20 Questions - Iwaku Edition! (3rd Generation)

fatalrendezvous

Ever forward.
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
8 AM - 6 PM and 10 PM - 2 AM
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
IT'S BACK.

Here are links to the first and second generations of this game. Unfortunately, around the time I posted the second, I ended up becoming VERY busy with mom life caring for a newborn and wasn't able to carry it out all the way through. But I am here to stay. You can see for yourself how big the first one got!

Here is how the game works!

I will nominate a subject to be put in what I like to call the hot seat! Whoever is in the hot seat will be the subject of questioning by everyone and anyone who has a question about that person! These should typically be personal questions, so that we can get to know more about specific members. They are released from the hot seat once they have answered twenty different questions, or if it has been more than a week since their last response (to keep the game moving along).

Of course, volunteers for the hot seat are encouraged because otherwise, I'd just be randomly picking people to share things about themselves, who might or might not be willing to do so. You are also welcome to nominate people if you like!

To give some leniency, the player in the hot seat can choose to pass on questions that are too personal or too touchy. If the player requests this, PLEASE RESPECT their decision not to answer and do not pressure them or ask again!

Depending on how much activity this gets, I will try to keep a log of who has participated and what their answers were.

Of course, as the starter of this thread, I'll put my money where my mouth is and put myself in the hot seat for the first round!

Currently in the Hot Seat:

@noodle

As of October 2nd, 2023

Next up in the Hot Seat:
@PaulaVonMalotki
@WidowMaker_Raven
@Dellos
@Crafty
@AlienIsInternet
@Dutch
@Raynar Saassin
@Wolfspear
@Kanma
@kroyote
@Achilles24
@neptune* - Instant next hot seat once active again
@Lithël Aelfwine* - Instant next hot seat once active again

@fatalrendezvous - February 5, 2022
@88 Fingers Edward - February 21, 2022
@Floral Frolic - March 29, 2022
@Diana - April 26, 2022
@Nemopedia - May 3, 2022
@PavellumPendulum - June 16th, 2022
@dark - August 4th, 2022
@Dusk - January 25th, 2023
@Sorrelfur - March 14th, 2023
@XIII - April 4th, 2023
@stellar - April 17th, 2023
@LuckycoolHawk9 - May 14th, 2023
@~Dark Disney~ - June 30th, 2023
@FenFren - July 4th, 2023

Let's get some questions going!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Yooo I'd like to be in the hot seat.

But for my question, if you had to live in any video game or movie world, what would you pick and why?

I will also volunteer for tribute :D

For a question: Favorite room in your house?

I guess I volunteer >:[

ANSWER ME THIS: How many times a day do you think about throwing your child down a mountain or leaving it in the woods to the wild.

I-- I volunteer.

My question: what do you miss the most about your pre-mom life other than sleep, me-time and lack of nappies?

• Haha
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Yooo I'd like to be in the hot seat.

But for my question, if you had to live in any video game or movie world, what would you pick and why?
1. That's a tough one! I think I gotta go with Star Wars, even if I'm just a regular person without any Force sensitivity. I love the universe and feel like it would be so exciting!

I will also volunteer for tribute :D

For a question: Favorite room in your house?
2. The bedroom, duh! My bed is comfy as shit. You spend eight (ish) hours a day in bed so it's suuuuper worth it to get a good mattress and my god I love my mattress. If I could marry mattresses my husband would have some serious competition. There are many days that the happiness I derive from him does not compare to the happiness my bed provides.

I guess I volunteer >:[

ANSWER ME THIS: How many times a day do you think about throwing your child down a mountain or leaving it in the woods to the wild.
3. More than I would like to admit! My five-year-old has gotten pretty good, and he's super sweet and listens most of the time, so it's not so bad lately. And the three-year-old is lucky he's still really fucking cute, because he acts like a little shit sometimes. So... I would say on average, between 0-5 times per day depending on how good/bad a day it is!

I-- I volunteer.

My question: what do you miss the most about your pre-mom life other than sleep, me-time and lack of nappies?
4. DISPOSABLE INCOME. My husband and I used to buy shit for ourselves all the time. Gadgets, laptops, TVs, game systems, jewelry, handbags, whatever. Now I have two kids to clothe, feed, care for, pay daycare/childcare/tuition for, and put money away to eventually put towards their college tuitions. It's really hard to justify a purchase nowadays that's not for the kids.

• Haha
Reactions: jarek56
I also volunteer. 😤

What's your favourite emoji? If you don't have one or you don't use them, why not?

I'll hop into the hot seat

I also volunteer. 😤

What's your favourite emoji? If you don't have one or you don't use them, why not?
5. Has to be the thinking face! It is useful in such a variety of contexts! It's sarcastic, it's funny, it's even sometimes actually thoughtful! I love that emoji.

As a bonus, here's a 3d spinning thinking face:

971.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: jarek56
What's something you'd like to do in the future?

What's something you'd like to do in the future?
6. I'd like to bring my children at some point to visit our extended family in Taiwan!

