432 Park Avenue (OOC/Plotting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Shattered♦Secrets™ - Wow! I'm loving the dynamic of the Westwood family. Good job! Accepted.

@MST3K 4ever - Approved. I can see how the lawyer character can be handy and I like the criminal background in his business - even if he himself is a good guy. But still, I need to see what the family drama of your family will be?

@Grace Tesla - Approved. Thank you for putting in more effort into your characters.

@Everyone - I think we have enough characters to get started. I will open the IC and set the stage for everyone. We don't all have to interact right away, but that is the goal, that our characters meet up and form friendships or relationships, or become nemesis.

It is fine by me if you want to include images and music in your posts to add to the ambiance of a place, location and the scene. I actually encourage it, I think it will come across well since some of the characters are musicians. And the places we'll be interacting in are pretty much places our characters work in, live in, and see or visit regularly if not daily. So feel free to add images, but also be descriptive and detail oriented when you post. Just keep in mind that we are writing a story not creating a coloring book.

As for plots we are to work toward our characters goals, and these goals affect all the other characters in their family, and the people in their lives. I think some of you are very clear on the idea that I'm putting down, but if you don't understand and feel stuck ask for my help. I'm here to help and move us forward. One way to look at it is like a big soap opera, there are always happy moments, but also there are secrets and heartbreak, and someone is always plotting something evil against the good guys. Only that in this roleplay your characters are both the good and bad protagonist.

Any questions or ideas here is the place to ask them.

Thank you for the approval. In terms of the drama...well let's just say...that's a secret for the time being that will play out.

@Shattered♦Secrets™ - Wow! I'm loving the dynamic of the Westwood family. Good job! Accepted.
Yeah thanks. I wanted to make a family in an RP for a while now, glad I found this. I think the ones that are going to be the most fun to rp are, Pandora, because she's a ditzy girl, with a heart of gold. She's going to be funny and just wait to you see how she reacts to things xD. Camryne is going to be another one, obviously because a lot of the drama is centered around him. Nikolett, the mother she's the one who really runs things...her personalty...NVM just wait and see how she is xD and it's going to be shown on TV xD. I think all my chars are good and bad in their own ways, even sweet Pandora, but that's going to be showed in the rp. I can't freaking wait xD.

Westwood Note: They Own a condo/building in New York a whole building. So they each have their own home/room in the building...just so you know when I write about it in the rp. Be back later today^^. I will definitely put music in my posts, so the drama in them can be heighten xD.

I am super excited about playing out Laurent (because he's a beautiful, moody up and coming indie artist) and Audrey because sexual discovery and trying to seduce older men is fun. Hugo and Jean Cane are going to be really sad...but I love sadness so I'm uber excited.

Great! I'm writing up the IC, but most likely it will be up tomorrow. I like to write and take a break then comeback and edit with fresh eyes. I will be adding some images of Jo's Park Avenue Penthouse, as I am opening with her. And I am looking for a theme song for our roleplay - suggestions welcome.

Is this RP open to new players? If not, that's fine! :)

Reactions: GoodEveningClarice
Is this RP open to new players? If not, that's fine! :)
It is. Introduce your family for review.

@ Everyone - Theme song. My suggestion is added below, but if you have one of your own post it and we'll vote.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
The Chandler Family

Face Claim:
5423853_d502241480_m.jpeg

Name:
Johnathan James Chandler

Orientation:
heterosexual

Height:
5'11"

