Ajani - Seeker of Martial Lore

• Ajani (''Cat''; ''Tigress'' ; ''Stripes'' clearly the ones who made these nicknames up were not particularly creative)
  • 29 Autumns
  • Female
  • Undecided, up to the other characters to sway her one way or another.
  • Calva, Tiger subrace

• Ajani is perhaps the epitome of a tiger-Calva, she is tall, muscular, and agile all at once. Her skin, and the faint sheet of fur that covers her from head to toe in the familiar patterns is stretched taut by powerful, corded, practically wiry muscles that the tigress was seemingly proud of and happy to put on display, usually wearing sleeveless tops that showed off her abs and arms. They clearly weren't just for show, however, as she clearly seemed to be as strong, perhaps stronger, than most men her size.

Her features are exotic, to most of the races of the world, so calling her attractive (if one fancies strong, athletic women) is far-easier than calling her beautiful. Regardless, like most cats, she has slender, sharp features, a small nose and large round eyes. Incidentally, these same features are often depicted as the ones held by classical beauties. One would be hard-pressed to disregard she sharpness of her teeth, or the bestial yellow color of her eyes, or even the coat of fur.

One may notice, however, that neither her hands, nor her feet have claws - though they seem to have had, at one time. The nests where the claws would retract into and protrude from, are empty, and somehow, they've been prevented from regrowing. Aside from that, they seem humanoid in shape and structure, with five digits on each. The most striking feature of hers, however, is the tell-tale mark of the branding that all Calva exiles bear.
  • Dagthor

• Ahn'ahvad - The ''Water'' Style:
    A martial form that holds its origins from the race of Edhil, adopted by the peope of Vonga and adapted to their needs and preferences. It is a style of combat for both unarmed combat, as well as weapon-use. The style requires both strength and dexterity from its practitioners - much like the waters it is named for, the warrior must be both powerful, and fluid, to get the upper hand on their opponent. Masters of this style excel in single combat, turning their opponents attacks against them and bringing them down with precise, powerful and quick attacks. Longswords are the preferred weapon, as they require both strength and skill to use, either one-handed or two-handed.

Kou'ahvad - The ''Air'' Style:
    The air style is a martial style that has age-old traditions within Vonga, and is taught to some degree to most Calva, as it is generally looked upon as a style suited to self-defense. Masters of the style however, are elusive combatants, often capable of holding their own soundly, even when vastly outnumbered and facing numerous simultaneous attacks, eventually weaving through their opponents and thinning their numbers. The ideal is, after all, that air is elusive, and formless, but can also be destructive and fearsome.

Athleticism: Ajani is both exceptionally strong and fast - her racial features lend themselves well to make her naturally athletic, but she has seemingly taken time to hone her body through exercise as well. She can do the heavy-lifting, and is likely stronger than most men or women.

Acrobatics:
    Catlike agility and reflexes run in her blood - walls can be climbed, chasms leaped over, and heights are not as deadly as they would be to the unprepared. In battle, an enemy is no more different an obstacle, and can be overcome with similar grace.

Self-Mastery:
    Ajani makes the conscious choice not to use Berserker magic - preferring instead to reach a greater control over her own body, and a less reckless form of martial magic, one that relies on skill, focus, and control, more so than channeling anger.

Intimidating Presence:
    Tiger-Calva are among the most physically adept of the Calva races - their prowess makes them fearsome warriors which is the kind of reputation they are all-too-happy to encourage. They are perhaps best known for their fearsome roar, as it mirrors the beasts they are akin to - it is a chilling sound for the unprepared.

Sharp Senses:
    Eyesight, smell and hearing are important for predatory beasts - Calva often benefit from sharper senses akin to their animalistic types, and Ajani is no different. She can sense changes in lighting, movement, smell and sound that a fatanen might miss entirely.

