5. Adept
  6. Advanced
  7. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Romance is a big plus for me, but I can be pretty adaptable
Okay, so as the title says I have 3 different RP ideas in my head that have been baking for a while. To be honest, each of them have been in my head for varied times, and thus their amount of development sorta reflects that, but I don't want to abandon any one of them; obviously the less developed ones are more open to being built on, but either way I wanted to send them out for some feedback while my currently active Chuunibyou RP is in a short recruitment period in order to see if any of them can also take root and bloom here. Essentially I'm going to run this Interest Check thread kinda like a poll, but you're not restricted to voting for a single RP, just let me know whichever ones you're interested in if applicable :3 I'm not using an actual poll in the thread settings because if I set it to multiple choices aloud I'm afraid it'll allow people to place multiple votes on the same option and I'd rather not get trolled or anything as I am trying to see if anyone is seriously interested. Just as a warning though, all three would be using anime style settings and faceclaims as that is how I personally prefer to RP, so if that doesn't interest you then I'm sorry :(

Anyways, two of the RPs already have names, whereas one of them is still open to a name so I'll come up with a placemark phrase for it, but here they are for convenience (semi-detailed descriptions for each will be placed below the list of names):

1. Hyperdimension Neptunia; User's Edition (most developed RP)
2. Modern Tokyo Heroes (name open one)
3. Beast Inside (most recently created idea)

Now for descriptions...

1. HDN; UE is an RP I came up with a while back and attempted to start on Facebook, but due to getting increasingly busy as well as an issue I discovered in myself that I tend to work harder for RPs that already have people invested and interested it ended up getting nowhere. Naturally if it picks up here that won't happen (and I can even possibly drag the other 2 people who were working on it with me into it here), but essentially it's a spin-off from the Hyperdimension Neptunia Game and Anime series. The RP would take place in an alternate dimension to that of the original series (which is actually a common element within the original series) except this alternate dimension functions a bit more like our own and originally was rather peaceful, until a certain incident happened in the past involving a villain from the original series that left the world in a state of constant insecurity; what with monsters now randomly spawning all over the place and the big reveal of the various secret societies of magic that had long existed behind closed doors. The main story would follow high school and junior high school students that grew up in this environment and are training to survive in it, some of which might have mysterious connections to the Goddesses of the HDN series. More details can be explained upon request, but if the idea picks up here it'll all be put up in the OOC anyways. This would primarily be a super power/school/action/fantasy/magic/magical realism/fandom(?)/romance(?) kinda RP; medium sized or larger depending

2. Modern Tokyo Heroes (open to a better name) is an original idea that takes it's roots from an old RP I used to be a part of. The original RP was a little bit all over the place and didn't survive for long, but after flipping through the character profiles I was reminded of my fondness for especially one character from it that I didn't even get to use, so now I want to make a small RP centering around this character. He's essentially a guy in his mid-20's living in Tokyo who's a vigilante hero/crime fighter at night using martial arts and special pyro abilities he was born with. The character will occasionally transform into a semi-loli girl however, which is a secret he hides with all his might. The story would essentially center around him and a few other characters, primarily one dedicated heroine that, due to circumstance, gets tied up in his business and is at great risk of discovering the secret that is his gender swapping along with his secret identity/true identity. Kind of a super power/martial arts/modern/romantic comedy type of RP; small sized preferably

3. Finally, Beast Inside is an idea that I came up with during the past few days, but I'm really into. My inspiration for this draws mostly from Naruto, primarily with my fascination in his 9 Tailed Fox berserk moments, and the lyrics from a parody song based on Maroon 5's Demons which is titled Dragons, by Nathan Sharp (aka Natewantstobattle). If you're unfamiliar with the song, I have a link to it here. Essentially this is meant to be an RP with an abundance of somewhat OP characters and one UP character (mine) who sporadically has intense mega-OP moments. I imagine this being set in a fantasy world where magic is kinda semi-common in the sense that certain people can use it while certain people can't, and though it is a powerful driving force there are still people that are powerful enough without it who can match up to those with it. Being a fantasy world this could include different races if anyone wants, but it's not a huge necessity to the story either. I have some plot background for the area around where my character lives; essentially there was an incident where a berserk dragon threatened to destroy a town and after a long and grueling struggle the monster was finally slain, but it was discovered that it would not stay down. To keep it more original I could say that the beast was already bound to a person and that the person themselves had lost control and gone berserk and that killing him would set the real dragon free, but either way they would have to take the corrupted dragon core and seal it within a child with the necessary amount of energy to hold it at bay for years to come. In the setting I chose to use the word Ether as the title for magical energy/ability instead of something like chakra (for the copywright) or mana (which is grossly overused). This kid would come to grow up as an outcast, but be able to gain a few friends as he grew up to the start of the RP by proving that he wasn't really a threat. These friends would obviously be OP in comparison to him and try to look over and protect him along their adventures, and one would possibly be a love interest or something. I have more to elaborate on, as I do with the other RPs, but I've already grossly over-typed on this one so I'll leave it like this for now. It'd be a fantasy/super power/martial arts/action/adventure/romance(?); small to medium sized preferably

