CHARP LOGS 27 Prophecies (Charp Series Logs)

Zarko Straadi

Edgesquire
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk

• Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE 27 PROPHECIES CHARP!

Today at 11:56 AM

• Diana:

[H3] RECURRING - 27 Prophecies - Tuesday March 8th @ 2pm to 5pm Central [/H3]

27 PROPHESIES 2022-03-08T14:00:00-6 In a small podunk tavern out in the middle of nowhere, a haphazard group of strangers unwittingly bear witness to a prophecy coming true. In fact, it's one of 27 prophecies heralding the end of the world. Will anyone realize what they've seen? Will they...

www.iwakuroleplay.com
    www.iwakuroleplay.com

Today at 11:57 AM

• Diana:
    This is a high fantasy setting, where a cast of characters get wrapped up in 27 prophecies that herald the end of the world.

• Diana:
    TYPE FAST, TYPE BRIEF! This is a real time roleplay, so you don't want to be too slow or too wordy. Try to keep posts to 10 sentences or less so nobody misses out on action or details!

• Diana:
    HOT TIP: Write your character name in every post. That way we know what character you're playing - especially if you're playing multiples! You can also use bbcode color to help your posts stand out.

Today at 11:58 AM

• Diana:
    Game Master and Narration posts appear in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding you to what to do next in the story.

• Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY! If you get confused or have any questions I'm in the main chat room to help!

• Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)

• Diana:
    Deep in the woods lies a tavern called The Lackadaisy Lizard and it is, by most tavern standards a real hole in the wall dump. At least there's a big roaring fire, the tables are good solid wood, and the food is edible. A few regulars from the village far down the road were sitting at their usual places, along with a couple of strangers all enjoying the music of a traveling bard.

Today at 12:40 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Shara slipped inside, glad to be out of the elements, and took a quick read of the place. Nobody looked especially dangerous, or especially ripe for pickpocketing. If anything, it looked to be an especially quiet night in an exceptionally quiet tavern, in an exceptionally out-of-the-way area of woods, meadows, and scattered farming villages. Shara picked out a table not too far from the back entrance where she could keep her back to the wall. With a tired groan, she eased out of her backpack, slid out a chair, and settled in.

Today at 1:00 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon "Seven" Falcon was not one to wonder loosely into taverns, unless he had a good reason too. He did have a very good reason though, he was flat fucking broke and in need of some money. When it came to gifts, the man was a master of illusions, a street magician if you will. Though very few could see through his tricks and when they did, well, he usually had their gold. " In, out, in out, Don't get roped into something you can't get out of," he mumbled as he entered the tavern.

Today at 1:03 PM

• Diana:
    A busty lizard barmaid with a delightful personality was bustling around filling up mugs. "Ssssthomthing to drink miisssth?" She leaned over Shara's table to ask. A big loaf of bread popped out of her corset and fell on the table. How embarrassing!

Today at 1:06 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Shara's sharp ears caught the guy's words. She wondered what that might be about, but the lizard barkeep pulled her thoughts away. "Uh..." she said, trying to keep from laughing. The lizard lady was actually quite fascinating--Shara had never seen a lizard-person up close before--her eyes were like gemstones, and there was a pretty sheen to her scales. "Do you have...any juices?" she managed. "And..." despite having been worn as a fashion accessory, that loaf of bread was rather tempting in Shara's current state. "something to eat? Like stew, or, uh, bread?"

Today at 1:12 PM

• Diana:
    Well, there was clearly bread! The lizard barmaid slid the loaf over to Shara. "Juiccccthes? Yesth, yesth. Apple is good? I will bring you a deliciousssth ssthew asth well!" She then bustled over to the young man that wandering in as well. "Ssssssthomthing for you, ssthir?"

Today at 1:15 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Shara hadn't expected to receive that particular loaf! At least reptiles don't sweat, she thought, picking up the loaf to dust it off. She'd had worse victuals during her adventure thus far. And if need be, she could use its origin as a basis to haggle down the price...

