A 10 year secret

• Thread starter ᎵꂅᏒ꒝Ꭹ. (sick)
  • Start date

ᎵꂅᏒ꒝Ꭹ. (sick)

Original poster
Inconsolata Fenix Playfair Display

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"我还活着"
Going into the fourth grade, Claudia was growing before Priscilla's eyes. She'd been there for her daughter since day one. She'd given up on love after him, thought it would be best to not tell him he had a child in fear of making him lose the future he had planned out. He was going to a create college, aspiring to be a teacher. She didn't want to ruin his future, and decided to keep this little secret of a child to herself. She struggled through out art school, but managed to get a degree in Illustration and Minor in Graphics. By the time Claudia hit five. Priscilla graduated college, and had a job! It was awesome, and now four years later..almost ten. Claudia never had to fear of not living in a house. Priscilla made sure her daughter never faced the struggles she had to go through growing up.

Today was the parent-teacher conference. Claudia managed to get into the gifted and talented program at her new school she was moving to, and there was a mandatory conference so the gifted and talented teacher could meet the mother, and give her the expectations they had for her daughter, also just to meet the mother. Priscilla got to the meeting in time with Claudia, waiting for her turn to talk with the teacher.
Tags: @ @ @

Luca had been a bit damaged after the breakup, he knew it was for the best but at the same time, he loved Priscilla he really did. He was going to college, he had always aspired to be a teacher, he loved children, he was top of his class, the world had big plans for him. And before he knew it he was graduating college and finding a job at Clearpoint Elementary/Middle School, he loved it there, and he liked the class as well. He taught the gifted and talented students, the "Cream of the Crop" as his coworkers joked.

Tonight was the night he was to meet his new students, as well as their parents, he would go over a list of expectations, go over the syllabus, ask questions about the child and allow them to ask questions about himself, they'd get a book for class and he'd go on to the next one. He was there if his students ever needed anything, he was "the nice teacher" as his students sometimes described him. "Alright, next please" he called from his desk as a young boy named Regis Connor and his parents left the room. Little did he know the next student and her mother would probably change his life forever.​

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"我还活着"
Priscilla cringed as she heard these words, her grasp tightening on her daughters hand a bit. Though, her daughter seemed unfazed, her mother was a nervous wreck. Looking up at her mother with a concerned look, the young girl smiled before speaking. "Mom, want me to walk you in? I can be the big girl in this situation, if you'd like." She said. Claudia got her smarts from her dad, that was for sure. That was something Priscilla always knew, and admired. Claudia was ahead of most students, her grammar and maturity level of a highschoolers. It was something that fell natural of course. Priscilla let Claudia be a kid, but her daughter was always fond of other things. Education came easy to her, the little girl learned fast, so school was boring...That is what Claudia said anyways.

Leading her mom in, the little girls green eyes fell on to the teacher. She let out a heavy sigh. "My moms nervous. I don't know why. It isn't like I am going into any new grade...just third grade." She said before pulling her hand away from her moms, sitting down in the seat.

Priscilla looked up, looking at the teacher before gulping heavily. "Out of all the people...it is you?" She said as she sat down. Claudia was confused by this statement. She let out a huh, "What? Who is he mom?" She asked, Priscilla turning to her daughter. "Uhm, an old friend hun." She said before turning back to Luca. "How have you been all these years Luca?" She asked.

Luca looked up over the rims of his reading glasses as he looked over the paperwork for the new student. Though his heart nearly jumped into his throat as he saw just who the mother of his new student was. He nearly stood from his seat but decided against it. His eyes instead moving to the child, a little girl, a smart little girl, Priscilla's daughter, he wasn't expecting that at all.

"I could say the same about you Priscilla" he chuckled slightly, clearly he was nervous, he hadn't seen Priscilla for years, and now she had a child. But there was no father present, he found that a bit odd. "Well I got the career of my dreams" he shrugged his shoulders and smiled gently. "Yourself?" he asked, he waited for her to finish speaking though he did have a job to do. He figured he should ask the first question.