Weight:
165 lbs

Profession:
Retired CEO of The Chandler Group

Brief History:
Once upon a time, Johnathan was the biggest and baddest man on the market. He had the charisma, the ambition. He built his company with his bare hands. He worked the majority of his early years to create his mutli-billion dollar company, only spending a brief amount of time to marry and raise a single child. The Chandler Group owns about ninety companies, a few of which are publicly traded. His wife died when he was 59, and it was then that he completely absorbed himself into the company. His stubborn nature prevented him from giving up his company, even when he was diagnosed with cancer at 68 years of age. The chemotherapy stripped his health from him, but he still refused to relinquish his spot as CEO (even though he'd been too sick to attend a single business meeting in over two years). Finally, after extreme pressure from his associates and his family, he allowed his son--Ernest Chandler--to take over the company, much to his displeasure. Never mind that his son is capable. He's a stubborn old man, and things are only made worse by the fact that his son is forcing Johnathan to live in his home. It's either that or a nursing home, and a nursing home is out of the question. He and his son often fight over company decisions often. Johnathan may be stuck in bed most of the time, but he sure as hell is going to keep himself up to date on the state of his company. He believes his son doesn't understand the true challenges of business. When he found out about Isabella's affair, he started using it as a weapon against his son. In regards to his grandchildren, he's surprisingly loving, especially towards his grandsons. He's not entirely sure what to do about his granddaughter except use her behavior as a weapon against his son.

Face Claim:
registr_firm1.jpg

Name:
Ernest John Chandler

Orientation:
heterosexual

Height:
6'0"

Weight:
198 lbs

Profession:
Current CEO of The Chandler Group

Brief History:
By the time Ernest was born, The Chandler Group was already a major company. It still had a ways to go before becoming what it is today, but it was notable in the eyes of the Forbes and various other magazines. He knew from a young age that he would eventually take over his dad's company, though he wasn't sure for a while if he could handle the responsibility. After graduating high school, he declared his major in business administration with a minor in economics/finance. His father was very pleased, though not for long. Ernest did not make the smartest decisions in college; he ended up with a short time in jail for DUI. His father paid for bail but swore on his grave that Ernest would never have the company. But he learned his lesson, and Ernest quickly turned his life around. When he graduated college, he was more than ready for the business world, and he even had a beautiful woman to call his wife. After pleading with his father many times, he was finally allowed to work in the company. He started from the bottom, of course, but he slowly worked his way up to the top. When his father was diagnosed with cancer, Ernest knew his moment had come. It took many years, yes, but his father finally retired, and Ernest was named CEO. Not that his father had much of a choice.
But life isn't just about business, of course. When he married his wife Isabella, he did so to prove to his father that he could be responsible. He loved her, of course, but not quite as much as he should. He was always more wrapped up in the business world and determined to prove himself. They had four beautiful children, and he loved them as well. More so than his wife, admittedly. Isabella expressed feelings of unhappiness many times, but he rather ignored them. He didn't really mean to, but he did. When their eldest daughter Clarissa committed suicide just as she was about to graduate high school, Ernest only retreated farther into his work. Two years later, he discovered that his wife had been having a long time affair with a family friend. Not wanting to make the affair public, he pretended he knew nothing about it and went to his work completely. He has little to no good relationship with his wife now, and he only barely interacts with his children except to tell them how they aren't living up to his expectations--especially their eldest son and youngest daughter.

Image Claim:
lifts.png

Name:
Isabella Grace Chandler

Orientation:
heterosexual

Height:
5'7"