Today at 1:22 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon would sit down next to Shara and look at the breat. " Do you mind sharing that bread?" He asked.

Today at 1:29 PM

• Diana:
    A loud pop and crackle from the fireplace might've sent the wary and nervous into a start, but otherwise glowed comfortingly warm. Assuming the man would also require an Apple Juice, the lopsided busty lizard barmaid bustled off to get the order of food. Despite being a busy night in the tavern a hush seemed to fall over the room. Quiet voices, murmuring quiet conversations as a bard in the corner strummed a casual song.

Today at 1:33 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Not if you'll share the price," Shara replied. She moved aside to make room and placed her pack on the other side of her chair from the guy. She took a knife and cut the loaf in half, shoving one half toward him. The loud pop from the fireplace made her flinch a little, but she kept her attention mostly on the man, but didn't let anyone else out of her peripheral vision either. "So...you live around here?"

Today at 1:37 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon raised the most confused eyebrow. " Okay, I guess, thanks," he replied back to her, as he would munch on the bread. " No, just passing through."

Today at 1:42 PM

• Diana:
    It only took a moment for the lizard barmaid to return (she'd rebalanced her bready bust by now), setting a hefty bowl of stew in front of Shara and two big warm mugs of apple cider in front of the pair. "Enjoy!" she chirped and bustled off. Shortly after, Devon's munching gave him a painful CRONCH. What was that in his mouth?! A piece of bone?!

Today at 1:46 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon would do what person would do when they bit into bone. He would spit it out and look at the piece of bread.

Today at 1:48 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Shara gave a quizzical look. There hadn't been any problems with her bread thus far, but she decided she'd be a bit more careful about eating big bites. But wouldn't the baking and the cooking of meat be done more...separately? she thought, leaning over to get a closer look at that bone, to make sure it belonged to a chicken or something else that belonged in a kitchen.

Today at 1:53 PM

• Diana:
    The hard piece of bone landed on the table with a cli-CLINK! And for a second it just lay there, inert. But with a another pop and crack of the fire, little legs sprung out along it's sides. Hundreds of little tiny legs! It scuttled all over the table!

Today at 1:57 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon just stared for a moment as the thing would move along the table at a speed. He would pull what looked like a small piece of paper out of his bag and make it look like the thing to see what it did

Today at 2:03 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Wha?" Shara exclaimed, suddenly regretting having eaten any of the bread. She twirled the knife in her hand so she could have it ready to pound the creature with the pommel if necessary. "Oi! Innkeep!" Then the guy took out a piece of paper, and by means she didn't quite see, appeared to turn it into another one of the things. She pulled back from the table, careful to stay out of the man's reach. Is he messing with me? she thought. Even if both creatures were conjurations of his magic, she wasn't taking any chances of them being able to jump or shoot venom or otherwise attack.

Today at 2:09 PM

• Diana:
    The tiny creature opened up a tiny mouth filled with dozens of sharp looking teeths. Luckily it was so small, it couldn't hurt too badly if it bit someone... but when it screeched, a high pitched squeeled, chaos erupted in the inn! Several other tavern guests jumped up from their tables shouting as the bone creature things came crawling out of their meals. ...more ominously, a few patrons grabbed their stomachs looking not so good.

Today at 2:12 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon couldn't tell what he was more disappointed by, the fact that he had found trouble in this small tavern, the fact the thing didn't care for his illusion or that he didn't have any excuse to not fight it. He would pull what looked like a kid's toy( actually a sword) and stab the thing on the table

Today at 2:16 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Shara jumped to her feet, reaching under her cloak to draw her sword with a flourish. Her stomach churned at the thought of having such creatures inside her. The guy pulled out a sword so small it looked like a toy at first, and stabbed at the creature. I'd better not take any chances, she thought, backing against the wall. She crouched, did a quick situational-awareness check, then turned her head, leaned over, and stuck her finger down her throat to throw up what she'd eaten, in case there were more of those things in there, or eggs.

