22 Rules of Story telling

#7: Come up with your ending before you figure out your middle. Seriously. Endings are hard, get yours working up front.

I liked this one. 8D

Back when I was actually writing stories, I would always get stuck after the beginning. Always wondering where to go next. And I never had any sort of idea of how I wanted to END my story. Through a lot of trial and error and trying out different ways to plot stuff out, I found that when I had a really developed ending in mine. Scenes and everything. it was A LOT easier to fill in the blanks of the middle-part to help accomplish that.

It works for me in roleplays too!

These are some very useful pieces of advice that I will cetainly put to good use to improve my writing. Thank you, Ocha.

#11: Putting it on paper lets you start fixing it. If it stays in your head, a perfect idea, you'll never share it with anyone.

This This This!

For a long time I refused to put any of my story ideas on paper because I didn't think it would be any good. Even if I'm not going to let more than one or two people read something I write, it just feels good to have it out of your head and on something tangible.