• Studded Leather Armor - Treated with special substances and studded with steel to make a sturdy, yet flexible suit of armor. It isn't platemail, but it will turn aside most blunt weapons, and even protect from bladed and piercing attacks soundly, if the attack is not taken head-on. It consists of:

- Studded Leather Vest - covering the shoulders, upper arms, torso, and upper thighs.
    - Studded Leather Gauntlets - reaching up to the elbows.
    - Briches. - Simple pants, loose and allowing freedom of movement - tucked into boots.
    - Leather Boots - Tough boots, better suited to harsh terrain than stopping weapons.

Steel Longsword - This sturdy , versatile weapon has seen much use, Ajani is not the first to wield it. Typically sheathed across her back.

Quarterstaff - a walking stick, or a non-lethal weapon, this straight oaken shaft is often also secured to Ajani's back.

Throwing Knives x6 - Small, balanced iron knives, tucked into a bandolider for easy reach.
  • Ajani is the vision of a mercenary - she strives to be self-sufficient, and most of what she does, is for her own interest, pleasure, or needs. However, that is not to say that she dislikes other people, or actively works against them, on the contrary - she is also quite happy to share her time with others, and enjoys the presence of others who mean well, and freely interacts, rather than brood and keep to herself.

While her life is one of violence traded for coin, she is neither heartless, nor numb to the horrors of war. She will strike down an armed and skilled foe without hesitation, but the crippled, weak, old and young always find mercy from her, as she finds it a stain upon her character to abuse those who cannot fend for themselves. In times of peace, she finds solace in the beauty of nature, and merriment with friends and allies.

Though she sells her skills for money, it is out of necessity, as her true goal is to achieve mastery of the art of combat, she finds purpose, beauty and wisdom in mastery over weapons, technique and her own body. She feels no particular pull toward either side in the raging conflict that shakes the land, in her mind, god-like power should never serve mortal ambition.
  • Ajani was born to a tribe of Calva with predominantly predatory heritage, who often strayed, and preyed upon the tribes who resembled non-predatory animals. Her people reveled in their bestial nature and sought to bring themselves closer to the animals they resembled. Most other Calva avoided them, and those who could defend themselves did not tolerate their presence within their territory.The chieftain of her tribe, her father, had ambitions of expanding his tribe, annihilating or assimilating smaller ones and eventually gaining dominance over the others. Ajani, though young, did not share his ambitions, but dared not incur his wrath by speaking out against such notions. Thus she spent her childhood, until her mid-teens, watching countless cruelties and depravities be visited upon the defenseless and valorous alike - deeds that she herself had done, albeit reluctantly.

The other peoples of Vonga, however, would not tolerate the predatory tribe's actions for long, and one night, whilst most of the warriors slept, the tribe's camp was ambushed. Caught off-guard, by a predator they themselves had not expected, they were overpowered, with many slain, and many other left to flee. Ajani, along with several slaves, and cubs who were left behind, surrendered to the raiders. The elders of the tribes then gathered, both prisoners and liberated slaves. Many of her tribesmen were executed. The slaves either rejoined their tribes, or were taken in by generous families, if their own tribes were gone. Ajani shared that fate, she'd lost herself amongst the slaves, and many believed her to be another unfortunate soul. Her father, however, had escaped the fate of his warriors.

So began a seemingly mundane life - she served her part among her new tribe, hunting for them, and protecting them as she could, all while the shadow of her past lingered in her mind. And while she felt at ease, immersing herself in the study of combat - she feared what she would find herself using the skills she practiced for. Over time, she carried the weight with more ease, and she considered fully turning her back on the past - taking a mate, enjoying a relatively peaceful life, away from the struggles of the fatanen and the other races.

Years would roll by, and six years since the dissolution of her tribe, the people of Vonga would gather for the Pashenda. Tribes mingled, celebrated, and she found many of those who had been liberated years ago, had started families of their own. The festivities came to as sudden halt, when a battered and seemingly ancient tiger-Calva stood amidst the tents, screaming injustice for his tribe, pointing fingers accusingly at the elders of other tribes. Some were shocked, others taken aback, third rose to remove the old man, but Ajani approached him. He turned to her, frantically grasping her shoulders - the spark of recognition lighting up in his glassy eyes. In so little time, he'd aged so much, become a broken shell of a man. But the Calva, was her father.