Today at 2:21 PM

• Diana:
    Where creating a copy of the creature made it screech for it's companions, being attacked seemed to be an even worse move! A chorus of screeches echoed through-out the room and dozens, hundreds of them came scuttling from their hiding places to come after Devon. Other than a few patrons now throwing up a few extra of the beasts, they had no interest in attacking anyone else. Devon was their mortal enemy. One seemed to clutch a toothpick with a flame on each end in it's mouth.

Today at 2:26 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Shara wiped her mouth with a napkin, then washed her mouth out with some of the cider and spat it out. These creatures...they work together... she thought. "Run, mister!" she said to Devon, then glanced at the other patrons to see if they were alright.

Today at 2:32 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Spotting the one with the flaming toothpick, Shara wondered, are they smart like people? The fact that they seemed to be only attacking someone who attacked one of them first gave her pause.

Today at 2:37 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon stared at the creatures and the flames and would continue his options. There was always the tricks that his grandmother taught him as he moved his hand and pulled a bucket full of water from his bag and tossed it at the things.

Today at 2:38 PM

• Diana:
    Now the little bone beasties were wet and assuming Devon was trying to drown them. They were surrounded Devon trying to crawl up his shoes and under his pantlegs, some even trying to chew right through the leather and the fabric. The poor lizard bar maid was crying her tearsssthhh behind the bar as her bready breasts had abandoned her to become the little creatures as well. The other patrons fled the tavern!

Today at 2:42 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon closed his eyes and made illusions of himself around the room as he shook off the creature from his leg and shoes. " Really starting to hate these things," he mumbled as he focused on making something really fast. It was what could only be percieved as a giant version of a dog.

Today at 2:46 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Shara sheathed her sword. It wasn't the best weapon for this sort of situation. She grabbed her pack and shouldered into one of the straps. She blinked in surprise at the appearance of several more versions of the man, and a giant scary dog. Whoa! His magical abilities were certainly way beyond hers. Should I try to help him? How?

Today at 2:51 PM

• Diana:
    The multiple illusions of Devon were successful at least least distracting the bone creatures that hadn't reached him. The ones still infesting his pants were quick to bite! They felt like tiny fireants chewing on his leg. ...they had no reaction to a giant dog! Just when it seemed like things couldn't get any more confusing, the tavern door burst open. Standing there in the threshold was a woman, whose hair was wind-blown wild, and in her arms was a giant full sack with the words bone meal stamped on the front. "Lizzete! Lizzete I dropped off the wrong bag! Please tell me you didn't use any of the bag I left here!"

Today at 2:59 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Shara struggled to think. Being famished, tired, and sleepy didn't help. If they're people, it wouldn't be right to kill them just because they're bone-insect people, would it? But they'll kill him... Being smaller and weaker than most, it went against Shara's instincts to pick a fight. Stealth, cunning, and a fast tongue were what usually got her through a confrontation. Well, a bit of swashbuckling once in awhile, but not against insect hordes! The lizard lady was wailing in anguish--Shara couldn't see any insects attacking her, but her business was surely doomed. The door burst open, and Shara's hand went to her sword hilt, but she didn't draw. Instead, she let go and pointed at the insects. "Are those yours?" she said to the woman.

Today at 3:02 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon would let let loose a groan and debated what options he had to get rid of the ones on his legs and just let loose one of those sighs. " I'll hate myself in the morning for this," he replied, waving his hand and transfering his illusion magic into some fire magic on his pants and legs. " What do you think?" Devon sarcastically asked the woman.

