50 Killed in shooting at a Florida Night Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out about this. It's sad. And I don't even know how to respond. My thoughts are wish the families, too

My husband and I have been watching the news since we found out it happened. I'm so depressed.

Apparently my cousin was there. She's fine.

It's impossible not to feel numb after hearing about these shootings.

ISIS-led or inspired, and the target was a gay bar.

Warning: Cold, blunt opinion ahead.

I wonder how many more people will have to get hit with these Islamic Mass Murders before we'll do something about it aside from offer empty platitudes. "I feel sorry for you" won't stop another one of these from happening.

I feel sorry for these people. Not just because they're victims of a mass shooting, not just because their families will have to deal with this painful, devastating loss, not just because it's going to happen again and again, but because society is going to turn a blind eye to them soon enough. We need to do something. We need to get together and bloody our hands ourselves and do something. A force has declared war on the West and we'll stand by and do nothing because we'd feel too guilty bloodying our hands to stop the LGBT from being shoved off rooftops and women from being raped and children from being massacred.

I feel sickened by this, because it's just going to keep happening, and we're going to keep doing nothing about it... Mainly because they're mass murdering people who aren't rich.

"Guns kill people" said the teary-eyed Obama. I wonder if the same people who protest guns in their entirety will protest this. Hm... I'm willing to bet they won't.

And so on it goes, with people crying over the loss of life and yet perplexingly not only doing nothing to stop it from happening again, but likely protesting any attempt to stop it from happening again. What strange times in which we live.

/Warning.

I feel for these people. I hope their families recover from the loss, and the community comes back stronger than it ever was before. I hope that their deaths will not be in vain.

There was another attempt however police stopped him. He was armed with assault rifles headed to the L.A. pride parade.

Reactions: Brovo
Truly saddening and depressing v.v My condolences to all the families of the victims.

I wonder how many more people will have to get hit with these Islamic Mass Murders before we'll do something about it aside from offer empty platitudes. "I feel sorry for you" won't stop another one of these from happening.

I feel sorry for these people. Not just because they're victims of a mass shooting, not just because their families will have to deal with this painful, devastating loss, not just because it's going to happen again and again, but because society is going to turn a blind eye to them soon enough. We need to do something. We need to get together and bloody our hands ourselves and do something. A force has declared war on the West and we'll stand by and do nothing because we'd feel too guilty bloodying our hands to stop the LGBT from being shoved off rooftops and women from being raped and children from being massacred.

I feel sickened by this, because it's just going to keep happening, and we're going to keep doing nothing about it... Mainly because they're mass murdering people who aren't rich.

"Guns kill people" said the teary-eyed Obama. I wonder if the same people who protest guns in their entirety will protest this. Hm... I'm willing to bet they won't.

And so on it goes, with people crying over the loss of life and yet perplexingly not only doing nothing to stop it from happening again, but likely protesting any attempt to stop it from happening again. What strange times in which we live.

/Warning.

I feel for these people. I hope their families recover from the loss, and the community comes back stronger than it ever was before. I hope that their deaths will not be in vain.
How do you stop these attacks then?

The Government has never done a good job of protecting our own country from terrorism. Domestic or foreign.

How do you fight the radical hate from these religious groups? Groups such as Radical Islamists, Westboro Baptist Church, Klu Klux Klan, ISIS, Aryan Brotherhood.

It is obvious that the teachings these people believe are not the norm for their religion. In fact, most Muslims and Christians condemn these groups. Even fighting against them.

How do you fight a revolution of hate?

These are all questions that no one has been able to answer. No one has a solution. However, a solution needs to be found.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"

Never has a statement been more true. The best way to start to fight this revolution of hate, is not answer it with more hate. To not blindly discriminate against people based on their religion, That hate and discrimination, makes us no better than them. They believe in the same discrimination and hate, as that is what led them to kill in the first place.

Something needs to be done, but the question is.....what? How?

@Brovo is right. But it tends to raise more questions than answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that this is the worst mass shooting in U.S. history (now surpassing the Virginia Tech shooting) really shocks and saddens me :( Like @Brovo said, how many more people will have to die before we realize that there's a HUGE danger amiss that can potentially affect us all? My heart goes out to the victims and I hope they can find peace and will be able to grieve.

tumblr_mmymherEO91s5e89mo1_500.gif

My best friend in the whole world is going to be attending pride in San Fran at the end of this month and I am absolutely terrified. My heart is so heavy. I honestly can't really summon words.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person

/Warning.

