October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Vocabulary Challenge
Brought to you by: October Knight and Fluffy; Partners in Crime

[bg=#006633]This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Rapacity - Taking by force; Plundering
  • Lamprophony - Loudness, clarity of voice.
  • Moliminous - Very Important. Of great bulk or consequence.
  • Malapert - Unbecomingly bold or Saucy.
  • Adulate - To praise or admire excessively. To fawn on.
[/bg]

I think, to ease the process, you should also note whether each word is a noun, adjective, adverb, etc. ^^

Good idea, thanks for the input Kaze.

This is dreadful, I'm sorry....

"The pirates, known for their rapacity - "

"No no no" Stacey calmly interrupted her tutor, "If you're going to tell a dramatic story, use a bit more lamprophony!" she insisted. With a quiet sigh and a quick roll of the eyes, he responded,

"If I do say so young lady, that is rather a bit malapert of you." Rather than humbly accepting the scolding, she simply beamed back at him. Soon or late, he would rue the day he imbued her with such expansive vernacular.

"Fail to adulate me if you will, it dissuades me not; it's moliminous that you do it correctly, sir."

Giselle paces her dressing room, glancing every few minutes at the clock on the wall just above the door. A gentle tap to the door was followed by the disembodied words, "five minutes to curtain." A roll of her eyes and a poke of her tongue were her replies to the stage manager's prompt. As if she didn't know there were a mere five minutes until the moliminous event of her life.

She went to the mirror and checked her face one last time and then shed the robe she had been using to ensure she did not accidentally soil the gown that had been loaned to her for the performance. She drew in a breath and made eye contact with her reflection, "You've got this."

Leaving the dressing room she moved to the stairs that led to the area behind the curtains and the x she had been told to stand on for the start of the show. Forcing her breathing into even steadiness to avoid the panic that was threatening to steal her courage, she waited. The curtain rose and she was nearly blinded by the stage lights, but it thankfully kept her from seeing the packed house and the onlooking faces of the fans that were loudly cheering as the music began.

The lamprophony of her beautiful soprano voice carried to the highest balcony and the farthest back seats of the mezzanine. The audience fell into awed silence until the final note rang clear and pure at which time they erupted into boisterous adulation. She smiled and bowed as she descended the three stairs that led to the main part of the stage and more music began for the second song of her concert. The next ninety minutes was full of emotion and power as she entertained and gave all she had to them. Finally, nearly exhausted she bowed and humbly accepted their praise and applause before walking off the stage and returning to her dressing room. She collapsed into the chair, but felt so pleased with the performance.

The door burst open then and a large man, who needed only one stride to reach her, grabbed her arm. The stage manager saw the large man and could not believe his little songbird was being taken with rapacity from the theater. He called for the guards who followed directly behind the culprit.

Meawhile Giselle was kicking, scratching, and had even resorted to biting the man as hard as she could to escape. "You are forcing me to malapert action sir! I insist you cease at once!"

He merely lifted a brow and opened a car door and tossed her in the back seat following behind her. "Go James." he said and the driver did as ordered. The man then looked at her and tipped his head, "If you would return Dad's calls, I wouldn't be forced to kidnapping Munchkin." pushing the masked cap from his face to reveal himself

Giselle burst out laughing, "Why didn't he just come to the concert?"

"Sold out peanut..."

"I left tickets..." She frowned thinking of her stage manager's love of cash, "That back stabbing ingrate..."

"Like I said..maybe return his calls. he's been worried."

Giselle sighed, "I am the most horrible daughter..."

"I dare say Missy still has that cornered..."

She cast a sideways look at him, "I've missed you Dev...thanks for kidnapping me. Even if it's just for a few minutes."

"My pleasure Munchkin."