9 Lives Gone in One Go

Andrew looked at Kastra as she walked toward him. What was she doing? She was right though, Andrew had nothing to blackmail her with. The only reason he came here is because he was unsure of what she was going to do? This was going the get out of hand. Then she mentioned the panther, could he have been dreaming? "I...I, that may be the case." Andrew pulled his hands from his pocket and folded his arms. "That doesn't matter, there is still something going on here. I promise you that the panther from last night was real, it left a note." Andrew then remembered the note that was left in front of his door, he completely spaced it. "I have proof." Andrew ran out of the room to his car.

Her eyes brightened and she stepped out of his way so that he could go get his 'proof'. She would not take that from him. What she would do was scare him to death. Well not death. Just not a little either. Stepping forward, she let her body shift just halfway, tail and ears out as she went to sit on her desk and wait, leaning forward so that a little cleavage was showing. She had no interest in seducing the young man. Well, maybe a darker part of her did, but mostly she wanted to make him think that he was losing it. With that goal in mind she sat there and examined her nails while she waited, flexing her powers so that she could do her plan perfectly. This would take some cunning to pull off without a doubt.

Andrew came to a stop as he saw what would most likely be written in a fairy tail book. He immediately stopped and looked at her as she sat on the desk. She gained features, unlike any others. It was like seeing a slutty girl during Halloween almost, but this obviously wasn't a costume. He turned toward her as she looked at him. He had this odd feeling, not of fear or that he was crazy, but instead that he had stumbled upon one of the most strange things in the world. "Was it you who came to my door last night?"

Kastra McLinin looked at him with a perplexed look on, cocking her head to the side as she considered him. "You said that a panther came to your door last night Mister Gregor," she said, seemingly unaware of her cat-like features. The tail waves behind her at him as black ears twitched and flicked for more sounds. "How could it have been me if you say that it was a panther that came to you?"

Andrew walked toward her and stood right in front of her. He eyed her new features unsure of what she was trying to pull, because today he wasn't hung over. Andrew stared into her eyes looking for some weakness but saw nothing. He looked around the room looking for an answer somewhere in his inner thoughts. Then he had finally got it. Andrew pulled a piece of lint from his pocket and hid it in his hand. "You've got something in your hair." Andrew slyly brushed his hand by her panther ear, making sure that he would be able to feel it. As he brushed past it he felt the black hairs touch his skin ever so slightly, but that was all he needed. He flicked the piece of lint onto the floor and looked at her putting his hand back into his pocket. "Maybe I should get some rest, good bye Kastra." Andrew walked out knowing that might now have a chance of winning.

She'd reacted just a second too late. As the hair in her ears touched his hand she made everything vanish, but she knew that he'd felt them. As he turned to leave, her curious gaze flashed angrily and she silently slid from her desk, walking after him to the door. So it would be a harder game hm? "You have less than a week Andrew, to get me a new copy of that essay if you want a decent grade. After that, no matter what you have you won't get another chance," she called after him before she shut the door and looked at the lint. There had been nothing in her hair, that she knew. Her ears would have picked it up immediately. She was meticulous with her hair when her feline parts showed. Glaring around the rooms he reopened the bottle she'd been sipping from and went to her desk where she began to grade the papers far harder than she had ever graded papers before.

What would he do next? She couldn't trust him to keep that mouth of his shut, and that frightened her.

Andrew was winning and he knew it. Kastra gave him the chance to do his paper and this time he wouldn't fail. This time he had a better chance than ever, yet he still had an odd feeling in his chest. The woman he once knew as a the teacher he really didn't like did something to him. He looked back as he walked to his car. As he stepped in he felt like something had changed him, but like Kastra it was a mystery. Maybe he needed a drink, but that obviously wasn't the case this time. Andrew soon arrived at his dorm and immediately began working on his paper. He knew that was this was the best piece of work he had ever done. Something sparked in him for some reason, like he was trying to... impress her.

The next morning Andrew printed out the five page paper he finished last night and set it on his coffee table. After watching some of the morning new he looked over at the paper, knowing it wasn't. Andrew had met all the requirements that Kastra had set for him but it was missing something, something of his own. He flipped to the back page and wrote a small note on the back.

I'm sorry about blackmailing you, how about I apologize by buying you dinner. ~ Andrew

It was odd, he had never done this before. He had girlfriends before he met Kastra but he never paid attention to them, only his artwork. She had sparked something in him, like nothing ever has. Andrew made a cup of coffee and headed out to his car around nine or ten. He drove to her classroom and parked his car, but he didn't get out. Anxiously he looked at the essay not sure how she would react to this offer. He felt like he was being rather cocky, but he was never usually this cocky. Andrew closed his eyes then took the papers into the classroom seeing if she was there.

Kastra had finished grading the papers the evening before but still had to record the grades and so she had pulled in early the next day and begun to work on them and was just leaving the class when Andrew arrived. She came to a stop and looked up at him. Had her feline parts been out her ears would have flattened in both fear and anger. What was he here for? Was he going to try and trick her more?

"Mister Gregor," she said before walking over to him and noticing the paper. Raising an eyebrow she looked up at him,"We agreed to give you an extra week to complete that. I won't take another copy after this. In fact if you want to wait I can grade it right now and give yo your graderight away."

Andrew looked at her, differently than he had before. "Yeah you can grade it now, I think this will be good enough." Andrew handed her the paper. He looked over her exhausted features and knew he shouldn't bother her. "I'll leave you too it then." Andrew walked to his car and drove to the bookstore, he had some new inspiration for his drawings. He headed to the local bookstore on campus and bought a thick roll of canvas size papers. The girl at the cashier was paid and Andrew drove home. Then he started to work on a picture of her, to him it seemed like something out of a movie, but inspiration is inspiration.

