October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
5 Word Challenge
Brought to you by: October Knight

[bg=#006633]This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Evince (v.) - To make manifest or evident.
  • Unyoke (v.) To separate.
  • Stolid (adj.) Having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; impassive.
  • Retrograde (v.) - To cause to deteriorate or to move backward.
  • Trammel (n.) - An impediment.
[/bg]

Amity wandered around the caverns aimlessly. She had long since been unyoked from her fellow adventurers, having lost them when part of the tunnel collapsed. She held her sword out in front of her, carefully keeping a watchful eye for any demons or monsters that may deter her search. She tried to remain calm and keep her fear from showing, but the slight tremors racking through her body evinced her true terror.

She turned a corner, and suddenly she was in a part of the cave covered in mirror like portals. Trying not to panic, she swiveled around, trying to locate the demon responsible for the portals surrounding her. Suddenly, scenes from Amity's life begin to play in the mirrors. Her parents' apathy, her jealousy towards her sister, her feelings of hopelessness; all of her personal trammels out on display, forcing Amity to face them. She attempted to keep her face stolid, desperately hoping that the demon would be unable to sense her growing hysteria.

She rapidly turned around, and immediately wished she hadn't. There in the mirror before her stood Michael, beautiful, sweet, little Michael. She stood there and watched him be torn apart by a monster, her stoicism retrograding from being forced to relive her youngest brother's murder. She fell to the floor, her sword clattering uselessly by her side; she curled up into a ball, sobbing and shaking beyond control.

The demon moved to cover her, and all went black.

Last edited by a moderator:
John is sweet
Don't you agree?
Just like wheat
Or like tea.
I make sure to evince that fact everywhere I go.
He is my brother, y'know? Even if it isn't true; I'd lie for you too.

John has feet
Don't you see?
Made of meat
Made of sea.
Although many try to unyoke, that I will not allow.
John isn't sick. He loves me, so he touched me.

John's lips are candied
Don't you agree?
when they kiss my neck, softly
I always retrograde and flee...
He's so stolid, and waits for me to see.
Even if it's a personal trammel, that makes me stay so far away.

John is sweet
Don't you agree?
Even if he's locked up behind bars
He still reaches out to me.