5 gum made me self analyze

C

Celest

Original poster
So, I bought 5 Gum, and it was the truth or dare pack. One of the truth questions were "What mistakes are you afraid to make?" I was like WOW. WHAT MISTAKES AM I AFRAID TO MAKE?! I Also decided it would make a good discussion.

I'm afraid I'll make a mistake that will forever alter my life. I like where I'm going right now, and I don't want to be knocked off this path. I'm scared I'll be confronted with some sort of decision that I answer wrong and completely ruin myself.

I'm afraid I will make a mistake that will really hurt someone. I know I've already made some, but it's still a fear.

I'm afraid I'll make a mistake that makes me look insanely stupid. I feel like I've missed out on a lot of things just because I didn't want to appear foolish.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
I work in a pharmaceutical lab and I help create and test drugs for market. I'm afraid of messing up a test, not having the mistake caught in review, and contributing to a release of product that shouldn't be released... especially if it leads to illness or fatalities.

Ugh. It makes me so paranoid when I'm testing.

What mistakes am I not afraid of making? I mean, of course, there are more serious ones with huge consequences, and others without, but really, any consequence is one I would prefer avoiding.

I'm afraid of making a mistake I won't be able to learn from.

I stopped fearing my mistakes. I'm going to make them, irrespective of fear. Like you said, Celest, I've missed out on a lot of things because I scared I was going to mess up. And then I realized, by doing that I was letting the fear control me, and messing up all the same.

I'm afraid of making mistakes in general.

I'm afraid of making the "wrong" decision.

I'm afraid of having a credit card because I don't want to risk falling in debt.

I'm afraid of taking big risks (like having a credit card in my name and actually using it).

I'm afraid of having debt. Big debt.

I'm afraid I won't be able to continue going to college as early as I wanted.

Mistakes I'm afraid of making:
  • Unknowingly/accidentally causing emotional harm to the people I care about.
  • Finding comfort in coping mechanisms that I mistakenly believe to be healthy, but are actually just worsening my emotional state in the long term.
  • Growing attached to people that I think are good for me but are actually just a toxic presence in my life.
  • Becoming a toxic presence in someone else's life.
  • Having some legendary derp moment that makes me forget to do an Important Adult Thing™ and somehow screws me out of a job or messes up my life in any other way.
  • Spending too much of my summer relaxing when I should be working hard to practice my skills and prepare myself for the future.
  • Spending too much of my summer working hard and not enough time relaxing, leading to me feeling burnt out and tired before the school year even begins.
On a lighter note:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
"How it feels to chew 5 Gum:"

*EXISTENTIAL DREAD*

"5 Gum. Stimulate your senses."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
To be honest, I do fear any mistakes. I only learn from those and hope they were mild enough not to kill me.

Swallowing 5 gum.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper
Like most people, I of course don't like making mistakes in general but that's life and you do what you do.

However, something I'm actually afraid of would be something that would have long-lasting effects on my life like messing up Important Adult Paperwork or screwing up classes and wrecking my future prospects.