dead too."

Kira shook her head. "It's scary..."

Miyamoto looked at the girl. She was right after all. Unlike them, there were alot of people who couldn't defend themselves. Miyamoto walked up to Kira and curled his right index finger, and then wiped away her tears." I know, Kira. But, we are only two people. We could try to save a few, but, we wouldn't be able to save them all."

Kira sighed, blushing slightly at his touch. "I know," she said. "I still can't help but be sad... Eh..." Kira looked up at him her eyes worried. "If you don't mind my asking... Did you have any family?"

Miyamoto was relieved that Kira had settled down. He listened to her speak and sighed a little. "Yes, sadness is part of our human emotions. It cannot really be helped." He looked down at the plate. He listened to Kira's question. "Well, I have a little sister, but she is in India on a trip. I only hope that all this ends, before she comes back." He said, still looking at his plate.