2015 Book Challenge's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may just read your book lists because finding my own books to read seems like a chore. Also it forces me to read books from someone else's preference, so I might be pulled from my comfort zone (or lack of, I pretty read much anything).

I may just read your book lists because finding my own books to read seems like a chore. Also it forces me to read books from someone else's preference, so I might be pulled from my comfort zone (or lack of, I pretty read much anything).
Sure go right ahead. If you need any help finding books, send me a pm and I'll help you out.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Just in case if any of you use Goodreads, this is my link so you can check out what books I'm planing on reading this year.
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/20299080-lawkheart

I also plan on reading other books this year other then the ones I listed, but these are the ones I'd like to read before 2016.

Reactions: Kairia
I sent you a friend request. It is so hard to find anyone who likes to read these days.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lawkheart
Yeah, but those you find are usually nice :)

I've updated my list and changed a few books. I'll be doing that if I loose interest in a book that I chose.

I also sent you a friend request. Way earlier today. Forgot to mention it. :)

Yup I got both ^_^

Do you guys prefer to read from a physical book or on a e-reader? I myself don't mind either. For me, it's just that I don't my books to get dirty, so I prefer to take my tablet out and read from it, but at home I prefer my physical books.

I use my kindle 9 times out of 10. It's just more convenient. Easier to transport, easier to hold. Though it is lacking that book smell.

I prefer physical books, but e-readers are so damned convenient that I caved and got one a few years back. It's tolerable, and it's nice to be able to carry dozens of books in something that weighs as little as a paperback.

I started my list, but Microsoft word ate it. :(

I actually read a few though, mostly the little ones I could knock out quick like book I could read in a day, favorite kids book, and book that I've started but never finished. @_@ I'm completely disappointed by how it ended. :(

For the book from my childhood, I chose one I read when I was adolescent. I don't find myself particularly inclined to read a book from before then. I read enough kids books with my son.

For the book from my childhood, I chose one I read when I was adolescent. I don't find myself particularly inclined to read a book from before then. I read enough kids books with my son.
I liked reading a lower aged book. I jumped from books like Super Fudge when I was eight, to Christopher Pike books when I was 9, to Stephen King at 12. I didn't give myself a chance to read the silly, nonsense books. My kids now read books that are absolutely boring to me. I tried (And failed :() to get them to read Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing, and Super Fudge, but they took one look at the titles and turned them away.

I liked reading a lower aged book. I jumped from books like Super Fudge when I was eight, to Christopher Pike books when I was 9, to Stephen King at 12. I didn't give myself a chance to read the silly, nonsense books. My kids now read books that are absolutely boring to me. I tried (And failed :() to get them to read Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing, and Super Fudge, but they took one look at the titles and turned them away.
My son is 7, so we're reading the Magic Treehouse Books and Heroes in Training books. They're fun, and squash any desire I have to read a lower reading level. My obsession when I was his age were the Boxcar Children, and Mrs. Piggle Wiggle.

The book from childhood is a book I first read when I was 12 "Wizard's First Rule" By Terri Goodkind. I've been meaning to reread this for a few years now.

I use my kindle 9 times out of 10. It's just more convenient. Easier to transport, easier to hold. Though it is lacking that book smell.
I think it does come down to the smell, but also the feel of the book in my hands and the texture of the pages as I turn them. For some reason that completes the experience with me and it's what made reading more fun as a child.
I prefer physical books, but e-readers are so damned convenient that I caved and got one a few years back. It's tolerable, and it's nice to be able to carry dozens of books in something that weighs as little as a paperback.
I agree, it's tolerable, and convenient as hell, but books and book stores are awesome. Unfortunately there aren't any book stores in my area, not even barnes and nobles :( But I'm a bus ride away from NYC so I can always go to those books stores.

I started my list, but Microsoft word ate it. :(

I actually read a few though, mostly the little ones I could knock out quick like book I could read in a day, favorite kids book, and book that I've started but never finished. @_@ I'm completely disappointed by how it ended. :(
You could write your list in this thread and keep it here. That's what I'm doing at least, although I have a backup on my computer.

I actually read very adult books when I was 8. I read so much, the Librarian at my grammar school would stay with me after school so I could read. I read all the books in our library before I started 8th grade. I remember reading a lot of Edgar Allen Poe, Daniel Keys and the like. I did remember reading The Magic Treehouse books but I didn't really like them. Even at that age I wanted to re-write stories that left unsatisfied lol.

I was wondering, would you guys like a group for the challenges? Or is this sufficient?

So I'm reading 50 books this year, as you all know, but I find it hard to get into reading at the moment. What do you guys recommend?

Reactions: Kairia
I read in bed. It's a bad habit that cuts into my sleep, but it's also the only time I have to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.