20 Questions - Iwaku Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will, if no one else really wants to (I'll let them have it if they do). I'm not exactly much of an established member yet, but I hope I'm active enough that people at least recognize my name ^ω^

I'm not very good at integrating into communities and I find little stuff like this is good for that. It makes me feel more comfortable with the community, which means I can be more active, which means I grow even more comfortable, so it's an endless cycle of positivity. So that's why I want to do this.
I feel like something like this is a decent way to get to know new folks. I like revealing shit.

2. What's your worst fear?

1. What's your worst fear?
Two technically. The ninja is real.

My worst fear is rejection. I'm sociophobic (otherwise known as social anxiety disorder) and approaching people terrifies me. Not because I'm scared of people, but because I'm scared of rejection. My mind races and I think too much about all horrible possibilities, no matter how unrealistic they are. The only way I can approach someone is to rush into it without thinking (which has its own issues) and I tend to stutter or just look on blankly if someone approaches me. Because I'm so self-conscious, just being around people puts me on edge because I'm worried any given thing I do or say will offend people.

Isn't Heisenberg's question technically #2?

4. If you could have any wish granted on the one condition that it CANNOT involve you directly (i.e. make me rich), what would it be?

Last edited:
Reactions: Valentyne
3. If you could have any wish granted on the one condition that it CANNOT involve you directly (i.e. make me rich), what would it be?
This is a tough one.
As generic as it would be, I'd have to say solving hunger, instituting world peace, and so on. Basically fixing the world's flaws. If I had to choose only one to fix, though, I'd have to say that I would abolish stubbornness and all of the other flaws of human reason. That would fix a lot of other problems in and of itself.

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Clarification - I made a mistake when I posted my question! We are on question #4. The next question will be #5 lol. I derped xD

*stifled laughter*

*Thinks of something clichè*

5. Which do you value most? Friends or family?

5. Which do you value most? Friends or family?
Friends without question, but it would tear me apart to lose either. When it comes down to it I'm closer to my friends. Theres only one family member I'm as close with, my cousin. I don't get along that well with most of the others and we disagree on a lot of religious, philosophical, and political issues. There's also the problem of still being in the closet in real life (my cousin is the only person I've told I'm transgender), which means every conversation about certain things is another lie I have to spin to make the story believable until I can tell them.

Ooh~ A game! I like games! Pick me, pick me! =3

6. Do you like opossums? What's your fave animal?

6. Do you like opossums? What's your fave animal?
Sheep.
I have no real reason.
I just like sheep.
I have a collection of stuffed sheep, all of which are arranged around the railing of my bed. Childish, perhaps, but I would never move them.

Reactions: Ashi
7. Do you scare easily?
Not really. Most of my fears besides rejection are trivial, silly, or irrelevant, and I'm a pretty hard-hearted, cynical person. Oddly I cry easily, but I don't really scare easily. I'm rather fond of horror games that can legitimately scare me, though. Most of the mainstream ones such as Slenderman, Amnesia, and FNaF don't, but I've had some fun with Alien: Isolation lately, though I'm not very far yet.

8. What is the most unpleasant thing you've ever experienced?

8. What is the most unpleasant thing you've ever experienced?
The actual number one involves an entire three years of repressed memory and a court of law, so I'll skip to number two if you don't mind.
It's a tie between my allergy test and the time I flew in a helicopter. Both happened when I was around...ten I think. Anyone with allergies knows what I mean about the allergy test. Basically, they have a bunch of needles with traces of various common allergens on a wide plastic board. They stick you with all of them at once, and then you have to lay still, shirtless and face-down, for about half an hour. Then they take blood or do whatever test (I forget exactly) and tell you what exactly you're allergic to. I'm allergic to mold, dust, grass, pollen, and pork (none to the point of anaphylaxis, but still can be dangerous; dust especially).

The helicopter ride is why I'm afraid of helicopters. It was some expensive tourist ride, and I forget what city my family was vacationing in. They wanted to do it, I didn't. I was afraid of heights at the time. They dragged me along anyway, and it turns out they leave the helicopter doors open. I was strapped in of course, but it was still terrifying. Helicopters remain my number three fear.

Reactions: Ashi
9. If you got the chance to go to the moon, would you?

Maaan, I missed my chance, I wanna be in the hot seat next time around if no one minds.

Anyways: 10. If you had the choice between saving your own life or the life of the person you love most, which would you choose?

Last edited:
9. If you got the chance to go to the moon, would you?
Probably not. It would be a lot of hassle and a lot of time for no practical gain.
10. If you had the choice between saving your own life or the life of the person you love most, which would you choose?
Absolutely the person I love. There's no question there; I'm the type of person who'd laid my life down for a friend without hesitation, how much more a lover.
11 where do you want to live?
Probably Canada. They're pretty coo' up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.