October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
5 Word Challenge
Brought to you by: October Knight

[bg=#006633]This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc! Wanna earn some reputation (green bars) I'll hook you up! Just use any one of these words, or more, in an RP post and link it here or on my profile!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Academician (n) - A member of an academy of literature, art, or science.
  • Acumen (n)- Quickness of intellectual insight, or discernment; keenness of discrimination
  • Adroit (adj.) - Having skill in the use of the bodily or mental powers.
  • Belie (v.) - To misrepresent.
  • Clandestine (adj.) - Surreptitious.
[/bg]

I FOUND IT YAAAAAAY. :D Now.... to think of something.

A successful academician must have the adroit acumen to belie the clandestine nature of his work.
In other words, if you were caught digging up bodies during the renaissance, you'd have to think pretty quick to get away with it.

((I'm not very good at following your rules, am I?))

The Scholar

The sky was simply beautiful that evening. It was a pool of sublime inspiration, and in those fleeting moments it became but an Inkwell.

The scholar sits with a smile, lifts his squalor quill to yellow pages those eyes sparked with denial as he meditated like an academician his method was something bohemian. He often thought he was dreamin' yet he just kept believin' that he had a purpose, and the words that he scribed had a deeper meaning. His mind sharp! Played like a bell and harp, clockwork gears tell the tick tock like an acumen dropping these verbal bombs like Truman to the oriental human. These rhymes are mental, anything but gentle they're highly experimental so drop the damn instrumental! Now wait just a second, this scholar was right he's not belie he's a bad guy sporting a black tie he won't deny his minds eye so he writes with a sigh if only to leave you tongue tied before he imply's his good bye. Pen and ink impressions were adroit seeming to be awfully exploit, derived from long strides in the streets of Detroit. Scribbling a final symbol, and dribbling these sick verbs through a dull pencil. The scholar doesn't mean to be clandestine, destiny declared he dared to care almost like Dresden. So he kicked out his oaken chair and repaired his broken stare. Took a walk into the night, gazed up at the inkwell to rewrite his zen insight like Voltaire he declared a method to ensnare a fond good night he incited a delighted exit to stage right.

(I know not what these green bars are, but I want them! Gimme Gimme Gimme!)