October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
Vocabulary Challenge
Brought to you by: October Knight and Fluffy; Partners in Crime

[bg=#006633]This challenge is to help strengthen your vocabulary. You'll learn new words and how to use them in roleplay posts, stories, poems, etc!

Instructions:
1. Aim for a minimum of 1-3 paragraphs. If you'd like to write more than that, then go for it!
2. Make sure you use each word in your post. Be as creative as you'd like.
3. Style the writing like you would for a story. It can be describing a setting, or written from the perspective of a character. Whatever you feel would work the best.
4. Have fun with this, of course!

The Words:

• Aerostat (n.) A balloon or other apparatus floating in or sustained by the air.
  • Ardor (n.) Intensity of passion or affection.
  • Atomizer (n.) An apparatus for reducing a liquid to a fine spray, as for disinfection, inhalation, etc.
  • Austere (adj.) Severely simple; unadorned.
  • Avow (v.) To declare openly.
[/bg]

"Micola! Is my aerostat ready?" Freya asked. Freya was a young adventurer, and for as long as she could remember, she had been on the move. Like she was on the run from something dark and archaic. She couldn't remember why, but she just had this urge to move. Like there was something out there she had to find.

"No miss, I'm sorry." Micola replied, "It seems that the atomizer is acting up a bit. It would be dangerous to take off if we don't fix it." This made Freya sigh. This seemingly austere piece of equipment had been giving them problems for years. Yet they couldn't get it to run properly for more than a week at a time. In frustrations she kicked the basket that held them, and Micola chucked. "Such impaticence."

"Well I'm sorry! I just.. whenever I get stuck like this, I get this feeling. I've told you before!" she shrank as her words got quieter. "It scares me to stay still."

The ardor in Micola's eye's went unnoticed by Freya. "I know Freya. I'm sure everything will be alright. In fact, I'll make sure that you'll keep safe," he avowed. "I will protect you."

Enemies

Do you know what it's like to be fluent in haterisim? The method of textual criticism, boiling a bubbly brew of complete cynicism? Let me be the first to say that if you lay down this hate you'll seem nothing but irate. annoyingly toying with me? You just better recreate an innate way to loose weight and find your damn soul mate to date! See i dictate this debate, see you as a child that ought to be sedate. You're like a Dalek screaming EXTERMINATE, trying to blast the last of me with an atomizer. Seems I need to smack you with a tranquilizer! Give you an austere stare and draw a tear and make it clear that you're light years behind me on this frontier. My purpose is to avow that you bow in the here and now! Just now I disavowed your hate. Just like Vay I'm going to raise the mortality rate! I implore you to ardor me rather than explore and look for reasons to abhor because seriously this is just a limited war. To me you seem like a shitty bureaucrat, floating away in an aerostat while doing verbal combat! I'll take my cricket bat to this brat, crater this debater till his head goes splat!

Last edited by a moderator: