2015 Member Shout-Outs

• Thread starter heliacalRebirth
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heliacalRebirth

Original poster
Iwaku has grown so much over the past year. From the launching of the ongoing mass role-play, Ilium, to the dramatic site makeover (including all the silly conversations in the chat boxes during the downtime), we've seen plenty of AWESOME improvements! On top of thanking our workaholic administrators and staff, I'd like for everyone to take a moment to appreciate one another.

Without it's members, Iwaku would never be where it is today. This thread is for sending shout-outs to your fellow Iwakuvians, recounting all the epic times you've had, silly or serious!

LETS MAKE 2015 THE YEAR OF MEMBER APPRECIATION!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOO​

Let me make this a little more interesting...

EDIT

You don't really have to keep it "PG". Just you know, if you can't post it on the forums, I can't read it aloud. Obviously. :ferret:

EDIT #2

Also will read a single post on the forums for you instead of a line. Really. For three days.

This is either going to bomb spectacularly or I'm going to have the time of my life.

Last edited:
I've two shout-outs for today:

I'd like to thank @Fijoli

Like a badass older sister, Fiji was one of the main reasons I stuck around Iwaku. As a new member, I wasn't really sure where to "set camp", until she had approached me and asked If I wanted to help with the Writing and Art Museum. Since then, I've learned to admire and appreciate her enthusiasm on the site and in everything she does :)

We haven't talked much lately, but I hope that the new year will spur new beginnings and clear away any bad blood~

I'd also like to thank @jared555

He somehow managed to drag me into the clusterfuck that is Iwaku's Skype groups, and I can safely say that, butts and melons aside, I made some of what I would consider my closest friends from that exposure. We had great fun screwing around on Minecraft and Rift, and I was never unaware of how weird I am, because Jared has always been there to remind me :D YOU'RE AWESOME JARED!

I mean, when you're not "accidentally" banning me and making my iwaku all wonky ;P

• Thank You
Reactions: Fijoli
@Brovo Shout out 4 shout out? Sub 5 sub? Retweet 6 retweet?

Holy shit Brovo.

Well, I should start with:

@Brovo , cheers to this wonderful fellow that brought me here to Iwaku, to being a good jack and for all-around awesomeness.

@LastCinder , @Ikari , two RPers that came to the website to continue our fantastic RP ^^

Others to be added later.

HOLLA AT YA @Diana
YOU DA MAN
WOMAN
FUCK IT

NOW READ THIS

Side effects of the WTF blanket include but are not limited to:
Heart failure
Herpes
Social awkwardness
Never getting laid
Looking like a dick
Super herpes

Reactions: Buttercorn
A few people here I definitely want to show my gratitude for,

@idlehands for being such an incredible friend over the past year and someone with whom I've built a lasting and amazing friendship with. I talk to you nearly every day, and ever since that day you PM'd me back on RPG wondering why I didn't have a fan club like some of the others, you've been a regular fixture in my life that I've always been grateful for. Thanks for getting me through a rough, thankless year; you mean more than words can properly convey.

@O|NoSoul, my partner in crime and someone I've been GMing a game that nearly lasted 3 years with. You've been a huge reason I've been so invested in roleplaying since I got back into it, and it's been something incredible. Even outside of a roleplay capacity, you've been an awesome friend and somebody I look forward to one day grabbing a beer with in the Rocky Mountains as we look for bears to fight. Also, best video game wingman a man could ask for.

@Cpt Toellner. Drift compatible. Looking forward to getting that RP started with you!

@Mosis Tosis, a regular writing partner in crime of mine who's helped create one of the most compelling and exciting character relationships I've come across in roleplaying and fleshing out a universe that they and our other group partners helped craft into something compelling and exactly why I roleplay. Your posts are always incredibly detailed and absorbing, it's like getting lost in a good novel going over our games. Here's to more crazy adventures of Tanya and Kosso going into 2015.

@Compass, a new writing partner of mine and already making quite the impact! Considering we took an extremely bare bones concept, it's already incredibly realized and I can't wait to see what happens with it. You don't always find somebody you click with for writing, but I'm definitely glad we started!

More to come, I think.

• Love
Reactions: 3 people
@Brovo
This isn't actually a shoutout. I just wanted to ask if I could marry your voice.

ALSO @Lady Bernkastel
YOUR SAILOR MOON RP IS THE BOMB
AND I'M NOT JUST SAYING THAT BECAUSE I GET TO BE BATMAN

@Fijoli
BECAUSE YOU'RE COOL AND STUFF
JUST PRETEND I MADE SOME REALLY MOVING SPEECH OR SOMETHING

@Muirgen
BECAUSE YOU OFFERED TO THROW DOWN
NOBODY ELSE WANTED TO THROW DOWN
LITERALLY ONE OTHER PERSON REPLIED AND WE WEREN'T COMPATIBLE
YOU DA REAL MVP

Also if you want you can read any few lines from this fanfic. I don't really mind if you do or don't I just wanted to type in all caps while tagging people.

My shout-out is to @Brovo for hosting such awesome roasts... even though I haven't been to the recent ones (Sunday afternoon is not a good time for me lol).

Shout outs... hmm...

@Diana
You are AWESOME
.... that is all

@Fijoli
Your art is bad ass :D

@Razilin
You're random as fuck... I'm cool with that :)

@Brovo
Ferrets have become a new favorite animal of mine after reading through your compelling argument.
And, you're very sweet :)

@SlatersDeath
We write... a lot... :D

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Diana and Fijoli
@Laggy Lagiacrus | Shoutouts here, Narration here. Warning: Contains vulgarities and references to sexual organs. Also Harry Pothead.

@Mr Allen J | What's a waifu to do?
qBt4AKy.gif

• Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
Hm. Let's see...

I'd like to give a shoutout to THE ANIMU CREW @ERode @Skyswimsky @Anderiel @Zombehs @Voltin @Lucius Cypher @Psyker Landshark

For just being an awesome bunch of folks with some fantastic taste. We've done a lot together, and I'd like to think we're all friends in one way or another. Love you guys!

@Bootfist
Too much to say, and not enough patience using this phone. In any case, here's to Bootfist, literary legend and lore-creating partner in crime. May the Souls of Anthath aid you on your journey!

• Love
Reactions: Azaryin
Status
Not open for further replies.