Weight:
147 lbs

Profession:
Art Enthusiast/None

Brief History:
Isabella was born into a middle-class family. She never aspired to be anything too great; she only hoped to marry someone who would love her. That was the teenage dream. When she graduated and went on to college, she studied for a degree in English. She'd hoped to become an English teacher and settle down with a nice man. Then, she met Ernest. He turned her life upside down. At the time, he was charming and seemingly honest. She was swept under his extravagant life as a Chandler. She was enthralled, and she fell in love. Isabella thought it was a dream come true. Ernest was four years older and ready to graduate, so she dropped out of college and said "yes, yes, yes!" when he popped the question the next summer. The two moved to New York, a happy new couple. She became pregnant almost immediately with their oldest son. Less than six months after his birth, she became pregnant again with their daughter. And so on and so forth. Ten years later, she was thirty years old with four kids. Life was good...until her husband started rising in the ranks of the Chandler Group. He became distant, coming home late and waking up early. The two rarely interacted. When they did, he was rushing out the door because he woke up late. Sometimes, she would stay up just to talk to him. He would talk for five minutes maybe before claiming to be tired and going to sleep. Unhappiness swelled within her, and she started interacting more with a family friend of theirs: Eric Charleston. He was rich, about three years younger, and a natural flirt. He also introduced her to the beauty of modern art, which she soon became an advocate of. When her daughter committed suicide, she thought Ernest would be there for her. But he wasn't. Eric was. She didn't mean to, but it happened. And it happened again. And then again. Pretty soon, it was a regular ordeal. She became clumsy one day, and her husband found out. She tried to explain herself, but he said nothing and walked out. He was clearly angry, and she felt only guilty. She thought divorce was surely coming. But it didn't. The affair continued, and she soon realized that their marriage was over. Not officially, but it was. She told her kids, and only Frederick knew why. He reacted angrily, calling her horrible names and then doing the same to Ernest later.

Image Claim:
936full-stephen-amell.jpg

Name:
Frederick James Chandler--prefers to be called James

Orientation:
heterosexual

Height:
6'2"

Weight:
215 lbs

Profession:
New York Socialite/Owner of Chandler Design Co.

Brief History:
At first, Frederick thought he would take over his father's company one day. Then, as he progressed through life, he soon realized it was the last thing he wanted to do. The world was full of opportunities--why not seize them?? As he went through high school, he played the rebel part. He went to parties, drank alcohol, and did some drugs here and there. He was never put in jail, though he was arrested a few times. His father's lawyers made sure of that. Relations with his father became strained then, and it didn't help that he'd started to see the evils of the family business. It consumed his grandfather, and it consumed his father. When he graduated high school, he only went to college for the sake of the girls and the parties. Though he still got his degree in graphic design. His father saw him as a disgrace, and his mother was too wrapped up in her affair and her obsession with art. When his sister committed suicide (when he was a year into college), he was devastated. The two had been best friends. It was there that he decided to turn his life around a little bit, creating his own little company that specialized in creating design labels. He quickly connected with big-time companies that wanted a change in label to match the modern look. When her mother told them about the unofficial end of his parents' marriage, he was disgusted--especially when he found his mother was having an affair. He disappeared for six months after that, only returning to collect his things. He moved into his own penthouse, demanding that his father pay for it. His father consented rather begrudgingly. He's been living with his girlfriend Theresa ever since, visiting his siblings and grandfather as much as possible but never speaking to his parents unless absolutely necessary.

Image Claim:
pretty_girl_with_dirty_blonde_hair_by_catherinedoberva-d8m9122.jpg

Name:
Clarissa Elizabeth Chandler

Age (when deceased):

Brief History:
Clarissa was one of the most inquisitive girls you could meet. She had big dreams and big hopes until she was diagnosed with depressive mood disorder. No medicine seemed to help, and her parents didn't seem to care. They were too wrapped up in themselves. As high school drew on, her depression became worse. She turned to drugs and alcohol just to alleviate the pain. Nothing helped, and only her older brother seemed to be the light in her life. Her younger siblings were too young to understand. But eventually, the depression broke her, and she committed suicide two weeks before graduation. The picture above is still hanging in the Chandler home as a memorial.

