30th Anniversary of the Chernobyl Disaster

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by SlamifiedBuddafied, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Like Like x 1
  1. Nuclear power is probably the safest form of power; while what happened in Chernobyl was a horrific disaster that irradiated the land for literally tens of thousands of years, it's worth noting that that was largely thanks to substandard engineering and operational incompetence rather than indicative of nuclear energy as a whole. If nuclear power was unsafe, we'd have had a lot more than a single tragedy to commemorate after roughly a half century of use.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Time for my yearly play through of STALKER.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Blowout soon, fellow stalker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. I don't feel nuclear power is unsafe, but has the potential for a repeat disaster. But yes, I agree the disaster was more because of human error. I simply feel that it is dangerous given the wrong circumstances. But for the most part, we're doing pretty good so far seeing that (citing Google) there are 438 reactors operating or ready to operate in the world. We've come along way but never should forget how costly a single mistake may be. Then again, advancement comes at a price right?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hmmmm, I should do the same. Though it's been about two years for me.

6. Can't make an omelette without first creating a bunch of horrifically irradiated wildlife.

• Love Love x 1
  7. If only Chernobyl and Fukishima were as badass as fiction said.

Man needs a new frontier full of monstrosities and lucrative opportunities to make bank.

8. Yeah, we already banked out on nuclear meltdowns, zombies, Nazi's, Zombie Nazi's, giant monsters, nuclear meltdowns which caused Zombie Nazi's, the Christian Judgement Day, robot Judgement Day, Stephen King, impacts from celestial bodies, aliens in every manner possible in fiction and rogue artificial intelligence. I'm sure there are a few other things. Some of which haven't actually happened.

What we need is a good old fashioned extinction level event times ten.
    Like the Theia Impact.

• Nice execution! Nice execution! x 1
  9. [​IMG]

I don't know.

I can totally do without Librarians.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I will give you five boolets to stare librarian in face and say "I am not paying of your late fee."

11. And bad Soviet engineering. A lot of bad Soviet engineering.

12. This^

Also, We should't take Soviet built, old shit as the factory standard as it were. Also, maybe building them around Fault lines isn't the wisest.

Looking at you Japan

13. I don't know about this thread...
    Don't you think a thread making light of Chernobyl is going to be rather... explosive? :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.