2012! What are your opinions on it?

Seeing all the stuff going on in the world, I'm pretty sure we're all going down soon anyhow. If 2012 is happening, right on scheduale...

The largest significance of 2012 - the part that should creep most individuals out - is that between our solar system and the center of the Milky Way Galaxy, there will be an alignment of that year. The exact date is December 21, 2012. By numbers, 12/21/2012. The numbers themselves aren't significant - most likely only coincidental - but still...

It honestly bothers me that there will be a Galactic alignment, seeing as the core of the Milky Way happens to be a supermassive black hole. As an intellectual that follows these sorts of things - reading and studying as many different types of propaganda, dogma, and cultural stigma the world has to offer - I can't help but ask, what's going to happen?

I don't have an answer for this thread. If I had to provide anything, I hope nothing happens. I like being alive.

I maintain that the world never began, so it can't end

In 2012, it be will be revealed that Ocha and I are really the same being and that the Mayans will come back and take over the world like they tried to do in the most recent TMNT movie.

If going by strictly Mayan calander theories, most Americans don't realize that the vast majority of Pre-Columbian tribes viewed time as a large cycle, yeah just like the one in IW. Time has no beginning, no middle, no end. The calendar may end but then a new and better world arises afterwards. :{ I view this fear as all a part of a larger trend of human consciousness saying we are tried of all the bullshit we have to deal with in a modern capitalistic with little sense of proper imagination and idealisms, just look at the shitty film 2012. Let's face it, there is a certain romanticism about being a survivor in the wilderness taking on the world and whatever other conflicts exist to make yourself larger than life.

quoted for fact.

@Darky: But everyone loves Chavez... (Well, if everyone was a bullet...)

i'd grab me a couple of the hot iwaku babes, get a couple bottles of booze and groove on the rubble man. ................seriously though, i'm single and probably not doing anything new years, so if any iwakuans want to come to the great hills of Illinois (specifically chicago-land), let me know and we'll party it up. whether the world ends or not, you shouldn't be sober enough to notice. :D

2012 is a joke. Just like YK2, it's a media hype thing made to promote disaster movies.

The Mayans probably just got wasted before they could make a new calender that covers things after 2012 anyhow.. :P

But if somehow it does happen, it's probably gonna be something disastrous that's man-made, probably nuclear war.

I know what'll happen...My dog is going to eat enough hot dogs that her farts will kill off everyone in China.