Nothing is going to be done, because nothing can be done. You get rid of Isis, and another group will pop up shortly afterwards. There is always going to be hate in the world. There is always going to be a group who believes the world needs to be one way and only that way, and not care how many people they need to kill to make it that way. There is always going to be someone who believes killing innocent people will get the rest of the world to bend to their ideals. Hatred has become....not exactly excepted, but tolerated. We publish it in the papers. We play it on the news. The more radical things are, the more it is publicized. Isis gets their name out because the media broadcasts it. If they would stop putting a name behind these fanatics and simply brand them as the hate filled assholes that they are, maybe it might not be as bad. But Isis and other terrorist groups are getting the acknowledgement that they want, and it's only going to keep growing. Not that I believe that they keeping them nameless is going to be any better, but it sure as hell can't hurt either.

Horrible, just horrible =( I don't even know what else to say. It's disgusting that this happened.

How do you stop these attacks then?
A very bloody and painful war that nobody wants to admit we need to do. The kind we waged on Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.
How do you fight the radical hate from these religious groups? Groups such as Radical Islamists, Westboro Baptist Church, Klu Klux Klan, ISIS, Aryan Brotherhood.
War, ignore, law, war, law. Each respectively. Radical Islam & ISIL needs to be put down at the source before we can reduce the number of attacks that hit the West. Westboro doesn't murder people nor inspires mass murders, they're assholes plain and simple, and can be largely ignored. The Klu Klux Klan and the Aryan Brotherhood can be put down with law enforcement, neither of them are anywhere near as powerful as ISIL.
It is obvious that the teachings these people believe are not the norm for their religion. In fact, most Muslims and Christians condemn these groups. Even fighting against them.
Uh.

Look, I don't normally agree with Ben Shapiro on, like, anything, because he's an obvious right wing shill, but his numbers come from the Pew Research Center. Hell, even looking at the book itself, it goes into excruciating detail about how you're supposed to beat your wife, or about the occasions upon which one should go to murder heathens and heretics. There are hundreds of lines of violence in the Quran alone, if you're wondering. Yes, I'm aware the Bible is no better, but between the two religions, Christianity has been forced to conform and reform to the modern world. Islam hasn't. Christians will take the law of the land over the law of the book, they compromise.

What we need to do is force the moderates to make a choice and protect any who choose against hatred and intolerance.

If anything, the reason they're called "radical" is because they follow their book to the letter rather than compromising on it in any way. So whatever we choose to do, it has to start with the moderates. Don't cage them, don't imprison them, don't hurt them, don't take away their civil rights, but get involved in their communities. Divorce them from hate preachers and get them to start helping us identify the worst elements of their communities so we can deal with them accordingly, rather than sticking them all in segregated neighbourhoods and ignoring them. Oh, and we should make Sharia Courts illegal, because the fact that they aren't is fucking mind blowing.

Beyond that? I'm no future teller and I won't pretend to have all the answers, but we have to start doing something. Somewhere. If this is an ideology war, then we need to start fighting it.
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"
This line is very silly. Anger can lead to fear, and fear to suffering, and suffering to hatred. Suffering can lead to fear, fear can lead to anger, and anger can lead to hatred. Hatred can lead to fear, then suffering, then anger.

I'm not proposing wanton violence for its own sake. I'm proposing carefully and intentionally directed strikes against an enemy that has obviously declared war on us. Terrorism as it stands will not survive without funding and help from non-terrorists, so let's start there. On our own soil. While we have the chance.

Then, we need to deal with Saudi Arabia. Because they fund terrorism. Which, you know, is a problem.
Something needs to be done, but the question is.....what? How?
The courage to fight, the wisdom to strategize, the compassion to forgive those who cease their aggression against us, and empathy for those who are trapped in the middle and who side with us potentially at the risk of being considered apostates. Because leaving the religion is punishable by death, and I don't doubt that even if the moderates claim to be Muslim, if they refuse to help the radicals (or at least don't rat them out), the radicals will consider them apostates as surely as anyone else.

Whatever we do will be painful, but the longer we wait, the more people will die, and the more likely they'll get their hands on something truly horrifying. Like a nuclear device. How long until North Korea or Iran figures out a nuke and either accidentally or intentionally gives one away to someone who will hurt The West?