If you've read up to this point I thank you for your perseverance. Please give me your comments or thoughts on these RP ideas and let me know if you're interested, have questions, want to here more about one, or have any good suggestions for my less developed ideas ^-^ Also, do check out my Chuunibyou RP if the idea interests you :D All of these RPs have an intermediate posting level minimum btw

chakra (for the copywright)

Uh... Chakra's kind of a Buddhism thing. Not a Naruto thing. Use it away.

2. Modern Tokyo Heroes (open to a better name) is an original idea that takes it's roots from an old RP I used to be a part of. The original RP was a little bit all over the place and didn't survive for long, but after flipping through the character profiles I was reminded of my fondness for especially one character from it that I didn't even get to use, so now I want to make a small RP centering around this character. He's essentially a guy in his mid-20's living in Tokyo who's a vigilante hero/crime fighter at night using martial arts and special pyro abilities he was born with. The character will occasionally transform into a semi-loli girl however, which is a secret he hides with all his might. The story would essentially center around him and a few other characters, primarily one dedicated heroine that, due to circumstance, gets tied up in his business and is at great risk of discovering the secret that is his gender swapping along with his secret identity/true identity. Kind of a super power/martial arts/modern/romantic comedy type of RP; small sized preferably

Superheroes/Pseudosuperheroes/Superheroics, I'm charmed by simplicity and potential hijinks.

Also, do check out my Chuunibyou RP if the idea interests you

I know, I'm juggling RPs right now and prioritizing the ones with shorter application skeletons. Sorry bud. I'll jump right bach.

@Crow Oh I didn't mean legal copywrite, more along the lines of viewer judged copywrite; people would believe that saying chakra is used for special abilities combined with that backstory would make it way too similar to Naruto.

Anyways, are you saying that you'd be interested in the superhero one? And thanks for letting me know your situation in reference to Inside Identity. That one needed a lot of info for characters I know, but these ones typically won't need as much

people would believe that saying chakra is used for special abilities combined with that backstory would make it way too similar to Naruto.

I once lived in an era where people would automatically think any reference to a nine-tailed fox was a Naruto ripoff.

Grim times.

I once lived in an era where people would automatically think any reference to a nine-tailed fox was a Naruto ripoff.

Grim times.
lol XD I myself am still a little afraid do stuff like that because of that very reason. So were you interested in that hero one?

So were you interested in that hero one?

Yes I am.

Lots of flexibility leads to a great deal of choices and decisions and the like. Wonder what kind of character I'll play.

Yes I am.

Lots of flexibility leads to a great deal of choices and decisions and the like. Wonder what kind of character I'll play.
ah, well before you start making any solid charaacters, I just want to make sure it's known that that RP in particular is meant to have very few characters in it and mostly NPCs to fill in the rest. What I'd be looking for in essence would be the heroine character (she could be another attempted hero person or even just someone my character knows from working at a grocery store), and possibly just a few others that my character interacts with on a regular basis; maybe an police chief or a frequently seen officer, a coworker or even some other hero-type people he often partners up with. At the most maybe an evil organization can exist to keep things interesting, but the story is meant to focus more around the relationship between my character and the heroine and the risk of her or others finding out about his condition.

the heroine character (she could be another attempted hero person or even just someone my character knows from working at a grocery store)
some other hero-type people he often partners up with

I'm most interested in these roles. If multiple characters are allowed, I'll definitely take a coworker too.

Your character uses fire... so I presume you'd prefer the heroine character to use something leaning towards the opposite?

I'm most interested in these roles. If multiple characters are allowed, I'll definitely take a coworker too.

Your character uses fire... so I presume you'd prefer the heroine character to use something leaning towards the opposite?
there's a funny thing about his powers that I didn't elaborate on because I didn't want the post to be too long: whenever he goes into "loli form", those powers of fire actually flip and become powers of ice. I'm not just coming up with this on the spot to make it harder on you either, this was an already fully developed character long before posting this. He's supposed to be one of just a few rare handfuls of people in the whole world born with unique powers like this. I totally don't mind the heroine also being a person with special powers (I think it'd allow for her involvement to definitely be more active), but I definitely had to make that point known in case it influences how your character gets made.

