50 Things we must do to live life to the fullest! - What is on YOUR list?

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Saku had this cool article posted on her facebook feed, and I decided to share it here! 8D It's about a big poll where people were asked what achievements do you think every person should make to have "lived life to the fullest".

The list is amusing, and it's obviously not designed for EVERY person, cause everyone needs something different out of life.

So what do YOU need in your life to feel like you've lived to the fullest? Are you working on meeting those goals now?

Have you done any of the things on that checklist?

• Love
Reactions: Sakura
I have done several things on that list, which amuses me quite a bit! Some of those, I think, were just wishful thinking (I'd sure like two holidays a year, but work tends to not agree and trying all types of food? Types? What?) but a lot of them are nice things to take to heart.

I've learned a new language, and I'm usually in the process of trying to learn more.
I've learned to play many different instruments before and could probably still pick them all up and play a little tune.
I have a pet. She is a pain, but very soft.
I can drive. This is important, I think, for general life for many people.
I just recently got a little promotion at my bill-paying job, so there's that.
All night drinking.... check.
I spend too much time with children that aren't mine. >:[

And... meeting strangers? Sounds hard to not accomplish? So that too.

These are things I've done for certain without me trying to decide in grey areas and not having children and all that.
I believe that I'm working every day to make my life the happiest it can be and every time I accomplish something, it makes me feel good that I am doing my best. I plan to travel and see different countries, this is something I'd like to do very much. I've volunteered my time before, as a teenager, but I'd eventually like to participate in a program like "Médecins Sans Frontières". And I eventually do hope that the goals like "be married for twenty years" end up on my list of things I've done, but I would like to add that I fervently hope for 'happily married twenty years', not just having parred the course.

I'd like to not worry about money, but that won't happen until I get a career going. And also about a career... This is something that has been on my mind, and will always be on my mind. I cannot stand working at a job that I am not passionate about. I see it as a slow moving poison for my mind. So yes, definitely for me to have a fulfilling life I'd like for it to be a job that I love.

Some of the things done in the checklist would be enjoying the little comforts in life, being true to myself, and performing on stage. That's a few of the things but there are probably more.

This is a great list, but I disagree with the title. I think it should be more like "50 tips to living life to the fullest." For me, living life to the fullest would be "Be happy, and help others find happiness," and the list is just a bunch of different ways to achieve happy.

A couple things I would add to the list (or rather, a couple ways I would personalize the list):
- build a robot [take up a challenge]
- try more dances / martial arts [experience different cultures]

Fears limit experiences... therefore I think, we should break those limitations to experience 'life at its fullest'

So what do YOU need in your life to feel like you've lived to the fullest? Big Family, good friends, love, the highest i can go in a career knowing ive dont my best.

Are you working on meeting those goals now? Sorta

Have you done any of the things on that checklist? (Some of these im just too young for D: )
2. Stop worrying about what other people think
4. Enjoy little comforts in life
5. Experience different cultures
12. Try all types of food(Damn you Baby Octopus in spicy sauce!)
15. Go outside more
18. Help a member of your family out when they really need it
23. Volunteer for a good cause
26. Blow a load of money in one shopping trip, just because you can(i regretted it abit though!)
32. Have a pet (puppies and fishies!)
34. Travel alone (From home to the Boardwalk!)
36. Meet strangers
39. Pass your driving test
41. Rescue someone so that you're a hero for a little while
42. Date someone exciting but completely wrong for you
48. Plan a surprise party
50. Spend time with children even if they aren't yours

Some of these, though I like, I don't think are REQUIRED. Like "Go outside more." To be honest some people are perfectly happy in their home doing whatever comes to them. I mean I got over to my friends house we stay inside mostly and GOD do we have a blast!

However i see what the concept behind it is, and I appreciate it.

I loved that article! The baby was super adorbs<3

Here's my list!

2. Stop worrying about what other people think
5. Experience different cultures
6. Work to live rather than live to work
8. Be true to yourself
9. Concentrate on what you have instead of what you don't have
13. Find true love
14. Travel to at least 25 different foreign countries
24. Take up a challenge
30. Start a family
37. Move away from home to an unfamiliar place