Still. You're right, I don't have all the answers. I just know we need to start doing something. Soon. Before it escalates to the point that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
My best friend in the whole world is going to be attending pride in San Fran at the end of this month and I am absolutely terrified. My heart is so heavy. I honestly can't really summon words.
Best of luck to them. Now more than ever the LGBT need to stand up and tell the world that they will not be silenced. I'll stand with them. Je suis LGBT, I suppose. Even if I'm just an ally.
Nothing is going to be done, because nothing can be done. You get rid of Isis, and another group will pop up shortly afterwards. There is always going to be hate in the world. There is always going to be a group who believes the world needs to be one way and only that way, and not care how many people they need to kill to make it that way. There is always going to be someone who believes killing innocent people will get the rest of the world to bend to their ideals. Hatred has become....not exactly excepted, but tolerated. We publish it in the papers. We play it on the news. The more radical things are, the more it is publicized. Isis gets their name out because the media broadcasts it. If they would stop putting a name behind these fanatics and simply brand them as the hate filled assholes that they are, maybe it might not be as bad. But Isis and other terrorist groups are getting the acknowledgement that they want, and it's only going to keep growing. Not that I believe that they keeping them nameless is going to be any better, but it sure as hell can't hurt either.
There will always be hate in the world, and there will always be pain, and there will always be death. Such is the price of individual life. That being said, when good men stand by and do nothing, evil flourishes. Nip a problem in the bud now, before it grows nuclear or gets its hands on a biological terror weapon, and we could potentially spare millions of people suffering and death.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance, and blood to feed the roots. C'est la vie.
Horrible, just horrible =( I don't even know what else to say. It's disgusting that this happened.
The fact that this is the worst mass shooting in U.S. history (now surpassing the Virginia Tech shooting) really shocks and saddens me :( Like @Brovo said, how many more people will have to die before we realize that there's a HUGE danger amiss that can potentially affect us all? My heart goes out to the victims and I hope they can find peace and will be able to grieve.
vPD5S87.gif

Fack sake. What did the gays ever do to deserve so much shit?

And I say we combat them by sucking even more dick — quite literally, yes.

A very bloody and painful war that nobody wants to admit we need to do. The kind we waged on Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.
Their is already war going on. The people of these countries being invaded by ISIS are fighting back. Muslims are fighting back. This is different from Nazi Germany. This is different from Imperial Japan. This isn't a specific country, it is a radical group of people with no known borders.
War, ignore, law, war, law. Each respectively. Radical Islam & ISIL needs to be put down at the source before we can reduce the number of attacks that hit the West. Westboro doesn't murder people nor inspires mass murders, they're assholes plain and simple, and can be largely ignored. The Klu Klux Klan and the Aryan Brotherhood can be put down with law enforcement, neither of them are anywhere near as powerful as ISIL.
But you speak of a war of ideologies later. That is exactly what this is. If the ideologies are the same, why do we fight the people and not the ideologies? Just because it is Islam?
Uh.

Look, I don't normally agree with Ben Shapiro on, like, anything, because he's an obvious right wing shill, but his numbers come from the Pew Research Center. Hell, even looking at the book itself, it goes into excruciating detail about how you're supposed to beat your wife, or about the occasions upon which one should go to murder heathens and heretics. There are hundreds of lines of violence in the Quran alone, if you're wondering. Yes, I'm aware the Bible is no better, but between the two religions, Christianity has been forced to conform and reform to the modern world. Islam hasn't. Christians will take the law of the land over the law of the book, they compromise.

What we need to do is force the moderates to make a choice and protect any who choose against hatred and intolerance.

If anything, the reason they're called "radical" is because they follow their book to the letter rather than compromising on it in any way. So whatever we choose to do, it has to start with the moderates. Don't cage them, don't imprison them, don't hurt them, don't take away their civil rights, but get involved in their communities. Divorce them from hate preachers and get them to start helping us identify the worst elements of their communities so we can deal with them accordingly, rather than sticking them all in segregated neighbourhoods and ignoring them. Oh, and we should make Sharia Courts illegal, because the fact that they aren't is fucking mind blowing.

Beyond that? I'm no future teller and I won't pretend to have all the answers, but we have to start doing something. Somewhere. If this is an ideology war, then we need to start fighting it.
Absolutely Incorrect. I have studied the book, itself. Have you studied the bible? The bible has many similar things in it. God commanded the Israelites to wipe out a whole group of people. Men, women, and children. The bible tells us Christians, to stone Adulterers. If you are going to condemn one book, you cannot be biased and not look at all religious texts that have similar things.

