4e Masks of Destiny

L

Louis Cyphre

Original poster
Masks of Destiny

mirrormask.jpg

|STATUES|

The Mask of Destiny campaign is a very old campaign I once found when scouring for adventures on the internet. It was filled with enjoyable twists and turns and role-playing moments and was generally fun to play. I now seek to resurrect this campaign with 4th Edition rules. Now alot of you might be moaning and groaning about 4th Edition and asking why not 3.5. Well to be honest I wanted to run a good 4e campaign for a while. Sure you can compare all editions of being the same, but 4e has a more mechanic simplified feel to it. With role-playing easier to be go along with it, especially on a forum. The premise behind this is a set of artifacts known as the Masks of Destiny which when brought together bring about untold powers. The setting is that of the PoL setting. I don't tend to deeply explore gigantic continents and for my first game, I wanted to do something straight-forward and fun. If your interested sign up with you character sheet, we would be glad to have you.

CHARACTER CREATION GUIDELINES

1. I have no problems with any classes from Magazines or Supplements but please know how your class works on the basis that I'm not well versed in all classes although I'm smart enough to know when someones exploiting a class.
2. You may use Standard Array or 22-Point Buy System, I prefer the Point Buy System as its more your choice and you can easily flesh out your stats with more to what you want to be good at.
3. Starting level is 5. Your characters have known each other and are all with the same adventuring company, however after an unfortunate accident involving the destruction of one of your home town involving a run away cyclops, you have fled your original area of the world in seek of a new land which your embarrassing mishaps will not reach local ears.
4. You are able to have 1 level 5 magical artifact, as well as 1 level 3-4 artifact. You have 1000 gold to buy your equipment with.
5. Involve a paragraph on personality as well as background. I am looking for a total party of around 5.

COMBAT FLOW

Your turn during combat should have certain steps in order for combat to go as quickly as possible. Failure to respond within a 24 hour time period without note of absence gives your turn defending themselves. At the start of the turn, decide your actions, roll for your actions and I will respond, determine what happens and your turn will be passed on in the next during the combat flow and the cycle will repeat.

Alright if I go doppelganger out of the monster manual for a race? Going to go crowd control as a wizard. Keep things simple class wise.

Doppleganger is alright, I've DMed a few groups that have had those in it's midst before. I think every group needs atleast one magic-user for CC.

I'm thinking a Centaur Paladin. Is this Gravy?

Name: Vincarsius
Race: Doppelganger
Class: Wizard
Deity: Ioun (casual worshiper)
Enlightenment: Lawful Neutral
Level: 5

Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 120 lbs

STR: 10 (+0)
DEX:14 (+2)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 16 (+3)
WIS: 14 (+2)
CHA: 12 (+1)

HP: 43
Bloodied: 19
Surge value: 9
Surges/Day: 7

AC: 15
Fort: 11
Ref: 13
Will: 15

Racial features

Average Height: color=red]5' 7" – 6' 0"
Average Weight: 120–160 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma
Size: Medium Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal
Languages: Common
Skill Bonuses: +2 Bluff, +2 Insight
Mental Defense: You gain a +1 racial bonus to your Will defense.
Change Shape: You can use change shape as an at-will power.

Class Features

Role: Controller.
Power Source: Arcane.
Key Abilities: Intelligence, Wisdom, Dexterity
Armor Proficiencies: Cloth
Weapon Proficiencies: Dagger, quarterstaff
Implements: Orbs, staffs, wands
Bonus to Defense: +2 Will
Hit Points at 1st Level: 10 + Constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 4
Healing Surges per Day: 6 + Constitution modifier
Class Features: Arcane Implement Mastery (Orb of Imposition), cantrips, Ritual Casting, spellbook

Skills

Arcana (Int) 8 (10)
Bluff (Cha) 2 (5)
Diplomacy (Cha) 5 (7)
Dungeoneering (Wis) 2 (4)
History (Int) 8 (10)
Insight (Wis) 9 (11)
Nature (Int) 3 (5)
Religion (Int) 3 (5)

Feats

Armor Proficiency (leather)
Improved initiative: +4 to initiative
Toughness

Powers

Cantrips:
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation

A-will:
Cloud of Daggers
Thunderwave
Change Shape

Encounter:
Icy Terrain
Shock Sphere

Daily:
Sleep
Stinking Cloud
Sanguinary Repercussions

Utility:
Shield

Orb of Sanguinary Repercussions, lvl5 magical orb;
+1 attack and damage,
Critical: +1d6 damage or +1d10 against bloodied creatures.