Time stood still for a moment, as they gazed into each other's eyes, his were misty, unclear and frantic, reflecting a shattered mind - hers, the vision of calm, yet there was a hardness in them. He parted his lips to name her, to call her his daughter, and embrace her. Some onlookers were baffled, but others quickly remembered, who the man was, and now knew who Ajani was, in turn. She looked down at the broken mind. In an instant, her claws came free, and she drove them into her father's throat. Even as he slid down her frame, life leaving his body, his eyes still held a mad hatred for the world around him. Even knowing that she'd sealed her fate, Ajani felt at ease - the greatest demon from her past, was gone.

Naturally, Ajani suffered for this choice. She submitted herself to the punishment of the elders - her claws were removed, and their nests seared to prevent them from healing and growing back and she was given the brand. Even the life of a monster, was sacred within the Pashenda, and she would face exile for it. For nine years, she has wandered the face of the world, selling her skill at arms, be it for protection, conquest, or the entertainment of a bloodthirsty crowd. She finds herself now, at the turning point of the fate of all races.

• - Enjoys tummy-rubs.
    - Likes bathing and water unlike most cats.
    - Bench-presses a lot.
    - Lazer-pointers are her greatest weakness.

Everyone, I couldn't put a copy/paste version of the Tabbed character sheet into the main post. Every time I tried, it completely screwed up the coding of the entire post that came after it. I tried using a codebox, plain text, and a quotebox, and none of them worked. I'm really sorry. I'll just refer to @Torack's post whenever someone asks how to do it.

@Torack, first, thanks for showing everyone how to code the tabs. With the implemented changes, Eovaine is accepted and can now be found in the accepted character list. I do have a question though it doesn't matter in the scheme of character sheets. How to you pronounce your character's name? In my head, I've been reading it as yoh-VAYN, but that probably isn't right, so I was wondering the right way according to your preferences. I like reading things with their proper pronunciations. You can't even imagine what a relief it was to me when I realized Hermione's (from Harry Potter) name was pronounced her-MY-oh-nee instead of HER-mee-own, as I'd been reading it for the years before the movies began. XD

It actually took me time to get used to the race name rules, too, and I'm the one that put them together. hahah No worries if there are errors here and there. I just wanted to try to get us all on the same page. My explaining how it works helps me, too.

@Firewombat, I stuck Ajani in the pending characters until you get her sheet posted. Sorry I don't have a way to put a copy/paste version of the tabbed CS into the main post. Just know it's not necessary. I just liked how it looked, so if others want to do it, that's cool. If they don't, that's also cool.

@Rainjay, I'm glad you like the idea of the RP. Look forward to finding out if you'll want to join us.

Okedoke. I've read through everything and will be working on a CS as soon/often as I can (I've got some last bits of schoolwork before break). I'm planning on a Uialie (Unseelie), probably mixed with an Edhil/Calva for resistance (Cemgollor-Nestad or a Cemgollor-Sairuvar), and maybe a second melee based character if I have time to balance out all the Uialie characters.

Two things you'll need to know... First, if you have a Uialie mixed with another race, they cannot reproduce. Second, you cannot have a Sairuvar mixed with another class. If you choose Sairuvar, your character can only be a Sairuvar. All other classes can be accompanied by another one.

Two things you'll need to know... First, if you have a Uialie mixed with another race, they cannot reproduce. Second, you cannot have a Sairuvar mixed with another class. If you choose Sairuvar, your character can only be a Sairuvar. All other classes can be accompanied by another one.
Ah. Kay, thanks for the note on the Sairuvar ^^ Sorry about that. And I've got no intentions for the character to have little kiddos, so no worries on that. I'd go with a straight Uialie, but they're supposed to be rare and all, and with the two other existing Uialien characters, I felt it would be overkill.

