F

Fijoli

Original poster
NSFW

Turn back now if you are Squeamish.

------------------------------

Let's talk tasteful torture.

Check out this lovely list

Which device/technique strikes your fancy?

Why does this device/technique stand out to you?

What device/Technique have you never heard of before reading this list?

Do you find this article educational?

Are there any devices/techniques that you know of that were not on this list?

>:]

All I can say is that The Pear of Anguish was my favorite.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
84068297.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei Captured the Garrotte scarily well

2093680-yamagarrote.jpg

• Love
Oh, look! Creepy and inappropriate topic that would earn me strange glares in transport! I'm home! :D

I know most of these torture techniques, though my favorite is actually missing on that list. What is it, you ask me? The official term is 'scaphism.'
The intended victim was stripped naked and then firmly fastened within the interior space of two narrow rowing boats (or hollowed-out tree trunks) joined together one on top of the other with the head, hands and feet protruding. The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey to the point of developing a severe bowel movement and diarrhea, and more honey would be poured on him to attract insects, with special attention devoted to the eyes, ears, mouth, genitals, and anus. In some cases, the executioner would mix milk and honey and pour that mixture all over the victim. He would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects which would eat and breed within his exposed flesh, which—pursuant to interruption of the blood supply by burrowing insects—became increasingly gangrenous. The individual would be lying there naked, covered from head to toe in milk, honey, and their own feces. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that fatal dehydration or starvation did not occur. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation and septic shock. Delirium would typically set in after a few days.

All the credit goes to Wikipedia :D

Hm. I'd have to say the Knee Splitter or the Heretic's Fork. I do kinda like the Heretic's Fork more.

I can see the worth of these devices as instruments of punishment. But further reading seems to suggest some devices were used to obtain information. Which makes them in my mind useless. Any illegitimate inbred idiot can break a person's body. But the mark of a Master is to break the subjects mind, whether in punishment or in the act of gathering information.

Alright creepy comment for the day done.

• Thank You
The Iron Maiden. Classic.

I guess it stands out largely due to that real-life band. >.> Close enough right?

And. Creepy as it may be, I actually am aware of almost all the torture devices on the list. Maybe except the Rat one. And I'm surprised the Wooden Horse wasn't on the list. Knew that one because... Wooden Pony.

• Thank You
I knew about the rack, the wheel, the pillory, whipping, and the coffin, but that was it

I don't know if the one in this NSFW/spoilertastic scene is a thing, but it definitely made me squirm

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli and Smo
I knew about the rack, the wheel, the pillory, whipping, and the coffin, but that was it

I don't know if the one in this NSFW/spoilertastic scene is a thing, but it definitely made me squirm

Ugh, that is one of the few things that is horrible to do to people, in my opinion. That and anything to do with the eyes. O_O

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.