"So Claudia, about you, how old are you gonna be this year?" He was required to ask this question as some of his students skipped grades, he was the gifted teacher after all.​

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"我还活着"
Priscilla discussed how her career has gone before growing a bit weary when he asked this question. She hoped her daughter would have something smart to say, like she always does. But no, her sassiness was at an all time low today. Leaving her willing to answer the question without any remarks. "I am nine years old, turn ten in three months." She said, flashing a weak smile toward the man before looking at her mother. "Mom, you gonna sit down?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

Priscilla laughed nervously, nodded, then sat her ass in a seat. "Uh...Yes. I am seated." She said, Claudia rolled her eyes. "Why are you acting weird, mom?" She asked, right in front of this man. Of course, she had to be so blunt...in front of everyone. "I'm not darling, trust me." She said.

Luca nodded and listened with a smile as she spoke. He was glad everything worked out for her. They hadn't kept much contact since the breakup, agreeing it would be better that way. He missed her, every minute of every day, but eventually he grew almost numb to the pain, well up until today at least.

He listened to the little girls description of her age. He furrowed his brows slightly, he wasn't a dumb man, far from it. "Almost ten" he murmured under his breath, his mind raced and his steely blue eyes slowly slid up to meet Priscilla's. Now that he thought of it, Claudia looked very similar to himself, like if him and Priscilla had a child...

He cleared his throat and smiled easily, cleaning his expression. "Alright, you're very clever" he nodded his head before pulling out the requirements sheet and breathing a short sigh. "Alright now like many honors programs there are requirements to stay in the gifted class" he started, though it was clear he wanted to talk more on the subject of Claudia to Priscilla.​

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"我还活着"

Priscilla felt a thousand knives pierce her chest, and rip through her hearts veins and small cells. Knocking the wind out of her with the expression Luca used. Though it was only for a minute, she knew he was adding things up. Smiling at him though, she did her best to mask her nervousness with a smile, and warm gaze. "Ahh yes, please tell me the requirements." She said.

Luca cleared his throat and began reading over the paper. "Well the requirements are similar to most other honors programs, the student must retain a minimum Grade point average of 3.5, and also must participate in extra curricular activity" he began listing off the requirements, though he had confidence this child wouldn't have a hard time completing the requirements as listed.

"Though these shouldn't be a problem I imagine" he hummed looking to both Claudia and Priscilla. Claudia looked a lot like her mother, but certain features didn't match to Priscilla. The pieces were slowly fitting together.​

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"我还活着"

Stunning, small, green orbs gleamed at Luca, the child already showing confidence in these requirements. She has enough balls to sit up, smirking. "That is really easy actually!" She said with a smug expression, though stopped with her little bragging when her mother shot her a glare.

Priscilla then smiled, "Well, thank you. Is that all?" She asked. She wanted to leave, the stress of being here...and seeing Luca was getting to the woman. She knew he was already suspecting some things..and she didn't want to answer his questions. She wanted to run from it actually.

Luca couldn't help but smile at the girls confidence. If she was his child she definitely got that confidence and intelligence from him. He liked it.

At Priscilla's question he hummed and dug through his stack of papers. "Well there is the syllabus, I ask that you both read over it and sign it as well" He handed the two the paper and pens. "And give me one moment, you're my last student for today, I'll grab you're book alright?" he smiled, standing from his seat and moving to the back of the room to rummage through his stacks of organized books.​

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"我还活着"

Priscilla waited impatiently, letting her foot begin to tap against the ground as she awaited Luca to come back. "Gee, didn't know you were so slow these days, Luca." She teased, trying to hide her nervousness even more. Her daughter watched. Her mother has never acted like this before so it was odd to see.

Once Luca returned, she quickly signed the papers and took the book. "Come on Claudia. Let's go get some ice cream!" She said, grabbing her daughters hand. Her daughter looked at her oddly, though nodded, knowing her mother wanted to get out of this situation. Whatever was going on. She just thought her mother was probably bleeding through her pad again, and needed to run to the ladies room.