Actually, I don't think it would be overkill at all. Technically, there are too few Uialien to ever repopulate an undiluted race, but there is a somewhat decent amount of refugee Uialien who have been recovered from Eriston (or who somehow managed to find their own way somehow) and now live in Inen. I always imagined that because of their inability to reproduce, halfling-Uialien are way rarer than full-blooded Uialien, even after the genocide. The reason for this is that the number one instinct of living creatures as a whole is to reproduce, to pass on their genetic line. Can't really do that if the baby you produce can't continue to pass on their genes, and it's pretty much 50/50 on whether or not a baby will come of such a union anyway. I imagined it being sort of like a lion and tiger producing a liger or a horse and a donkey having a mule. It's super rare, and the offspring really are kind of useless.

I mean, the Edhil are working on a way to change that, but due to my age restrictions, none of those Uialien-halflings who have successfully been bred (for lack of a better word) with the ability to reproduce would be old enough to join the quest.

I'm fine with your creating another halfling if you want. I just don't want you to feel that you have to do it if you would rather have a full-blooded Uialie.

Reactions: Rainjay
Alright. I'll think about it while I cook up the CS. Thanks, though ^^

Yea no problem at all! As for the name, it's pronounced EE-yo-vein, you were hella close tho!

I had so much trouble with Hermione's name when I was reading the books that I would just refer to her as Herm. When the movies came out, I adopted their pronunciation, it seemed easy, innit.

When I was a kid, I was talking to my step mom at one point about the books and I called her "Herm-ee-own" and she got so mad at me xD

spirit_hunt_by_telthona-d6rh15q.jpg

I do not own this image. All credit goes to Sandra Duchiewicz
I also apologize for the intense size of the image.

BASICS

• Shialaevar Chiandil
      (pronounced "Sh-AHL-ev-are Chi-an-dille")

• Nicknamed Shale
      (pronounced just like the rock)

• Gender fluid

• Considers self mostly female; can shift easily from a stereotypical male to female, but prefers feminine role and appearance most of the time

• Sex is female

• Pronoun "she" acceptable for friends and formalities. Otherwise accepts "they/them" (will be referred to as "she" on this sheet)

• Unseelie Uialie

• "Married"/partnered (presumed widowed)

• Currently residing in Inen

• Height : 6'2"
    • Body type : A bit stocky but well curved, well muscled
    • Skin tone : A pale blue tone. Deepens in color in the dark- only a visual trick
    • Hair color : Arguably black, but is a deep, midnight blue. Often shines with a lighter blue, particularly when damp
    • Eye color : Strange eyes. Usually are a deep golden hue surrounding the pupil, but when using magic, her eyes change to be entirely red in hue.
    • Notable features : As seen above, she has unusual pointed ears like an Edhel, and her eyebrows trail off back into her hair. She also has several vine-like structures reaching across her face like stripes, and several more across her arms and legs (those not seen in the image). Tattoos.

Shialaevar resembles an Edhel in many ways, with her unusual, yet still humanoid, body type. Her skin is a light blue hue in color, her palms being slightly paler in color by comparison, mostly unblemished apart from an array of scars that will be further addressed later. She is rather tall, standing at about six foot with broad shoulders and a strong back, and has long, thick hair of a deep blue color, quite often mistaken for black in certain lights. Her hair is usually kept loose and allowed to curl and wave as it does, although when dressing under a more masculine or nonbinary gender, she will tie it up into a bun or back into a simple, but much more manageable, ponytail. Despite the thick quality of her hair, and the length, if someone were to take a single strand between their fingers, they would notice it has a whisker like quality. She can, in fact, feel through her hair, though the hair eventually grows soft and more Fatanen-hair like as the nerve endings die and they no longer feel. Her body is toned from centuries of hard work, but curved with a healthy weight, not at all delicate or thin boned.

