20 Questions - Iwaku Edition! (3rd Generation)

Totally didn't forget to check this thread until it popped up again...

15. Least favorite chore and favorite chore and why?
Least favourite chore would be cleaning the drains. 😩 Favourite chore, currently, is misting my plants.

I offer myself as tribute.

16. How did you find Iwaku, and why did you decide to join?
A group RP I was in needed a new home, they chose Iwaku. I followed after some deliberating, thought initially of dropping the RP, but I was convinced eventually.

17. If you had to choose, would you rather lose your sense of sight or your sense of hearing?

17. If you had to choose, would you rather lose your sense of sight or your sense of hearing?
Sense of hearing, I guess. I would still be able to read and do everything I regular need on a daily basis, except from using my voice and taking the phone and I like neither anyway.

18. What’s the origin story of your avatar?

Can I get in the hot seat at some point?

Also! 19: What are your 3 most listened to songs right now, and why do you love them so much? :O

20: Which specific place (that you haven't been) would you most like to travel to?

Can I get in the hot seat at some point?

Also! 19: What are your 3 most listened to songs right now, and why do you love them so much? :O

1. Jian Hun by Li Wei and covers; I love the xianxia feels it gives and yes, I'm still knee deep into xianxia the genre. (Language: Chinese Mandarin)

2. Chu chu wen - covers mostly; it has this old disco vibe sensuality (at least the covers I'm listening to) that really fits some of the scenes I'm trying to write for. (Language: Chinese Cantonese)

3. Nijiro chocho by Wagakki Band; love the fusion in modern and traditional music, also refer to the first song. (Language: Japanese)

I generally like to listen to songs in a different language than I write in, because else it starts to mix for me. Also may give some random inspiration on how to describe something.

20: Which specific place (that you haven't been) would you most like to travel to?

Only one??? D: I have so many places I still wanna visit. The Alnwick Garden is an example, which will do as an answer for now.

NEXT VICTIM!!!

1. Any pets? If so, what are they?

2. Favorite kind of cheese?

3. Any meals you like? Would you recommend them to others to make/eat?

4. What’s the story behind your username?

IT'S BACK.

Here are links to the first and second generations of this game. Unfortunately, around the time I posted the second, I ended up becoming VERY busy with mom life caring for a newborn and wasn't able to carry it out all the way through. But I am here to stay. You can see for yourself how big the first one got!

Here is how the game works!

I will nominate a subject to be put in what I like to call the hot seat! Whoever is in the hot seat will be the subject of questioning by everyone and anyone who has a question about that person! These should typically be personal questions, so that we can get to know more about specific members. They are released from the hot seat once they have answered twenty different questions, or if it has been more than a week since their last response (to keep the game moving along).

Of course, volunteers for the hot seat are encouraged because otherwise, I'd just be randomly picking people to share things about themselves, who might or might not be willing to do so. You are also welcome to nominate people if you like!

To give some leniency, the player in the hot seat can choose to pass on questions that are too personal or too touchy. If the player requests this, PLEASE RESPECT their decision not to answer and do not pressure them or ask again!

Depending on how much activity this gets, I will try to keep a log of who has participated and what their answers were.

Of course, as the starter of this thread, I'll put my money where my mouth is and put myself in the hot seat for the first round!

Currently in the Hot Seat:

@Nemopedia

As of May 3, 2022

Next up in the Hot Seat:

@fatalrendezvous - February 5, 2022
@88 Fingers Edward - February 21, 2022
@Floral Frolic - March 29, 2022
@Diana - April 26, 2022

Let's get some questions going!

I volunteer :3

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Oh hey! Looking at the queue, that should be me :D sooo, I guess I'll get around to these questions now then.

1. Any pets? If so, what are they?

2. Favorite kind of cheese?

3. Any meals you like? Would you recommend them to others to make/eat?

1.) Nope! I used to have pet budgies, a long time ago, named Peep and Chirp, but sadly they passed away. These days I don't have any pets, but I'd love to get a cat sometime soon!