"B...Bye Luca. Nice seeing you again. Probably won't see you ever again, ha!" She said, though the last part was a stupid thing to say.

Luca chuckled and shook his head. "Not the wild one I was in highschool" he chuckled, in highschool he had been top of the class as well as captain of the baseball and track teams. He did a lot and was all over the place, but he always made time for Priscilla. Including prom and homecoming events as well.

When they went to leave Luca stood from his desk almost a little to quickly. He chuckled and cleared his throat. "Priscilla, can I speak to you for a moment?" he paused to clear his throat and clasp his hands behind his back. He spoke in a way as though he wanted to catch up for a moment, though he had a right to have his questions answered. He still loved her after all.​

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"我还活着"

Oh shit was the first thought that came to mind. Why did Luca want to speak with her. Wasn't it clear by her need to leave she didn't want to be here? Her hand tightened around Claudia's wrist, but the little girl sighed heavily. "Mom, stop being so nervous. I'll be outside, waiting. I can handle myself." She said, patting her moms hand before pulling away and walking outside.

A little voice inside Priscilla's head screamed for her daughter to come back. Though, she turned around, smiling awkwardly. "Oh, w...why? Wanna catch up more. I thought I made it clear 10 years ago we were better off apart. No need to mingle now..." She said, trying to push Luca away with some rude comment.

Luca couldn't help the tiny smile at the child's words. She was perfect, she was smart, and she had Priscilla's looks. Of she wasn't his he couldn't very well think of who else's she would be.

Luca sighed and turned his head a bit. "We both made it clear, Priscilla, we weren't ready for a long distance relationship" he sighed and looked her deep into her eyes. "I never stopped loving you...but you already know what I'm going to ask" he hummed and shook his head. "3 months until she turns ten...she's a lovely child...smart to" he hummed and chuckled slightly "very smart".​

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"我还活着"

Priscilla laughed, then stumbled over her own feet, placing her hands on the wall to keep her balance. "Yea...yea...she is ve...very smart." She said before scratching the back of her head. "She's my lovely daughter...her father never was in her life...kinda had a one night stand without protection..a...after you left. heh....decided to keep her.." Though she came up with a lie. It was out of character for Priscilla then and even now to ever have a one night stand. Even Luca knew she'd never do such a thing.

"You don't have to be nervous around me Priscilla, we dated for four years" he chuckled slightly. He listened to her and his heart sank for a moment, but just a moment. He cocked a brow slightly and bit his lower lip. "Doesn't seem like something you'd do" he hummed slightly. "Especially given that the breakup was mutual, no bad blood" he shook his head and turned his head to look out the classroom window, seeing Claudia sitting on the small bench across the hall.

"Don't try to pull the wool over my eyes Priscilla...please" he hummed almost sounding defeated. "Just tell me the truth, I know you didn't ask for this and I know you're stressed because of all the people in the world I'm probably the last person you want to see" he cut himself off and he sighed, the question floated in the air without him actually saying it. He was scared of the answer, if she wasn't his he didn't blame Priscilla, but if she was, he missed out on so much, and he had no idea.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"我还活着"

Though an adult, Priscilla felt like she was shrinking back into a kid. Fears running back to her, it was an odd feeling. She was usually confident, loud, easily able to confront people. But here she was, in front of the father of her child. Guilt ran through her veins. But it was time to confess...no hiding it anymore.

"Two weeks before we broke things off, and we were drinking. We made love, and you never pulled out. Though, you don't remember that...I do since I wasn't completely drunk. Then, I started getting symptoms of someone who is pregnant...but right as I was. We agreed to break up. You were going off to college, an Ivy league college...far...far away and I didn't want to ruin your future. I decided to keep it a secret, the child...and have since then thinking you would be better of building a life else where. I didn't want you back in my life anyways. I was pissed you didn't want to try a long-distance relationship. So, I thought keeping it a secret would be best to keep you away, and to keep you from ruining your whole future." She explained.

(Why am I crying at this. Oh my.)