Her eyes are also similar to a Edhel's, usually a gold in color that have a slight glow to them. As noted above, when using magics, her eyes turn entirely red. She has the same pointed ears, going about an inch or an inch and a half longer than the Fatanen, tapering off into the classic point. Over her eyes, her eyebrows lengthen into what appear to resemble thick whiskers, sometimes smoothing back into the rest of her hair. Similar structures go past her ears and over her cheekbones and the sides of her face, although don't quite touch. These are just normal, bodily features and found in a more vine/snake like form over her arms and legs, where they twist around her upper arms and lower legs. Some also wrap around her torso and bodice, clinging to her skin, and trail down to her hands and palms. Her nails are long and a bit sharp, about an inch in length.

In regards to her other facial features, her eyes are shaped wide, her lips full, and her nose long and narrow. Her teeth are pointed, although are not razor sharp with the exception of her canines, which are slightly sharper than the rest, probably for the intent of eating.

In reference to the various scars held across her body; most wounds have healed to perfection, although one jagged scar runs from her right elbow to her wrist, and a thin pink line is drawn from her left shoulder down the crease of her back. She has a small scar over her right eye, and another across her left thigh to the knee. Most of these scars, apart from the one on her arm, are unnoticeable, subtle. Many of the scars have decorative tattoo work over them (not shown in image), although the "tattoos" are actual markings from birth. They sleeve over both arms in black, fading out across her shoulders. The markings are meaningless swirl-like designs although they glow slightly like fluorescence in the dark.

She always dresses with a gray ribbon tied around her left wrist.

PROWESS

• Dagthor (focuses dual-wielding)​

• Nestad (has no skill with potions, crafting)​

• Can cook, but only well enough to make something edible to sustain herself. Definitely is not a chef
    • Is rather clunky with a broadsword. She knows how to fight with one, but is rather unskilled with it and would be much more apt to fight hand to hand instead
    • Essentially, if she does not have a weapon or defensive item in both hand, she feels exposed
    • Cannot bring herself to fight against others of her own kind (be them hybrid or not)
    • Cannot bring herself to damage or harm nature in any way
    • Is extremely claustrophobic
    • While she can be charismatic, she is not exactly sociable. She will not be making awe inspiring speeches anytime soon
    • Can understand battle strategy, and very well may learn, but typically does not create these plans herself
    • Sometimes impulsive

THE PERSON

• Edhil Resistance​

• Help with pronunciation available upon request

• Raenion | Female | 10,592 | Deceased | Uialie, Unseelie | Mother​
    • Calimacar | Male | 10,673 | Unknown | Uialie, Unseelie | Father​
    • Nairë Chiandil | Female | 4202 | Unknown, presumed deceased | Uialie, Unseelie | Close friend, partner​
    • Kyrien Osirii | Male | 6996 | Deceased | Edhel | Friend​
    • Aramoina Chiandil | Female | 2639 | Deceased | Uialie, Unseelie | Daughter​
    • Tanya Osirii | Female | 2565 | Alive | 3/4 Edhel, 1/4 Calva | Friend, daughter of Kyrien
    • Nalaeryn | Female | 5,229 | Deceased | Uialie, Unseelie | Half sister
    • Rhenalyrr | Male | 4182 | Deceased | Uialie, Unseelie | Half brother
    • Rotherynmor | Female | 67,056 | Dissipated | Uialie | "adoptive" grandmother
    • Thrydlden Rutt | Agender | 4987 | Alive | Uialie | "adoptive" sibling

• Shale is able to speak and communicate in many languages due to her travels and her age, however many she only holds an average (think: American kid who has taken Spanish for six years and has a B average. Communication, but often ineffective or incredibly simplistic) understanding in. There are also several languages she knows well, and can write, read, and understand, but cannot pronounce due to the way the sounds are formed.
    • Fluent Uialien​
    • Fluent to near fluent in the Edhil languages​
    • Can understand most of Fatanen Common language, has issues speaking it (cannot easily pronounce the words and sounds) and only communicates on a childhood level (does not know many big, fantastical words)​
    • Several Calva languages (and can recognize some on a basic communications basis; i.e enough to get around. Has issues with pronunciation with most)​
    • Nogyth language (intermediate understanding, can barely speak it at all. Learnt it for trade purposes)​