2.) Brie. Love me a melted brie with nuts and honey. That stuff is actually heavenly. Fresh mozzarella is a close second.

3.) Two things I'd suggest trying are: tteokbokki (Korean rice cakes, normally in spicy sauce) and shakshuka (middle eastern dish, poached eggs in savoury tomatoes herbs and stuff). Ttekobokki I love because it's basically comfort food and not toooo crazy to make. Shakshuka I recommend because by god I love eggs and this is one of the best ways to eat them.

4. What’s the story behind your username?

4.) Before I went by Pav, my name on most things was The Almighty Mahokins. I made lots of friends under that name, but also got into a lot of drama. I was going through a really hard time then, with my interpersonal relationships and my family. I had a blog that I named PavellumPendulum, named to fit the vibes of Puella Magi Magica Madoka, which was my favourite anime at the time. I ranted there about my life and found comfort in it. It was sort of my way of growing a spine and finding myself, so once I disconnected with all the people that made my life so hard, I kept it. The name sorta highlights one of the points in my life where I really started to process my feelings and tell people to stop walking all over me, haha. The short story I always tell people though is that I picked it because it sounds pretty ✌️

• Love
Reactions: neptune
5.Coolest Place you have visited and would you recommend it to people?
6. Favorite TV Show and why?
7. What is the meaning behind your Profile photo?

8. What's a very minor thing that inconveniences you but it utterly fucking frustrating when it happens? (example when I'm working on some project with markers and I lose the marker and can't finish it until I go into town again)

What is something about yourself that both makes you who you are but also makes you despise your up bringing up becuase of it?

5.) Truthfully, I don't feel like I've gone to many amazing places, unfortunately. I really like the royal botanical gardens in Canada though! A lovely place and great place to learn about plants. The gardens/parks in France were also amazing when I lived there.

6.) One Day at a Time. It's a crime that Netflix cancelled it. It touches on important topics in a respectful way that I've actually never seen on shows before, such as addiction, homophobia, racism, misogyny, depression, anxiety, PTSD... So many things that need to be talked about, but are usually tiptoed around or depicted as things you can't change or work on. It's a beautiful show. I recommend it to everyone I talk to. It can be a little cringy at times, but I find it sweet. I think I've watched it like fifteen times at this point.

7.) Nothing, really. I drew it recently since I wanted my pfp to match the new staff colours. It was meant to evoke the feeling of looking at a deity or a goddess, but I'm not sure how well that came through, haha.

8. What's a very minor thing that inconveniences you but it utterly fucking frustrating when it happens? (example when I'm working on some project with markers and I lose the marker and can't finish it until I go into town again)

8.) My earrings ALWAYS get caught in my mask strings. I love to wear big earrings, weird shit like having mini oil lamps dangling from my ears or tiny umbrellas. It can be such a hassle with the mask though. That, and my hair strands always get caught in the hinges of my glasses. I have teensy broken hairs near my forehead because that shit happens ALL the time. Irritating as all hell, I swear LOL

What is something about yourself that both makes you who you are but also makes you despise your up bringing up becuase of it?

9.) I am scared, all the time. I am always looking for signs of conflict or passive aggressiveness. What people consider to be a chill tone, maybe only slightly louder, I interpret as looking for a fight, or upset with me. I've worked on it a lot during the years and know its just part of who I am at this point, but I still have moments where someone raises their voice at me and I instantly burst into tears and have a panic attack. It's easier online, but in person, I am just constantly afraid of people. Probably why I spend so much of my spare time holed up in my room 😐

I’m interested in this! I like question games

I have added you to the queue, with everyone else :D

Reactions: Slaynoir

5.) Truthfully, I don't feel like I've gone to many amazing places, unfortunately. I really like the royal botanical gardens in Canada though! A lovely place and great place to learn about plants. The gardens/parks in France were also amazing when I lived there.