Image Claim:
9685924.jpg

Name:
Daniel Ernest Chandler

Orientation:
Bisexual

Height:
6'1"

Weight:
187 lbs

Profession:
College Student

Brief History:
Daniel thought for a long time that his family was perfect. He aspired to be like his father--a businessman with an awesome family. That is, until his sister committed suicide. Daniel was always a bit more emotional than his brother, but they both felt the pain of the loss. When his father didn't come to the funeral because of an "emergency meeting," Daniel started to realize just how broken their family really was. Suddenly, he realized he wanted to be nothing like his father. But instead of turning into a rebel like his older brother when high school came, he only became more determined to prove that the family business wasn't worth it. Instead, he aspired to work in the science field--his one true passion. It was during high school that he also realized that he was bisexual--a battle that he fought for many years before finally accepting it. He went to college with an excellent academic record, declaring his major in genetics. Yep, genetics. He still lives at home simply because his parents refuse to let him live on campus; the university is not that far, after all. He could argue how his father was paying for Frederick to live in a penthouse, but he doesn't care. When he learned of the situation between his parents, it only confirmed his suspicions that their family sucks. He only holds love for his siblings and his grandfather now, and he's only told his little sister about his sexuality.

Image Claim:
large.jpg

Name:
Mariela Jane Chandler

Orientation:
Lesbian

Height:
5'8"

Weight:
127 lbs

Profession:
High School Student

Brief History:
Her father thought Frederick was bad. Mariela turned out to be worse--far worse. She was only eight when her sister died, but she cried like nothing else. She folded into herself and only talked to Daniel. At such a young age and already pulling back, they should have seen the hell coming. When she hit 13, the hell broke loose. She got her dyed with her father's money. She started doing drugs almost immediately when she stepped into the high school, and parties were and still are always her scene. She's her own boss, her own mastermind.
People would be surprised to find out that she's actually smart. She does what she does to get back at her parents while still keeping the grades to get into college later. She's a walking contradiction basically. She goes on thousand-dollar shopping sprees, still using her dad's money. When she was 14, she realized pretty quickly that she held no interest in guys. And trust me, she tried to see if she did. But she didn't. Then when she kissed a girl at a party, everything fell into place. She is a lesbian. When she found out about the situation between her parents, she laughed. She outright laughed and left the room. She came out to her parents pretty damn quickly after that just to get back at them for the mess they had created. She knew they wouldn't kick her out; they had to keep up appearances after all. She hates her father, and she only tolerates her mother. She's indifferent towards her grandfather, though the two surprisingly get along. The only people she truly loves are Daniel and Frederick, though she admittedly has a problem with Frederick since he's always telling her to change her ways.

Last edited:
Suggestion Number 1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

Those are six I was thinking could be the theme of the rp, depending on how it's going to be xD. Just putting them out there lol.

@kimsim12: Approved! Very nice uptight and troublesome family. The Chandlers will fit in well with the rest of the cast.

@Shattered♦Secrets™ : That is an interesting list. I love Delano. But I guess I'm stuck on my choice since I can't get the song out of my head now. LOL We'll have to have a vote, the theme song with the most votes by all will be used.

@kimsim12: Approved! Very nice uptight and troublesome family. The Chandlers will fit in well with the rest of the cast.

@Shattered♦Secrets™ : That is an interesting list. I love Delano. But I guess I'm stuck on my choice since I can't get the song out of my head now. LOL We'll have to have a vote, the theme song with the most votes by all will be used.
Lol, well whatever one wins, as long as this RP gets ready to start...xD. Too excited right now...*goes to watch tv* be back later xD or see you tomorrow.

Awesome! I'm super psyched for this.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Is this still accepting?

The Garrisons

Name: Noel Garrison
Orientation: Asexual
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 170 lbs
Profession: College History Professor
Brief History: Noel grew up in a family of philosophers and educators, so his path was already set for him. His parents home schooled him and provided him with the best possible education, just because they could. They taught him how to keep his body healthy and in shape, but greatly discouraged the joining of sports clubs or organization because they didn't want him to realize any sort of athletic potential and develop a doomed superstar pipe dream. They also kept a tight handle on who he was allowed to interact with, so his social circle was very small and really only consisted of three people and they were all home schooled kids like him. Because of his strict and isolated childhood, Noel never developed any proper social skills and the sexual aspect of his puberty was glossed over. He was given the text book explanation of what was happening to his body, but any developing feelings he had were overlooked. Because of this Noel grew up thinking that the path of life was to be trodden alone and without aid from others. He was extremely nervous around people of the opposite sex and when he entered college his social circle was severely limited because he couldn't connect with other guys when they talked about such things such as girls and sex.

