2015 Book Challenge's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I end up falling asleep if I do that but I'll give it another shot.

I like to read while I'm outside, especially in sunlight. Having all my senses picking stuff up, like kids playing or smelling the grass, helps me concentrate on the book. If I read something in silence then the smallest thing will end up distracting me.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lawkheart
I usually try to listen to music, but I'm not finding any music that has been helping me get into the reading mood.

I'm not finding music that's getting me into music lately. Ah well. Right now I'm reading Go Ask Alice and so far it's decent but it's not blowing my shorts up.

So has everyone's reading gone so far this year?

I wanna host a read-a-thon, anyone interested?

I've made decent progress through my list, though I took the month of February as a break. I read very little. I think I finished one book. I've finished 2 already in March though, and I'm finished with all of the non-fiction books in the challenge, which are always the most difficult for me.

Any details on the read-a-thon?

I've made decent progress through my list, though I took the month of February as a break. I read very little. I think I finished one book. I've finished 2 already in March though, and I'm finished with all of the non-fiction books in the challenge, which are always the most difficult for me.
I'm glad! I've made some progress but I really want to dedicate time to just read through a handful of books.
Any details on the read-a-thon?
I'm debating on making it 4 days or 1 week long. I'd bring in many of the Challenges from the list as well, maybe a few challenges where you have to take a picture or something. I'm working out the details at the moment.

Reactions: Kairia
I've read about 10 books the past two weeks, and that's not including the ones that I've downloaded that I want to read. @_@ I've gotten nearly all the fiction ones with the exception of romances (I just can't find a romance that looks interesting enough to read. @_@)

• Bucket of Rainbows
I've read about 10 books the past two weeks, and that's not including the ones that I've downloaded that I want to read. @_@ I've gotten nearly all the fiction ones with the exception of romances (I just can't find a romance that looks interesting enough to read. @_@)
Awesome! I want to get out of my reading funk and get through my list. That's why I wanna have the read-a-thon.

I disconnected my DirectTV since we're getting ready to move, and I've been reading a lot more. Now if only I could get my kids to pick up the habit. >_< I downloaded a bunch of Ever After High books for her and she's not interested. @_@

• Bucket of Rainbows
I disconnected my DirectTV since we're getting ready to move, and I've been reading a lot more. Now if only I could get my kids to pick up the habit. >_< I downloaded a bunch of Ever After High books for her and she's not interested. @_@
It's harder to get youth into reading now a days -shrugs-

A book that became a movie: Divergent- Veronica Roth(Read)
A book you own but have never read- Dracula- Bram Stoker
A book from your childhood; Thief of Always- Clive Barker
A book you started but never finished; The Dark Tower- Stephen King (Finally finished the last book)
A book that made you cry; Dark Tower- Stephen King (Part of the reason I could never finish it. XD)
A book from an author you love that you haven’t read yet; One by One- Chris Carter (Working my way through the Hunter Series)
A classic romance; Lady Chatterly’s Lover-D.H. Lawerence (Read)
A mystery or a thriller; Falling- Christopher Pike
A horror novel; Bird Box- Josh Malerman
A fantasy novel; Night of Knives- Ian Cameron Esslemont
A book that made you laugh; Fifty Shames of Earl Grey; Fanny Markin
A detective/crime novel; The Crucifix Killer- Chris Carter
A duology; The Shining & Doctor Sleep- Stephen King
A trilogy; The Hunger Series- Jason Brant
A book by an author you've never read before; The Leftovers- Tom Perrotta (Started last night)
A book with a one word title; Ash- Jason Brant (Need to read)
A book by a female author; Bound By a Dragon- Linda K. Hopkins (Next on my list to read after finishing up the book I’m on)
A book with a number in the title; 314- A.R Wise
A book of short stories; Book of Blood 1 (Clive Barker)

Here's what I've got so far. Going to finish up Night Stalker, which I started yesterday then take a small break from the series to read something else. @_@ I can only take so much crime before it becomes too much.

Going to be taking a break from rping, but I'll keep my eye out to see if you guys do the read-a-thon thing. I've got a three day weekend, so I'll probably burn through a good chunk of my list.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Haiii :D I've just got back into reading after I set up a goodreads account a couple weeks ago. I'm aiming for 52 books this year, although I've got a couple months to make up for. I think a more specific challenge would be a little much for me since I've only just got back into reading, but best of luck to everyone participating :D

Haiii :D I've just got back into reading after I set up a goodreads account a couple weeks ago. I'm aiming for 52 books this year, although I've got a couple months to make up for. I think a more specific challenge would be a little much for me since I've only just got back into reading, but best of luck to everyone participating :D
Awesome! I hope you catch up and reach your goal this year.

I'm hosting a read-a-thon this week, if you'd like to check it out?
https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/march-read-a-thon.103782/

How's everyone's reading going?

Here's my updated book challenge list. I've read other books not listed here because I can.

[fieldbox=Books, #ab8aff]
A book that became a movie- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux [In progress...]
A popular author’s first book- Divergent by Veronica Roth [Finished]
A nonfiction book- American Sniper by Chris Kyle
A book you own but have never read- Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
A book you can finish in a day- Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson [In progress...]

A book from your childhood- Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
A book you started but never finished- Happy Ever After by Adele Geras [Finished]

A book with a love triangle- Splintered by A.G. Howard
A book set in a different country- Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
A book that made you cry- Looking for Alaska by John Green
A book set in the future- The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
A book from an author you love that you haven’t read yet- Paper Towns by John Green
A classic romance- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
A modern romance- Bared to You by Sylvia Day

A poetry book- The Odyssey by Homer
A horror novel- Anna Dressed in Blood and Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
A fantasy novel- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien [In progress...]

A scifi novel- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
A historical fiction novel- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
A contemporary novel- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
A paranormal novel- Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
A dectective/crime novel- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
A mystery or a thriller- Joyland by Stephen King
A memoir- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
A book based on a true story- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
A banned book- Frankenstien by Mary Shelley

A standalone- Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey
A duology- Code Name Verity and Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
A trilogy- Legend, Prodigy and Champion by Marie Lu
A graphic novel- The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite and Dallas by Gerrad Way [Finished]

A book by an author you’ve never read before- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
A book with a one word title- Origin by Jessica Khoury
A book by a female author- These Broken Stars and This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner [In progress...]

A book by a male author- The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan
A book that is 15 years old- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
A book that is 25 years old- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
A book that is 50 years old- Dune by Frank Herbert
A book that is 100 years old- Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman [In Progress...]

A book published this year- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
A book based entirely on its cover- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
A book with a number in the title- 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad
A book with a color in the title- Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly
A book of short stories- Lick the Razor by D. B. Tarpley
A Book Over 500 Pages- The Host by Stephine Meyer
[/fieldbox]

I'm wondering if I should write a review for these books in my blog or on goodreads. What do you guys think?

I have challenged myself to read 30 books this year thanks to the Goodreads challenge. I don't have any specifics for what to read since I my 'to-read/buy' list is horrendous and I want to make it a bit smaller (although it keeps ending up even larger the more books I knock off the list..).

• Bucket of Rainbows
I have challenged myself to read 30 books this year thanks to the Goodreads challenge. I don't have any specifics for what to read since I my 'to-read/buy' list is horrendous and I want to make it a bit smaller (although it keeps ending up even larger the more books I knock off the list..).
I know what you mean. I'm ahead of my goal for the year though so I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.