Kastra took the paper and watched as he left before she turned and went back to her desk. One last paper. One last lousy paper to make her way through. As she sat she started to read, taking out the red pen to start marking things. Only she didn't. Not on the first, second or third pages. It wasn't until the final page that she found anything to commit on and even then it was good. She sat there, eyes wide, taking a few minutes to grasp that she had received the best paper that she had ever had as a teacher of the course. Had he made this effort before in her class his grade would have been an A throughout the semester. After she'd written the comments she had on the paper she turned it over to put it on his classmate's papers before stopping.

Bringing the paper back she scanned the little note and froze. Her eyes widened, cheeks reddening, heart skipping a wild beat. She opened her mouth a few times to say something but in the end just sat there, staring at the note. It was wrong. Students and teachers were not supposed to date. But at the same time she wanted the game to continue. It had been so long since anyone had written such a good paper for her that she wanted to see more into the mind of the man that had written it.

Picking up her student records, she searched for Andrew Gregor information and then picked up her phone. Clearing her throat she dialed the number listed as his personal phone number and waited, unsure if she was waiting for him not to answer or to answer.

Andrew was hard at work, working on a beautiful picture of Kastra. He put an extensive amount of work into it. Kastra was Rose and Andrew was Jack on the Titanic as he drew of a picture of her, not while she was nude of course. He moved his pencil like a paintbrush, so fast and right on point. Soon he was going to do the finishing touches. From his art box her pulled many darker pencils and some of colored sorts, then he was stopped by a ringing. He looked around then noticed it was his phone. Andrew got up and picked it up. "Hello?"

Kastra almost started to cough as she inhaled as he picked up. Instead she cleared her throat with another cough and wildly sought something to say. "Mister Gregor-erm-Andrew. I've finished grading your paper, but instead of telling you over the phone, how about I take you up on your offer of a meal and tell you then?" she blurted out, hoping it didn't sound as rushed and worried as she felt about asking it, or accepting his invitation. "We can discuss how you can improve it and the rest of the your grade then as well." There was no way she was going to make the kid feel more cocky before such an event as a date--was it a date?

Andrew smiled as she began to talk. He knew his offer had been excepted. "Yes, I'll order something out. Just come over to my dorm, it's 233 on the right hand side of the dorm hall. See you then." Andrew hung up the phone and sprinted to his closet. Again his roommate hadn't come home, it had been like that for a week or so now? Was he dead? At that time it didn't matter, Andrew cleaned his whole apartment skipping over his kitchen which had his drawings in it. He ordered a pizza from Little Damicio's that was only ten minutes away from campus. In twenty minutes he put on some nice clothes and cleaned his apartment. Now all he had to do was wait.

Kastra really didn't need to be told where his room was but she didn't say anything and just wrote it down before nodding and hanging up her phone. Now to get the motivation up to go and actually do it. Looking down at herself she judged her clothes to be appropriate for the date--a sweater tied shut by a matching belt over a flowy shirt and a pair of dress jeans. She picked up the paper and stopped several time on her way to the door and headed back to her door, trying to decide if she really ought to go or not. Finally she got up and left almost fifteen minutes later. It took her ten minutes to drive over to the dorms and get herself let up to his level. She hesitated outside his door before finally knocking hesitantly. Something in her jerked at the loudness of it, startling her into wanting to fly away but she held her ground, paper held in her hand. She was nervous, far more nervous than she ought to be she felt. It was simple going over of a paper right?

He waited maybe a minute until she knocked at the door. Pizza would be arriving soon enough that they could take some time to talk. Andrew put his hand through his hair and opened the door. "Hey, welcome to uh... home." He smiled shyly letting her in and showing her the a place to sit on the couch. "So, you wanted to talk about the paper?"

Kastra walked to the couch, hair falling to cover her own shyness. Sitting slowly she looked up at him and then nodded, coughing a little give herself a go. "Well, perhaps you should look over it first before we discuss it. Then you can bring up your own questions first and I can then bring up my concerns," She said, holding the paper out to him so that his invitation was facing him, so that he wouldn't see the lack of red until he'd taken it and looked through it.

Andrew smirked a little ,telling that she was nervous, but he was nervous too. He looked upon her as he took the papers and sat down on the couch. "So, what questions do you have?" Andrew looked at her and wondered what she was thinking while he was thinking of some clever pick up lines for her. If that would work on her. He relaxed a little waiting for her answer. He folded his hands and then the small little light bulb turned on in his head.

Kastra looked at him and then away at the room they were in. She had seen it from a distance when she had been a panther but it seemed cleaner. "You seem like a rather passionate man when you wrote that Andrew. It was much better than any of your writing before. My question is why you haven't written that good of a paper before for my class," she asked, trying to keep the attention off herself. She couldn't stand it. That he was watching her so intently. It was almost like he could see the part of her that wasn't human and it worried her.

Andrew froze when she asked the question. He didn't think about this beforehand so he didn't have an answer. "I had some inspiration I guess", that wasn't the best he could come up with. "I've just been struggling this year I guess." Andrew laid back into the couch a little more to try to make himself a little more comfortable. "Maybe I just haven't put enough time into my papers, Miss McLinin." He looked at her only seeing the human side of her, and not her panther-like interior. "So, my question is why are you here now?"

Kastra shifted a little, looking at him at his own question. Why was she here now? She bit her bottom lip and considered him for several minutes before looking away and motioning to the paper. "You offered a free meal. What sane, minimum paid professor would give up such an amazing apology? We are a cut above unpaid college students really. Free food is a great incentive to forgive someone. My turn. Why did you invite me?"