When he graduated from college with a PhD in Historical Studies, Noel got several job offers to many universities, but he decided to travel before he settled down for good. He traveled to many countries for eleven years, mainly African and Asian ones, but he frequented Europe on occasion. His travels broadened his mind and made him more aware of other cultures. At one point he actually considered staying in Seoul, Korea, because he loved their culture and societal structure, but pressure from his family made him return to New York. When he got back home, he took a job at the local community college because traveling to so many third world countries let him see how hard it was for others to get a really good education, and so he wanted a job that was more open to the public. His family greatly disapproved of this idea as they thought that he should get a job at an Ivy League or even an international school, but they supported him financially in his decision anyway.

In his first year as a professor, Noel met Aziza, a bright young woman (and his student) with big dreams and a lust for knowledge. And for him. For some odd reason, Aziza was attracted to Noel and often flirted with him. Her advances went right over his head at first until he was made aware of the fact by another professor who had seen the young woman interact with him. Noel's first thought was to stop the girl immediately and express his disinterest in her, but an idea blossomed in his mind. She was the first girl that liked him (that he knew of) and it was highly unlikely that he would ever meet a girl like her again. So Noel began dating Aziza, an action that caused his parents to become extremely upset with him because he was dating an 'uneducated girl' 19 years his junior. Noel ignored their protest and it was then that his parents and the rest of his family turned their backs on him. But he was fine with that as he was financially stable and he had begun to resent the way his parents raised him anyway.

Noel and Aziza dated for four years before they got engaged, but Noel wouldn't marry her until she got her degree, and when she did, they had a small wedding and a honey moon in Seoul, Korea. They had their first child, Kamilah a year later and Aziza is currently pressuring Noel to have another child.

Name: Aziza Garrison
Orientation: Pansexual
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135 lbs
Profession: Paralegal
Brief History: Aziza inherited her father's mean and ambitious streak. She'd never been a delicate flower and she'd never been very nice. She knew what she wanted and went for it, not caring who got hurt along the way, just as long as she got what she wanted and the status that she thought she deserved.

She was raised in a run down ghetto neighborhood where gangs ran rampant and police put a bullet in any black person that had a nasty look on their face. Her parents never had an faith in her and constantly pushed her to drop out of high school and start working immediately. But she ignored them. She needed a highschool diploma, because she was planning to get into a good college and become a lawyer. But when she graduated from high school, every college that she applied to rejected her and she was forced to enroll in the local community college. This development enraged her. She would never become a popular and sought out lawyer if her future employers saw 'community college' on her resume!

And that was why she married Noel Garrison. It wasn't because she loved him. Or that she had a freakish old people fetish. She married him because he was known. His parents were Ivy League professors and his aunt was a powerful feminist philosopher. Aziza knew that if she got her claws into Noel, that she would get exactly what she deserved.

So she registered for Professor Garrison's Ancient and Medieval History class and played the part of an eager student who just loved loved loved, her professor. She made sure that no one screwed up her plans to. She told everyone of her adoration for the history professor. She even talked to a counselor about student teacher relationships just to plant the seed. She counted on the busy body counselor to blab to the History department head and for him to go running to Noel. Which he did.

Getting Noel to love her was easy. She could tell he was a guy who didn't get a lot of attention, so a few well placed touches and he was sold. They got engaged after four years, but suddenly he put a hitch in her plan.

She didn't count on him wanting her to get her degree first. Law school took a hell of a lot of time, and she couldn't wait that long. She needed to snare him right then and there. So she changed her major to paralegal studies, graduated and got hitched.

