403 Forbidden error

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by OrlandoBloomers, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heya! So, basically I live in Ireland and I'm not sure what'd cause this but I seem to be getting a lot of the following when I try to load up the site lately:

I've been able to get around it by using a VPN to browse from the US, but it's more a temporary fix than anything so I figured I'd ask if there's anything that can be done here. Thanks in advance!
  2. @jared555

You're prolly getting caught by one of the filters, I have summoned the mighty Jared!
    • Thank Thank x 1
  3. Please message me with your real IP ( whatismyip.com will give it to you)
  4. I have this problem too - I can hardly get online :(
  5. I just had it happen as well. =/
  6. This happened to me yesterday and today as well.
  7. So for me it only happens when I am using my Wi-Fi, not my mobile data. It's a new provider for me and the first time I've run into the problem.
  8. Is it always specific pages / actions?
  9. For me, no. It just randomly happens and then doesn't stop until I do a hard reset on my modem.
  10. Whenever I try to do anything. I can't move past the homepage.
  11. I have changed a few configuration settings. Let me know if the issue is resolved.

If not, get your IP address BEFORE restarting your router/modem and send it to me privately. I need the IP that is failing to be able to look up logs.
    • Thank Thank x 3
  12. So far everything's been working out fine. I think my internet might be the issue because I've had a lot of problems with other websites as well.
  13. Having 403 problems again. I assume it's cause of the update.
  14. Please send me your current IP
  15. Never mind. Looks like you accidentally triggered the server's protection with too many connections which causes a 5 minute temp ban.

There is no punishment for doing this, just be careful.
  16. O.o Weird, but I think I know what's going on. Must go delete my info from my old laptop. Thanks for letting me know.
  17. Usually it is just because of opening a ton of tabs all at once. Occasionally browsing on 2-3 devices will do it but it doesn't happen too often (Diana's household never got caught by it)
  18. I'm also having this problem. And now I can't access the site from my computer (currently using my phone).

Which is weird, cuz I was only lazily poking around the site when it came back up. I don't think I opened a ton of tabs. O.o Pretty sure I have opened several tabs at once quite a few times before, and I never ran into this problem...
  19. Well I was going to say that it was fixed now (since I was able to get on from my comp just a second ago), but then I tried to access the group RP signups forum (which was the thread that first got weird the last time), and then it locked me out again...

So I think it might have something to do with that specific page. :/
  20. The tags under thread titles might be the issue, so I have turned that off for now to see. O_O
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.