Use the search you did to find that incredibly biased and straw man type evidence to look up the people that are fighting. Iraq was fighting against ISIS. The countries military, was fighting against ISIS. Muslims, fighting against ISIS. The same is in Syria. It is not that they aren't fighting, it is that ISIS is a very organized and well funded threat. They don't have the weaponry, the leadership, the training, and the support to wage a full out war against ISIS. The only reason that ISIS has not managed to overtake some of these countries is because of the people fighting. The MUSLIMS fighting.

Christians do not take the law of the land. Atrocious acts of terrorism have been committed in the name of God, and christianity. Those acts were committed by the KKK. A young man had just walked into a church and shot black people, because he thought they were a curse. Thinking he was doing the Godly thing.

The majority of Muslims, are not radical. That is a fact. However, with the way things are going. In the next 10-20 years the majority could be radical, because of ISIS. Go to a Mosque in your local area, and ask them how they feel about ISIS. The answer will surprise you. The fight is against ISIS, not Islam.

When a young man walks into a school and has no religious affiliation, but starts killing children, the gun is blamed. Not the mans ideology. No political group has come out and stated that we should take care of the mental state of citizens because this is what happens when it goes awry. They blame the gun. When a man walks into a bar, but is a muslim, the gun isn't blamed. No one hardly talks about the man, as a man. It is all about, Islam.

How would you react if Christians began doing the same thing on a mass scale? If christians started another Crusade? The problem does not lie with Islam itself. It lies with the radicalists. The teachers who are preaching that people need to die. When no one does. If you condemn a book for causing people to misjudge a religion, then you must condemn all books that cause that. The Bible included, because it has happened.
This line is very silly. Anger can lead to fear, and fear to suffering, and suffering to hatred. Suffering can lead to fear, fear can lead to anger, and anger can lead to hatred. Hatred can lead to fear, then suffering, then anger.

I'm not proposing wanton violence for its own sake. I'm proposing carefully and intentionally directed strikes against an enemy that has obviously declared war on us. Terrorism as it stands will not survive without funding and help from non-terrorists, so let's start there. On our own soil. While we have the chance.

Then, we need to deal with Saudi Arabia. Because they fund terrorism. Which, you know, is a problem.
This line is not silly. This line is the truth. No where did I say that other things couldn't lead to hatred or suffering. I just outlined 1 path.
The courage to fight, the wisdom to strategize, the compassion to forgive those who cease their aggression against us, and empathy for those who are trapped in the middle and who side with us potentially at the risk of being considered apostates. Because leaving the religion is punishable by death, and I don't doubt that even if the moderates claim to be Muslim, if they refuse to help the radicals (or at least don't rat them out), the radicals will consider them apostates as surely as anyone else.

Whatever we do will be painful, but the longer we wait, the more people will die, and the more likely they'll get their hands on something truly horrifying. Like a nuclear device. How long until North Korea or Iran figures out a nuke and either accidentally or intentionally gives one away to someone who will hurt The West?

Still. You're right, I don't have all the answers. I just know we need to start doing something. Soon. Before it escalates to the point that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.
See, you are now speaking of conflicting ideologies. When the majority of Islam is not radical, and does not want to hurt us, Which is the case, then why are we going to fight them. Is it not terrorism, to send soldiers into another country and force the citizens of that country to change their beliefs, when the majority of those citizens, have never done anything to hurt the United States. The fear and terror that we will instill on them. The fear and terror that we instill on the peaceful and loving Muslims here in the United States. That is also terrorism. Just we consider it "good" so it isn't labeled as terrorism, when it is exactly that.

We fight against the radicals. Not against the whole religion. We take out ISIS. We free the people who are enslaved. We attack those that have attacked the U.S., not the whole religion.

It is a war of ideologies at that point.

Alright, that is enough guys.

This is not a place to discuss/debate/explain what should be down. This thread was made to say that something terrible happened.

Say your peace, but don't start going back and forth on your views/facts/opinions.

Say your peace, but don't start going back and forth on your views/facts/opinions.
y1G5HiG.jpg

Can't leave me to be a grumpy old man eh'? Fair enough. This thread is for the mourners and the dead. I'll leave them to it. May they rest in peace, and may those personally affected get better soon.

I'm just at a loss for words. I want to cry, but it seems stuck inside my being.

Status
Not open for further replies.