Having children wasn't really her dream, but she knew that Noel liked them and a child or two would keep him in her grasp longer. So they had a kid a year later, but Aziza wasn't satisfied. Just one kid wasn't enough, especially since Noel's parents who had turned their backs on him were starting to sniff around after they got wind of grandchildren.

No, Aziza needed at least two kids to hold Noel under her thumb and trap his parents too.

Name: Kamilah Garrison
Height: 32.5 inches
Weight: 24 pounds
Brief History: Kamilah just turned one and enjoys her life. She spends more time with her daddy than her mommy, and she doesn't mind because her daddy is so nice, but sometimes her mommy is scary and doesn't hug or kiss her much.

Name: Zainab Shakira Garrison (nee Owens)
*His biological gender is unknown to Aziza at first until she goes to change his last name and finds out.
Orientation: Gay
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 135 lbs
Profession: High School Student / Aspiring Actor
Brief History: Zainab was born Zander Shaquille Owens, but it became apparent when he was old enough to speak, that he did not see himself as a male. This was most likely due to being raised around females and by females. His mother, Tia, didn't mind her son's choice and supported him in it.
However, she soon sent him away when he started acting out at school and trying to gain attention through dangerous stunts. The reason for this being that he had decided at the age of ten, that he was going to become a movie star. However due to his environment and his difficulty in school, he decided to start trying to catch the attention of others (preferably an agent's) to get where he wanted to go. In the beginning, all he did was strut through the school hallways and create music videos with his friends, but since that didn't get him much attention he started doing more dangerous things like strutting through the streets and attracting the attention of males and videotaping their reaction when he revealed that he was male as well. He got the idea to do this from watching various prank videos and tv shows, but neglected to notice how a lot of those pranks were rigged and if they weren't the pranksters got the shit beat out of them for messing with people. His mother sought the help of his recently released from prison father, but his grandmother stepped in and had him sent to New York 'for his own good'.

Last edited:
@Polystical Approved! I have to be honest I only scan through verry quickly, but I trust you since we've already RP together even if very briefly. I'm sure I'll love it tomorrow with fresh (rested) eyes.

The IC is up - link on first page.

432 Park Avenue is pretty much at the center of our roleplay, and for plot idea, I thought some of the stinky wealthy families in our roleplay can have, at the very least, one family member living in the building. I also though we can use the building for the reality TV family - maybe Big Boss purchased one of the luxurious penthouse condos to keep the cameras and paparazzi away from his sanctuary - a man is the king of his castle after all. I can see it becoming BIG drama for the other more private residence in the building.

@Polystical Approved! I have to be honest I only scan through verry quickly, but I trust you since we've already RP together even if very briefly. I'm sure I'll love it tomorrow with fresh (rested) eyes.

The IC is up - link on first page.

432 Park Avenue is pretty much at the center of our roleplay, and for plot idea, I thought some of the stinky wealthy families in our roleplay can have, at the very least, one family member living in the building. I also though we can use the building for the reality TV family - maybe Big Boss purchased one of the luxurious penthouse condos to keep the cameras and paparazzi away from his sanctuary - a man is the king of his castle after all. I can see it becoming BIG drama for the other more private residence in the building.
That's actually a great idea, lol I was going to have in the first post Barry "Big Boss" negotiating with the tv producers about where the show was going to be. He agreed for the show, just not in his home xD. It will look like it's where they live, but it's not. Reality TV is never "REAL"ity xD.

Reactions: Ex Machina
@Shinegizmo
Is it okay if I add another member to my family?

@Shinegizmo
Is it okay if I add another member to my family?
Yes, loved your family, that baby is super cute.

That's actually a great idea, lol I was going to have in the first post Barry "Big Boss" negotiating with the tv producers about where the show was going to be. He agreed for the show, just not in his home xD. It will look like it's where they live, but it's not. Reality TV is never "REAL"ity xD.
Perfect.:bananaman:

Status
Not open for further replies.