October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
5 Word Challenge FANTASY EDITION!
Brought to you by: October Knight

[bg=#006633]This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Dracolich (N) - An undead dragon.
  • Water Clock (N) - A device for measuring time by the flow of water
  • Arcane Spell (N) - Spells involving the direct manipulation of mystic energies.
  • Electrum (N) - A naturally occurring alloy of gold and silver
  • Cantrip (in relation to magic) (N) - A spell used for play or trickery
[/bg]

She climbed onto the stolen Dracolich and coaxed it to carry her. The smell of it was putrid, filled with decay. The pungency singed her nostrils but she had no choice. According to the water clock, it was already noon. The festival had already begun and she was in dire need of money. The last of her savings had run out days ago. Her plan was quite simple, and extremely effective. Her arcane spells were fantastic. Utilizing her magnificent talents, she would use a cantrip to deceive the crowd. At a price, she would simply turn one of their items into false electrum. It was easy to do and practically no one would be able to tell the difference. A few hours of doing this simple trick and she would be well to do for a few weeks. Getting there was the most difficult part. She had to sit on this sickening beast for nearly an hour. Not only did it smell of fetid, rotting flesh, but it was losing pieces of its decaying body as it shakily flew onward. Unsure if it would hold together long enough, she gripped its rancid neck and prepared for a rough ride.

Merith wandered through the forest of Iwaku, her feet hardly making a sound as she studied her surroundings, following the trail of a Dracolich by the name of Azreth. She needed him to help her find the item she had been searching for, the electrum was what she needed to obtain an item so she could finish her quest. The elf carefully clambered around the large trees and vines, making her way to the dragon's den, a place where many feared and none entered. But she had a pact with this particular dragon for she had saved him from the Human species long ago using her cantrip to deceive the beings into thinking he had in fact died while plummeting into the ocean depths. Her bright orange eyes laid upon the undead form of the beastly creature.

The smell that hit her nose sent shivers up her spine, the putrid scent wafting from the den. His crimson eyes gazed upon her small form a deep, rumbling laugh emitted from the beast. Merith bowed, knowing that no matter how much he owed her, he was a proud and loyal creature and deserved the utmost respect.

"Azreth, I have come seeking the item I had called upon." she announced, her orange orbs gazing upon him once again. Her hand went to her hip, resting upon her clothes as she watched him.

He turned his head, bones cracking and rotten flesh falling from him, "I see that you have come in hopes of my aid." his deep voice said, his nostrils flaring as hot breath gushed from them, "I have what you want, but I must see of you are fit to handle the power that you seek." he spoke moving his massive head down to her level.

She had known that there would be a catch, as creatures such as these like to prove others worth. "Fine." she replied, "What is it you need me to do?" she asked.

"I need you to master arcane spells. Fire and Water shall be good enough. Come back to me when the water clock announces the full moon and I shall give you what you need young elf." he explained, moving back to his original position and dismissing her.

Merith nodded, feeling a tug of annoyance that she needed to make this trek once again in another month but she was grateful he had what she needed. The only question that remained with her was what his plans were to have to master the arcane magic.