Today at 3:04 PM

• Diana:
    "Goddess, no! Ugh, not again..." sighed the woman in the doorway. She dropped the sack of bone meal, and then... well she just looked as lost at what to do as everyone else! "My stupid wizard master ordered bone meal, but of course it wasn't NORMAL bone meal, so when I dropped off Lizette's bone meal I mixed up the bags! How was I supposed to know the Master's bone meal bad was cursed nonsense? Oh, I should have expected it, wizard's orders are always cursed!" And now that poor Devon's pants were on fire it was worse... or, perhaps not so much! The little bone beasts were finally hopping off him to fall on the floor and screech in anger from a distance!

57 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    When the man's legs seemed to burst into flame, apparently without hurting him, Shara decided he was a powerful wizard who didn't need any help from the likes of her. She started edging toward the exit, careful not to step on any bone-insect (people?).

56 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "What are those things?" Shara asked the woman.

54 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "And who uses bone meal to bake bread?"

54 minutes ago

• Diana:
    Lizette, who was still crying behind the bar looked utterly offended. "Do.. do you not use bone mealsth for breadsth? For the extra nutrientsth!"

52 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon would look over at the lizard woman as he tossed some water to put the fire out and then illusioned up some new pants as he looked at the bone beasts. " Have you considered labels for bag like Wizard's bone meals and bone meals for tavern, Maybe a sticker or a mark for them to tell the DAMN differnce. FLOUR is what you put in the bread. And maybe some raisins, not bones."

47 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Uh..." Shara replied. The lizard lady had a point, maybe? "I'm not a baker..." The man, understandably, was taking a harsher tone. And bread with raisins (and no bone meal, bones, or insects) was sounding really good just now!

42 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "Well I don't know what to do!" said the woman in the threshold, running her hands through her hair. "I guess.. I guess we should just toss them in a sack! I gotta get them to the wizard! He DID order them after all!"

38 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "What's he gonna do with them?" Shara asked. Whatever these creatures were, it was clear they could be weaponized in nefarious ways.

35 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon sighed, dropping the illusion and making himself look like Shara before making the bag look like him in with a wave of the hard. " I don't know, don't care, let's just get them out of here," he replied perfectly in her voice.

33 minutes ago

• Diana:
    SCREEECH! All the bone beasties went running for the bag illusioned as Devon, tumbling into it and on top of each other! The woman in the threshold looked pretty impressed with this and surprised that even worked! "The master is a wizard, who knows what plans wizards have when they order crazy things. They're always ordering crazy things."

30 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Eeehhhh....I don't think I'm going to get used to seeing myself like this, Shara thought. She'd had a few nightmares about that shape-shifter from the last village turning into her and attacking. His trick did seem to work, as the creatures rushed the bag. Well...I guess it's none of my business what a wizard is going to do with those creatures, and not even something I can do anything about. I just...hope it's not something horribly evil though...

22 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon would also take a second to make sure that none were left and throw the dead one in as well.

21 minutes ago

• Diana:
    Blip blip blip, they all disappeared into the bag. The woman was quick to grab it from Devon and make sure it was tied up real tight so they didn't escape. "Not sure how baking that enchanted bone meal could even make these little bastards, but I'm sure the Master will know what to do with them. Thank you for uh... I guess keeping them busy! If you travel through this forest out to the big tower a few miles out, my Master might be willing to compensate you for all of this trouble."

17 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Devon just stared at her and decided that if he spoke any words they would be a string of curses. " Feel like I should mention that pretty sure other people in the tavern ate it, so might want to go checking around town that all of them were gotten. Yeah, I think I might be good. ... unless it's gold."

15 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Yeah...well, I didn't do much..." Shara said. But I can use all the compensation I can get right now, even if it's just silver or copper, and...maybe find out more about what this wizard's up to? Curiosity warred with caution, until it eked out a narrow victory. "But I was sorta half-owner of that loaf of bread," she said, deciding she might accompany the other wizard if he chose to go.

10 minutes ago

• Diana:
    And thus unaware of their roles in something that may spell the end of the world, a whisper of a prophesy floats in the wind... When living bone borne of fire awakens... WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON 27 PROPHECIES.