7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)

Blind Hemingway

Ancient Iwaku Scum from 2006.
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
NEVER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Surrealism, Surreal Horror (Think Tim Burton), Steampunk, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Spaghetti Westerns, Mercenaries, Dieselpunk, Cyberpunk, Historical fantasies
I LOVE THIS!

This actually made me feel SO much better and safer with the idea of a Zombie Apocalypse. >>;; That was one of my greatest fears, but this helps a lot. >:D

Glad you are sharing the knowledge Rory. :]] Though I suppose this helps us out as now they "think" they're safe.

About the "zombies would be eaten in days" reason: Wouldn't eating infected meat just mean whatever's causing the zombie outbreak gets transferred to the animal? ._. The article doesn't stipulate that the virus only effects humans. And even if the animal is somehow immune to the virus, what if they somehow become carriers? ._. Hell, what would happen if fleas end up being carriers for the zombie virus? What if mosquitos become carriers?

Also, I don't think this article takes into account fast zombies.

Fast zombies make no damn sense to me.

The rotting ligaments of muscles to me mean that the second they bolt after you (After a certain time period of course) their legs should break apart or something as a result of trying to make dead muscle work like living muscle. But maybe that's just me. Totally doesn't stem from my hatred of Left 4 Dead or anything either. Honest.

Stubbs the Zombie forever!!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7phbz8BrzrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fast zombies make no damn sense to me.

The rotting ligaments of muscles to me mean that the second they bolt after you (After a certain time period of course) their legs should break apart or something as a result of trying to make dead muscle work like living muscle. But maybe that's just me. Totally doesn't stem from my hatred of Left 4 Dead or anything either. Honest.

Yeah that's one thing I never got with the dead muscles either. Muscles need ATP to work correctly and if they don't get it they can't move. End of story. And don't you tell me that the virus makes it, because it has to get energy from somewhere.

SEND IN THE SCAVENGERS. GO TURKEY VULTURES.

BTW, I don't think that exploding or mummification would stop zombies. Or freezing. They are obviously heinously animated through some kind of terrible voodoo magic and thus have no need for your scientific ATPs or ligaments. Zombies run without ligaments ALL THE TIME.

NOWHERE IS SAFE, DIANA.

Then all you have to do is kill the magic user.

Does that mean I have to give all the heavy artillery I stoleborrowed from all of our military nerds around here back? Fuck. I'm keeping the rifle I outfitted with a really big sword. Hard to shoot and swing, but well worth the workout.

They could simply be mad. Quarantine, I think is the movie where they are rabid and not really dead. Make it easier to kill them, too.