6.) One Day at a Time. It's a crime that Netflix cancelled it. It touches on important topics in a respectful way that I've actually never seen on shows before, such as addiction, homophobia, racism, misogyny, depression, anxiety, PTSD... So many things that need to be talked about, but are usually tiptoed around or depicted as things you can't change or work on. It's a beautiful show. I recommend it to everyone I talk to. It can be a little cringy at times, but I find it sweet. I think I've watched it like fifteen times at this point.

7.) Nothing, really. I drew it recently since I wanted my pfp to match the new staff colours. It was meant to evoke the feeling of looking at a deity or a goddess, but I'm not sure how well that came through, haha.

8.) My earrings ALWAYS get caught in my mask strings. I love to wear big earrings, weird shit like having mini oil lamps dangling from my ears or tiny umbrellas. It can be such a hassle with the mask though. That, and my hair strands always get caught in the hinges of my glasses. I have teensy broken hairs near my forehead because that shit happens ALL the time. Irritating as all hell, I swear LOL

9.) I am scared, all the time. I am always looking for signs of conflict or passive aggressiveness. What people consider to be a chill tone, maybe only slightly louder, I interpret as looking for a fight, or upset with me. I've worked on it a lot during the years and know its just part of who I am at this point, but I still have moments where someone raises their voice at me and I instantly burst into tears and have a panic attack. It's easier online, but in person, I am just constantly afraid of people. Probably why I spend so much of my spare time holed up in my room 😐

I’m interested in this! I like question games

I have added you to the queue, with everyone else :D
That is like, almost me down to a T. I struggle with people and being awkward afk so hard that my only solace is my room. There's days were I won't eat regularly just because I'm so tense to leave it. I dislike yelling SO much. It really triggers me tbh, but I've pretty much lost the ability to cry and gained the fault of panicking and gagging when stressed or over stimulated with stuff going on. I'm surprised I can go to work half the time as I'm smack dab in the middle of everyone's way and constantly being the one to clean up everyone's messes.

I am numb to a lot of my emotions and don't feel much other than fear or anxiety to be honest. Joy is a tough feeling for me to practice as well, as yes I can get excited, but doesn't mean I'm happy about it. But keep at it and maybe one day you'll find that opportunity to find a way to break out of your shell.

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
That is like, almost me down to a T. I struggle with people and being awkward afk so hard that my only solace is my room. There's days were I won't eat regularly just because I'm so tense to leave it. I dislike yelling SO much. It really triggers me tbh, but I've pretty much lost the ability to cry and gained the fault of panicking and gagging when stressed or over stimulated with stuff going on. I'm surprised I can go to work half the time as I'm smack dab in the middle of everyone's way and constantly being the one to clean up everyone's messes.

I am numb to a lot of my emotions and don't feel much other than fear or anxiety to be honest. Joy is a tough feeling for me to practice as well, as yes I can get excited, but doesn't mean I'm happy about it. But keep at it and maybe one day you'll find that opportunity to find a way to break out of your shell.

I totally understand that! I think that it's something people gloss over often or think is not that important... But volume and tone can convey a lot, especially to those who struggle with anxiety. Even when the speaker doesn't mean to. Yelling is a big trigger for me as well, to the point where when my husband drives me around, he's accidentally set me into a panic attack when having road rage. He felt really bad about it and I felt even worse, since I knew he hadn't meant to scare me. It can be tricky to deal with, when people don't have those same boundaries!

I'm sorry to hear that things have been so difficult for you. Becoming numb seems to be a common response, but it makes sense. If you're overstimulated and your brain is saying all these emotions are too much, just shutting down makes sense as a coping mechanism. If you ever need someone to talk about this kind of stuff with, my DMs are always open. Hopefully time and practice will help us both.

• Love
Reactions: Slaynoir
10) Last book you read?