• Can feed from life-essence/energy without physically consuming life
    • Prefers to eat 'mortal' foods due to her travels and trade
    • Has a wide taste for different foods
    • Will not eat fruit or eggs of any type/kind, or young animals

Last edited:
Reactions: 71372
One last question (for now): I can't decide between a Nestad-Dagthor or a Sairuvar. I feel the Uialie would be best with magics, but due to the lack of melee fighters (and personal daydreams) I also think a Dagthor would be desirable. My main issue is I originally intended for her to use magic (as a Sairuvar, illusionry) to give herself a human appearance when desired. Not possible with the Nestad-Dagthor, unless someone else is casting that magic for her. Would that be possible? Opinions?

If it helps your decision any - Ajani, my character, is a pure Dagthor and her kung-fu is strong.

Reactions: Rainjay
If it helps your decision any - Ajani, my character, is a pure Dagthor and her kung-fu is strong.
Shale will probably join in the kung-fu, provided an illusionist can help with her appearance thing xD

Melee fighters, and a good healer(since I think there's currently only Hue with some knowledge of potions) would be a pretty good addition to the group. So, you won't go wrong there. And, in my opinion, it kinda diminishes the point of having a physically different character if you're then going to make them look 'normal' to the rest of the party. Not that it can't make for amusing moments or a good character, just... If that's the only reason you were leaning towards them having illusions, it could probably be accomplished with the use of an imbued item. Maybe not as well as if they were doing the magic for themselves, but well enough for them to pass as a Fatan. And then you'd still be able to have the Dagthor/Nestad classes.

If you're waffling because you like both options equally well, Truffle would not mind at all having another Sairuvar companion, or someone who knows how to protect their group members or make sure they stay healthy. (that was a totally helpful decision maker, wasn't it? :P) ;) Unfortunately, illusions aren't their specialty, so they can't help there. And that'd be a big drain on anyone casting the illusion, I'd think. Not sure though...

Last edited:
Melee fighters, and a good healer(since I think there's currently only Hue with some knowledge of potions) would be a pretty good addition to the group. So, you won't go wrong there. And, in my opinion, it kinda diminishes the point of having a physically different character if you're then going to make them look 'normal' to the rest of the party. Not that it can't make for amusing moments or a good character, just... If that's the only reason you were leaning towards them having illusions, it could probably be accomplished with the use of an imbued item. Maybe not as well as if they were doing the magic for themselves, but well enough for them to pass as a Fatan. And then you'd still be able to have the Dagthor/Nestad classes.

If you're waffling because you like both options equally well, Truffle would not mind at all having another Sairuvar companion, or someone who knows how to protect their group members or make sure they stay healthy. (that was a totally helpful decision maker, wasn't it? :P) ;) Unfortunately, illusions aren't their specialty, so they can't help there. And that'd be a big drain on anyone casting the illusion, I'd think. Not sure though....
I think this post convinced me right here, so thank you for that.

The intention wasn't to have her appear human all the time; part of it was for her to be able to, at least in times of need, pass as Fatan, but the other part of it was gender fluidity, and the simple fact that she feels uncomfortably being a Uialie after the genocide. Uncomfortable in her own skin, perhaps.

Although you are right; keeping an illusion up like that by themselves, or anyone else casting it, would probably be too big of a drain to bother with, even if to pass as Fatan. And if she really did have an impossible need to appear different, she's had centuries to find something that could help (imbued item, etc.).

So I'll stick her with melee and healing ^.^ Thanks bunches! (<-- I'm an indecisive dolt with amazingly fantasy roleplays like this)

Fancy any relation between her and Thrydlden, per chance?