Daily: 1d6 + Int mod damage to each bloodied creature within 5 squares of you.

Leather armor: (+2 AC; 25gp; 15lbs)

Standard kit (15gp; 33lbs)

Comprehend languages components x2 (20gp)
Tenser's Floating Disk x3 (30gp)

Spellbook (feature, 3lbs)
- Sleep
- Stinking Cloud
- Shield

- Comprehend Languages
- Make Whole
- Tenser's Floating Disk

Total Weight: 41lbs

Vincarsius takes his art very seriously. If arcane power is a manifestation of one's will then he has enough to spare. It wouldn't be unreasonable to speculate his wish is to learn every spell there is to learn. Thats not to say he won't use his magic for less serious things like illustrating a campfire story with ghost sounds or finding creative uses for mage hand, or amusing ways being ably to look like anyone you've ever seen could be useful. However when the groups goals are at hand or theres monsters to be slayed the gloves are off literally you can't imagine the intricacy of the gestures one needs to perform.

Killjoy- Yes, that's fine never had a member play that race. Is that a race from PHB3?

Vay- That is correct as far as I know. Also the 1000gp is there for any extra things, you may require now than the basic I give you as well as down the line. While I don't advise spending all of it. Spending some of it on whatever is all good.

Nothing seems game-breaking here, the weight caused me to think for a second. But horses weigh alot, just remember, it might be next to impossible carrying you. Climbing that requires climbing equipment such as straight vertical cliffs will provide a very hard challenge. Your bigger and it comes with all the proes and cons, just remember.

Oh, I am VERY aware. ^_^ I'll have a sheet within the day.

I think thats done, I'll prolly make changes though.

We need a pally to ride killjoy into battle....

Name: Asitus Lightsear
Race: Centaur
Class: Paladin
Deity: Pelor
Enlightenment: Good

STR: 16 (+3)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 14 (+2)
INT: 11 (+0)
WIS: 18 (+4)
CHA: 13 (+2)

HP: 53
Bloodied: 26
Surge value: 13
Surges/Day: 12

AC: 22
Fort: 15
Ref: 13
Will: 17

Racial features

Average Height: 6'2" - 7'0"
Average Weight: 800 - 1,000 LBS.
Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution OR Wisdom
Size: Large
Speed: 8 Squares
Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Nature
Fey Origin: Centaurs are creatures of the feywild and are considered to be fey for the purpose of effects relating to creature origin.
Equine Body: You may wear equipment specified for a Mount slot and gain the associated benefit(s) yourself. You may not ride a mount.
Medium-sized Torso:You can only wield medium sized weapons and do not benefit from the improved reach that normally comes with large size.
Charger: You may move your speed + 2 when you charge.
Quick Kick: You can use Quick Kick as an at-will power.

Class Features

Role: Defender
Power Source: Divine
Key Abilities: Strength, Wisdom, Charisma
Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather, Hide, Chainmail, Scale, Plate; Light shield, Heavy Shield
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Melee, Military Melee, Simple Ranged
Implements: Holy Symbol
Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, +1 Reflex, +1 Will
Hit Points at 1st Level:15 + Constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 6
Healing Surges per Day: 10 + Constitution modifier
Class Features: Channel Divinity, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands

Skills

Athletics: 6
Endurance: 9
Heal: 11
Intimidate: 9
Nature: 8

Feats

Fast Runner
Defensive Mobility
Powerful Charge

Powers

Channel Divinity:
Divine Mettle
Divine Strength
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands

At-will:
Bolstering Strike
Valiant Strike

Encounter:
Piercing Smite
Staggering Smite

Daily:
Paladin's Judgment
Sign of Vulnerability

Utility:
Martyr's Blessing

+1 Symbol of Hope (Level 3 Artifact)

+1 Flaming Shortspear (Level 5 Artifact)

Heavy Shield

+1 Magic Plate Armor

Standard Adventurer's Kit

I have 565 GP remaining.

