28 HOURS LATER

The psycho's plummet, and consequently the bar-keep's fall, was emphasized with a crash that coukdn't have been any louder. Antoinette, grabbed a shovel from the garden and pointed the handle towards the owner.

"Shit, that was cacophonous." A little shake of the arm to suggest the man grab on for assistance.

The fall seemed real enough, but that tied man couldn't be trusted. Looking around, and hearing the growing rumble of dozens of angry moans and screeches, Antoinette was suddenly very afraid.

Peter's words did little to comfort Katrina; his bloody smile and nervous laugh added to her anxiety. She sensed the tense atmosphere and heard the Infected outside, but she nodded all the same and did as she was told. But Katrina isn't stupid. She keeps herself away from the crazy man, sticking close to Peter and Antionette.

Through the grass and trees they went, the cover made the little girl feel better. For every step that the adults took, Katrina had to take three to keep up. If this was just a walk in the park, she would have complained to her mother. The thought made her chest constrict painfully.

No complaining here. She'd be a good girl - keep quiet and she'd be safe. But hearing the fall of her group caused Katrina to squeal in surprise. Her hands frantically covered her mouth to kill the sound, no doubt anyone nearby would have heard that. As everyone helped the crazy man and landlord up, Katrina's eyes were looking around, just in case.

I take a look back. Leaving this well for me it was like leaving the last bit of reality behind. The final nail in the coffin that my old life would never return. The little girls up front. The crazy mans in front of me. He must not have been paying attention his steps were clumsy, I had just enough time to wonder what was he thinking when down he went. No enough time, and down I go as well. I can't tell if he did it on purpose but the others are here to help. A scream. It's quickly silenced, but we'd be in for it if any of those things heard it. "You better watch it, if that was on purpose you should know what'll happen if you get left out here."