Haha, indecisiveness is a thing I am dearly acquainted with. I totally understand, and now that you've explained the reasons, they do indeed make a great deal of sense as part of her character. I was thinking limitedly, ha. Ah well, at least my thoughts still applied, sort of(totally missed the 'sometimes' aspect of it). Glad to have helped. :)

I'd love some sort of relation between her and Truffle! (<--OOC nickname because Thrydlden is hard to spell, also, Truffle...) As a member of the Seelie side of things, I'm not sure if they would have been somewhat separated by distances. But they were hardly inamicable Courts, so interaction is probably a good thing. :P They're roughly similar ages, not really in the same learning circles, but if you don't have any plans already for who might have helped Shale with the Nestad part of her learning, Truffle's mother would be a good candidate. She might have enjoyed the image of a tree, but she was pretty knowledgeable about quite a lot of magic that would be similar to a Nestad's. (she just needs a name... >.>)

Haha, indecisiveness is a thing I am dearly acquainted with. I totally understand, and now that you've explained the reasons, they do indeed make a great deal of sense as part of her character. I was thinking limitedly, ha. Ah well, at least my thoughts still applied, sort of(totally missed the 'sometimes' aspect of it). Glad to have helped. :)

I'd love some sort of relation between her and Truffle! (<--OOC nickname because Thrydlden is hard to spell, also, Truffle...) As a member of the Seelie side of things, I'm not sure if they would have been somewhat separated by distances. But they were hardly inamicable Courts, so interaction is probably a good thing. :P They're roughly similar ages, not really in the same learning circles, but if you don't have any plans already for who might have helped Shale with the Nestad part of her learning, Truffle's mother would be a good candidate. She might have enjoyed the image of a tree, but she was pretty knowledgeable about quite a lot of magic that would be similar to a Nestad's. (she just needs a name... >.>)
I'm sure that despite court differences they could have met up. They did work together, so I'm assuming they're friendly. And, didn't have any prior ideas for her training, so I think it's a great idea ^^

That's my assumption as well. :) So, that'll happily be a thing then. If you like, I can add some bits into Truffle's history about Shale? Also, I'll get on thinking up a name for their mother, for you. heh

Edit: Added a bunch of names to Truffle's relationship section, their mother's amongst them.

Last edited:
@Firewombat, Ajani has been accepted! Even though her alliance is listed as neutral, I stuck her under the Edhil Resistance characters because that's the party she'll begin with in much the same way that Hue is technically loyal to the Fatanen Rule but will begin with the Edhil Resistance Party.

@Rainjay, Shale has been placed into the Pending Characters section until your sheet is completed and accepted. I'm going to reserve most judgement until you're done, but I do want to say two things right now before all is said and done. The first is that the singular version of Edhil is Edhel, so it would be "an Edhel" and "some Edhil" if that makes sense. Second, I want to note that I really like how fitting your character's name is. I never said this on Iwaku, but I always imagined the Uialien language to have a sort of sing-song nature to it with lots of vowels and such, and I think that both you and Nemaisare hit that mark beautifully in interestingly different ways that I feel really capture the diversity of the Uialien culture in general. Nieri was more or less named after her Edhel heritage, so she isn't quite as good a representative of the language as Shale and Truffle are.

As far as collaborating on backstory, the courts were more or less just divided by when they're magic was strongest/weakest. When the Seelie are weak during the new moons, the Unseelie served as the protectors of Aliudea, and when the Unseelie were weak during the full moons, the Seelie were the protectors. During the rest of the time, they pretty much were just cooperating with each other, and it wouldn't have been rare to have intermingling except during the week of the full moon and the week of the new moon. (Side note: the moon's phases don't last a full week. I just mean the three days before, the day of, and the three days after each occurrence.)

@Nemaisare, oooh! I like the names you came up with. Is Aeda going to be Trivia's character, or is that just some random person you invented?

Oh jeez, I'm bad. I actually had to go look up which one Aeda was... >.> Which probably answers that question, lol. I believe Triv's character is going to be called Ama, but she's not sure yet. I just stuck sounds together and then gave them to different people in Truffle's life and am waiting to hear more from Triv about her girly, whom I shall henceforth call trollface :P, before I add her.

Also, are all Uialien either Seelie or Unseelie, or do some have magic that isn't affected by the moon's phases? And if they are all Seelie or Unseelie, that still doesn't necessarily mean they belong to either Court, right? It's just in reference to magic unless they are actually part of the Court?

Last edited: