4.2.0 BUG REPORT THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I paste a text to the quick reply writing space to post a rp post, it always come out wrong, another space added between paragraphs and spaces removed between some words, could you tell me why is that? It's annoying :(...

[MENTION=2851]Artsydaze[/MENTION]
What sort of writing program are you using before you copy & paste into the quick reply box?

*scolds Ocha for staffing after she's retired*

Also do you have the writing tools enabled in your user settings?

Can you link us to an example post?

I use OpenOffice, I never knew there was such a thing as writing tools enabling in the user settings, I'll go chock it out!

I had advanced, I tried and changed it to standard, I hope it'll work!

I dunno If I have reported this before, but spoiler tags don't work for me on firefox browser.

No they are fine in using, but when I'm reading pages. I press on the expand button for the spoilers, but it just doesn't expand, the mouse doesn't even register anything to press.

So, I'm using a Samsung galaxy tab 2. I'm running ICS and Perfect Keyboard pro.
When I'm on the full site, typing into a dialogue box, my sentences suffer. It only shows the first letter of each word, separated by spaces.
So the sentence
"I am having typing issues."
Turns into
"I a h t i."
This is odd and I'm not sure what causes it.

Another issue I have is on the mobile site. While I don't have the typing issue, I can't send private messages to people from their profiles. There simply isn't a link to send private messages.

While on the new Ipad, I was trying to write something and when I 'posted' it only showed like a sentence and not the whole thing. Also, I can see the Cbox and what people are writing but there isn't anywhere that let me log in and talk in it. But this is only in the Ipad.

@Vanille

As a fellow iPad user I've never had a problem of typing up everything and then not having it post, though I've experienced "lag typing" where I'll type and its taken a while for the words to show up. Usually I've just gone to another tab then returned to the forum and continued.

The chat issue is a known problem and I believe will be addressed when the proper mobile app is finally up.

@Vanille

As a fellow iPad user I've never had a problem of typing up everything and then not having it post, though I've experienced "lag typing" where I'll type and its taken a while for the words to show up. Usually I've just gone to another tab then returned to the forum and continued.

The chat issue is a known problem and I believe will be addressed when the proper mobile app is finally up.

Thank you for replying back. Now that you mention it, I tried typing, and indeed it does lag. I'll be waiting for the app then, I was just a bit curious as to why it wasn't working. I have my guess that it is because of Adobe, but who knows? It could be anything.

I'm not sure if this is an issue or just because of the site being to busy, but I've been getting a lot of message saying the 'server is to busy, please try again later'. It happens every ten minutes or so, and I manage to log off and log back on. Once I do that, the message goes away, so I continue for another 10-15 minutes before the same message pops up.

The Notifications thing in the corner says I have one subscribed thread with new posts, but every time I click on it, there definitely isn't any such thing. Refreshing the page and manually marking the sections as read don't do anything.

I got the same problem as Lstorm when viewing the Rant thread, as well. o___o

I've looked in the source code for both pages. There is nothing about heresy-online in either of them but I remember having the same problem once or twice a long time ago.

I'd recommend doing the usual checks, clear cache, make sure you have no malware or anything.

I already fixed it. It's when someone has an adoptable in their signature and that site goes down. >> So I clear the offending signatures when I find them...

This only started today and I don't know if it's because of the recent server update or what, but for some reason, spoiler tags won't show when I click them.
Hide tags work fine though.. If it helps any, I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser..

Status
Not open for further replies.