October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Vocabulary Challenge
Brought to you by: October Knight and Fluffy; Partners in Crime

[bg=#006633]This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Chilblain (N) - an inflammatory swelling or sore caused by exposure (as of the feet or hands) to cold
  • Gloam (N) - Twilight
  • Slake (V) - Quench; slake your thirst.
  • Halcyon (ADJ) - Tranquil, happy, idyllic. Often used in reference to earlier times, nostalgia.
  • Grok (V) - To understand thoroughly and intuitively.
[/bg]

As I looked into the beautiful yellow and orange sky, and the gloam enriched my body with crevices and shadows that gave me a wonderful intimidating look. That made me grin. I felt power and knowledge that i have never known. There was this Chilblain feeling in my finger tips that gave me comfort like nature was holding my hand. Like mom used to when we walked across a street. As a feeling materialized in my chest and radiated to my extremity's. It made me realize how long i have been waiting for this moment. A thought of my past with this man laying in front of me appeared in my head, and i realized he is more of a father now laying life less than he ever was before. Well at least his blood is my teacher now. Its teaching me strength and honesty,and to believe in myself. That i can over come anything that i put my mind to. His blood is here for me it gives me warmth and comfort. That was a feeling I always longed for, a feeling of a mentor. I had this grok feeling that you were put into my life so that the warm speckles of blood running down my face, and this hefty ax would be the things to slake my need for a father figure. The only thing that might ruin this moment is that i still have to take care of you, probably more than ever. Good thing the halcyonic sound of your bone crackling and separating at my will drowns out the thought.

Days. That's how long he had been stranded in this snowy tundra.

Young Shiloh Kendricks was apart of an expedition to the wonderful land of Alaska, and never would have guessed he would be separated from his group. It happened in the dead of night as they shuffled their way back to camp - a blizzard hit, and that's when everything went downhill. Now, he was by this tiny riverbed in the middle of the forest, wildlife carrying on around him. Chilblain settled in his fingers due to the loss of his gloves. He somehow brought water to his lips, which managed to slake his thirst. Though that did not matter much, for he had a grok that he was dying, or would be soon enough if he didn't find some help.

It was gloam, and after taking a drink he fell flat on his back, staring into the sky. There was no use to go on, not when he was so weak and knew not where he was. Haleyon thoughts swam through his mind - if he were going to go out here, he'd do it thinking of happier times.