I also want to mention that the way I had imagined it was that, in the event the heroine is another super, the girl would be either someone new to my character that he ended up having to help out and for one reason or another she ends up being at his home when he wakes up (most likely in loli form), or someone he already knows from work who only recently awakens to powers but ends up following a similar route as mentioned earlier. I should also mention that my character is half Chinese (the RP takes place in Japan like most of mine do) and that he lived in China until he moved to Japan at 18, about 5 years prior to the start of the RP.

So I've been thinking @Crow, since the superhero type one would be set in modern day Tokyo we could have the Yakuza be a primary antagonist; maybe with a few members also possessing superpowers which could even open spaces for some sub-characters. You were still interested in joining that RP right?

Also, do you think I'd be more likely to attract interest to these RPs if I created 3 individual Interest Checks and named them accordingly to the plot, and maybe even cover a bit more info for them? I feel like a thread's name might play a big part in how much attention is payed to it, what do you think?

So I've been thinking @Crow, since the superhero type one would be set in modern day Tokyo we could have the Yakuza be a primary antagonist; maybe with a few members also possessing superpowers which could even open spaces for some sub-characters. You were still interested in joining that RP right?

Well, mafia-esque antagonists are intriguing due to how they're not full-on evil and the like and actually bring up some pretty nice interactions.

I think changing antagonists or expanding antagonist casts are nicer, though. Maybe from time to time an antagonist could become an ally, whether it be temporary or permanent. The Yakuza has a lot of potential to be temporary allies with a sense of honour.

Also, do you think I'd be more likely to attract interest to these RPs if I created 3 individual Interest Checks and named them accordingly to the plot, and maybe even cover a bit more info for them? I feel like a thread's name might play a big part in how much attention is payed to it, what do you think?

Yes it would, but if I were you I'd make interest checks for just two.

Well, mafia-esque antagonists are intriguing due to how they're not full-on evil and the like and actually bring up some pretty nice interactions.

I think changing antagonists or expanding antagonist casts are nicer, though. Maybe from time to time an antagonist could become an ally, whether it be temporary or permanent. The Yakuza has a lot of potential to be temporary allies with a sense of honour.
yeah, I was thinking along those lines too

Yes it would, but if I were you I'd make interest checks for just two.
Okay then, which two do you see having the most promise atm? I might also add that I was thinking of Beast Inside having a setup of guilds or legions and the main characters trying to join one, but whether or not they succeed they eventually attract the attention of an underground group planning to overthrow the major government officials that run illegal human experimentation groups to create immensely powerful "perfect warriors"

In general, I think original RPs attract more than fandom RPs, but if you're confident in a Neptunia RP, by all means

I might also add that I was thinking of Beast Inside having a setup of guilds or legions and the main characters trying to join one, but whether or not they succeed they eventually attract the attention of an underground group planning to overthrow the major government officials that run illegal human experimentation groups to create immensely powerful "perfect warriors"

That will attract more people, seeing that a fair deal of fantasy fairgoers are interested in such.

In general, I think original RPs attract more than fandom RPs, but if you're confident in a Neptunia RP, by all means

That will attract more people, seeing that a fair deal of fantasy fairgoers are interested in such.
In that case do you want to just set up the superhero one as a 1x1 to start and just leave it with open signups since sometimes people only join after seeing the OOC? That would allow me to fish for people interested in the ones designed to be bigger, and that one was initially designed for a much smaller group anyways so it'd still work out :)

I think I'd prefer the Superhero one to be a Group RP.

I think I'd prefer the Superhero one to be a Group RP.
Yeah, what I meant was to set up the OOC with open signups, and wait until another person joins up before really getting too far into the IC. About half of the current members of Inside Identity signed up after the OOC was established, so I think we can attract another person or two after it goes up since people seem to check around that section more than this one, likely because it shows that plans for an RP are more solid or something.

@Crow does that sound alright?

Yes it does. Go ahead.

Yes it does. Go ahead.
Okay. Before I do though, do you have any ideas for a title for the RP? It's the major point I'm struggling with.

Okay. Before I do though, do you have any ideas for a title for the RP? It's the major point I'm struggling with.

Two choices

1. Go with the title you suggested - Tokyo Modern Heroes, or maybe just Tokyo Heroes.
2. Go with an LN-tier title, if you want this to give an LN vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.