October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Vocabulary Challenge
Brought to you by: October Knight and Fluffy; Partners in Crime

[bg=#006633]This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Mellifluous - Having a smooth, rich flow. Like a melodic voice, or honey.
  • Stanchion - To support something by adding to it.
  • Atrabilious - Bad-tempered or irritable
  • Esculent - Edible. Fit to be eaten.
  • Exude - To emit or discharge. To display an emotion strongly or openly.
[/bg]

(I ALREADY KNOW THREE OF THESE WORDS, YAY)

Mellifluous - Having a smooth, rich flow. Like a melodic voice, or honey.
Stanchion - To support something by adding to it.
Atrabilious - Bad-tempered or irritable
Esculent - Edible. Fit to be eaten.
Exude - To emit or discharge. To display an emotion strongly or openly.

For someone with such an atrabilious temperament Greg was usually peaceful. He was quiet and he worked hard. From sun up to sun down, he did what he could for his company. Which, should be mentioned, he's a bit of a hired gun. In the still of night, he truly worked- having researched his target all day, hacking into their information and using what he could to track them. Then he was on the move. He followed them from work to home. It was a woman, a pretty one, who was too busy talking on her phone to realize the danger she was in. Her voice was mellifluous and it rang through the air as they walked. She seemed harmless, but he wasn't one to question his orders.

Then, finally something stanchion was clear in her words, it made sense and supported his theory as to why her number was up by his company. She knew something about them. And the broad was just chatting away about it over the phone on a public street. She knew something, not just about the company, but about me as well. The smell of gunsmoke exuded from my very being as I pulled the trigger, not caring who saw- I was in pretty non-discript clothing anyways. The shot hit her in the middle of her back- knocking her down with pain. I kicked her over and took my time, looking into her eyes before I let that last shot ring out.

As per usual, I did what I could to clean up any evidence, but I left her there. Let her rot in this cold night, I don't much care.

Soon enough, I was on my way home... one of them. I fixed myself an esculent dish- something simple but good, one of those junky frozen pizzas you can get from the store. Soon enough, I was going to sleep and when I woke, my day started again.

Mellifluous - Having a smooth, rich flow. Like a melodic voice, or honey.
Stanchion-To support something by adding to it.
Atrabilious- Bad tempered or irritable
Esculent- Edible. Fit to be eaten.
Exude - To emit or discharge. To display an emotion strongly or openly.

It has been the one of the worst summers ever and it was quickly coming to an end. My father had gotten his promotion over the summer, so he would be the stanchion to his company this fall. Me personally I can’t stand his boss his voice is not as mellifluous is he would like to think. Imagine Freddy Krueger scratching iron pipes with his clawed hand and Fran Drescher’s laugh would exude along with it. Yea that’s what I’d rather hear than his voice.

My mom has been overseas for the past four years looking for museum worthy artifacts. So needless to say it’s just me, my dad, and my pet snake “Sonic”. I have had Sonic for as long as I can remember. My parents told me he crawled in through my window as a child, and just curled up with me. He is about twenty years old and just three years my senior. His about forty feet in length and has full reign of the house when mom isn’t here. I treasure his friendship and he does mine. I know this because he has told me on several occasions. The bond we have is unnatural my mom would say, pops just grunts in agreement.

Mom loves telling me and my friends the story of how “Sonic” saved my life. She gets a kick out of his reaction. He always perks up places his head on my shoulder. So she starts by saying I always make Jason’s snacks esculent, you know edible. By the way that’s me, Jason, hello. She would always bust out with words no normal human has ever heard in my lifetime. Now back to the story. “So Jason was almost seven. He was sitting at the breakfast bar while I was cutting up his apples for his snack. I guess he couldn’t wait for me to make them esculent because he takes one third of an apple piece and shove it into his mouth. He gets rather atrabilious when he does eat to this day. At this point he immediately starts choking, and here comes Sonic to the rescue. He zips across the bar and wraps his entire body around Jason. His coiled body starts to move one coil at a time to work the giant piece of apple from Jason’s wind pipe. Sonic he’s working fast and being as gentle as he can. Then all of a sudden, the apple piece shoots out and apple sauces right on the patio door window. Sonic uncoils as quickly as he had coiled and literally helps Jason back up, looks in Jason’s eyes as if he is chastising him for being impatient. And from that day Sonic and I have been even closer than after that….