Like other denizens of the Feywild, Asitus is brimming with life. He is raw, open to the world about him, and curious to the new experiences Pelor provides him. However, he is, by no means, innocent, or unaware. Tempered by his life as an adventurer, Asitus is a full extension of his god. Pelor is the light that gives him focus, and the rock that grants him courage.

Memorable Quote(s):
"Woe betide the wanton."

Born to a typical tribe of Centaurs, Asitus was raised to compete, and fight, at a young age. So eager, was he to prove himself to his brethren, he had asked many times to go out with the other warriors on raids. He was denied, as he was too young; too small to do anything, but put the party at risk. Then, one night, he went out on his own, with a stick that he sharpened, and a shield made from the ripped bark of a larger oak.

Inevitably, Asitus was captured, and re-educated as a follower of Pelor. The world became brighter, and less of an excuse to show off his strengths. Now, a seasoned Paladin, Asitus looks to brighten the world, as a Cleric once brightened him.

Now, I MUST know where mount barding is, so I can further armor my Large self.

*grabs archy but the collar and shakes him*

TAKE MOUNTED COMBAT AND RIDE ASITUS INTO BATTLE!

Well, gonna do a sun domain warpriest. I've got a build lying around, so it shouldn't take too long to get done.

So we have a paladin, a wizard and maybe a warpriest. We still need some more, hm better get to spreading the word around.

>D What perfect timing. I just got some new books to go through.
In Progress.
Gonna be a striker. Looks like I'm going to be a Marauding Ranger (Martial Power 2)...And it looks to be a Minotaur one at that (PHB 3)

Name: Asteron Gorefist
Race: Minotaur
Class: Ranger
Deity: Kord
Enlightenment: Unaligned

Height: 7'5"
Weight: 350 lbs

STR: 19 (+4)
CON: 16 (+3)
DEX: 12 (+1)
INT: 11 (+0)
WIS: 15 (+2)
CHA: 8 (-1)

HP: 48
Bloodied: 24
Surge value: 12
Surges/Day: 10

AC: 17
Fort: 17
Ref: 15
Will: 14

Racial features

Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Skill Bonuses: +2 Nature, +2 Perception
Vitality
Ferocity
Heedless Charge
Goring Charge

Class Features

Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, +1 Reflex
Class Features: Marauder, Running Attack, Hunter's Quarry

Skills

Athletics (Str) 10
Dungeoneering (Wis) 9
Heal (Wis) 9
Nature (Wis) 11
Perception (Wis) 11

Feats

Two-Weapon Defense (Bonus from Marauder Class Feature)
Lethal Hunter
Far Throw
Manticore's Fury

Powers

At-will:
Marauder's Rush
Throw and Stab

Encounter:
Goring Charge
Hurling Charge
Avenging Charge

Daily:
Skirmishing Stance
Bloody Throw

Utility:
Begin the Hunt (Daily)

Adventurer's Kit
Hide Armor
+1 Lightning Handaxe (Lv5)
+1 Vanguard Battleaxe (Lv3; Adventurer's Vault)
955 gp

We have a minotaur, a centuar, and a doppleganger. Damn this is gonna be one odd-ball ass group.

Hey, if this were 3.5, I'd be playing a Treant again. Besides, they're the weird ones, not me. I'M actually in a PHB.

BTW, I'm TnT, head of Table-Top Tyrants, a group here on Iwaku dedicated to things like DnD. We even have a Source Material thread, which, if you're looking for PDFs of 4E books can be quite helpful.