October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Vocabulary Challenge
Brought to you by: October Knight and Fluffy; Partners in Crime

[bg=#006633]This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Brae (n.) - Hillside.
  • Protuberant (adj.) - Bulging.
  • Rookery (n.) - A place where crows congregate to breed.
  • Tantamount (adj.) - Having equal or equivalent value, effect, or import.
  • Votive (adj.) - Dedicated by a vow.
[/bg]

I sat down on the protuberant brae as the sun began to set. Crows began to return to the greening trees'. I watched as their rookery became over crowded as more and more individuals fought over the best places to nest and to roost. The noise became unbearable, and I quickly hauled myself up to grab my heads phones. Pressing a few buttons, "Science & Faith" by the Script boomed through my head. Their infectious tunes forced me to sing. An embarrassing and unconscious decision. Although I was alone I couldn't help but think that I was being watched, whether it was the hundreds maybe thousands of pairs of beady brown eyes staring at me from the tree tops, I would never know. I always wondered why they returned to this place year after year it was almost like they were votive. I smiled as leaves fell from the branches because of the commotion. Like the tree's and the flowers, the crows and other birds all were tantamount (Not too sure how to word this one). They all brought the forest to life, adding colour and music to nature.

Tantamount