Reactions: MiharuAya
7. Did you always want to be a mom and how has the reality of motherhood compared to what you expected?

+ I also volunteer for the hot seat

7. Did you always want to be a mom and how has the reality of motherhood compared to what you expected?

Yes, I've wanted to be a mom since I was a child. I loved to cuddle and hold babies. However, that reality is long past. I cannot have children.

Yes, I've wanted to be a mom since I was a child. I loved to cuddle and hold babies. However, that reality is long past. I cannot have children.
Not that this is a bad answer but the person in the hot seat remains there until they're done with their 20 questions!

7. I ALWAYS wanted to, yes! My childhood best friend and I used to spend recess pretending to be pregnant mothers and talking about what we were going to name our kids lmao.

The reality is that parenthood is a mixed bag and it takes a certain kind of determination to handle it. Some days I have it together and other days I don't. Some days as a parent are FANTASTIC and others make me want to crawl into a hole and cry.

I will get real for a moment here and say that I had a horrible first pregnancy. Hormones going haywire, feeling like my own body was foreign to me, morning sickness turning into all day all night sickness. I would cry about things that made no sense to cry over. On Thanksgiving I had no desire to be with family at all, and all I wanted to eat for dinner was a burger, and there were almost no burger places open. I remember sitting in bed bawling my eyes out - like full on ugly crying - because I was minorly inconvenienced by not being able to get the food I wanted on a major holiday when most places were, understandably, closed. My husband did eventually find a Carl's Jr that was still open for dine-in and I did get a burger. Thankfully.

Also, my rough pregnancy turned into a rough delivery. Despite attending all the Lamaze classes and reading all the literature, baby just didn't want to come out properly. His umbilical cord had drifted between his head and my uterine wall, which was causing his blood flow to get cut off any time I was getting contractions, and his heart rate to dip dangerously low. Despite doing all the things right and at no fault of my own, I had to be wheeled to the OR for an emergency c-section against my will. The whole experience was surreal, and it still feels surreal thinking about it.

I will fully and readily admit that I resented that baby for a while, and I felt very little attachment to him for the first... 6-8 months or so. I was never diagnosed but I believe I was suffering from a mild-to-moderate case of post-partum depression. Here I was with a pregnancy and a delivery that had gone totally awry, leaving me with a bigass scar and debilitating pain in the recovery, meanwhile I had to be a human feeding tube for the very child that had caused me that pain. It was hard.

The first time I ever told my son I loved him, I cried. Not because it was an emotional or touching moment, but because I was so relieved to be actually feeling positive emotions towards him, like it was some reassurance that I wasn't broken and I wasn't some kind of monster.

I was hesitant about having another kid and I actually miscarried once. From then on my husband and I just figured we'd let nature run its course and if it was in the cards, it was in the cards, if not, then not. Got pregnant again, and second pregnancy was so, so unbelievably smooth and easy. Night and day.

Anyway, sorry for the long ramble. The short of it is, I love being a mom. But it's very different from being childless, and the lifestyle change was hard to adapt to at first. In some ways it's exactly what I expected - having some cute kids to dress up and teach and play with. In some ways it's not what I expected at all - needing to discipline and instill good values into two little shits who have the attention span of a goddamn squirrel, and sometimes needing to chase a child around the house with a spoonful of food just to try to get them to EAT.

But I wouldn't ever go back to not having kids. My heart is so full that I could never imagine NOT being a mom.

Last edited:
If you could ban something you personally hate from Iwaku, what would it be? >3 And it can't be something lame that everybody hates and would ban.

If you could ban something you personally hate from Iwaku, what would it be? >3 And it can't be something lame that everybody hates and would ban.
8. I would BAN THE FACT THAT THE ANIMATED AVATARS STILL ARE NOT ANIMATING. BECAUSE I DO PERSONALLY HATE THAT. >:[

But okay, my serious answer is that I'd get rid of a ton of div box functionality. I don't know, maybe limit how much they can do or remove them entirely from IC sections. I think they're super pretty, and lots of people make really beautiful posts with them.

But TO ME (again, just my personal opinion) I feel like they're kinda excessive. I don't mind them for stuff like OOC and character listings, lore threads and what not. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm the type of writer that likes to put the text on the page, with MAYBE an illustration or two if it helps the reader, and let the writing speak for itself.

Plus some of these div boxes are hard as fuck to read.

Again possibly unpopular opinion here because we have some crazy talented div ARTISTS on Iwaku. Don't crucify me please

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: unanun
What is your proudest accomplishment, career wise?

What are you proudest of privately (other than your kids 🤪) ?

Hmmm what's a good question to ask... Lemme rack this brain.

What's one memory from your childhood that your brain just can't seem to forget? I mean like a hella random memory that you're like why is my brain using space to store this memory?

P. S. Feel free to add me to that hot seat wait list babyyyy 👉🏻👉🏻

What is your proudest accomplishment, career wise?

What are you proudest of privately (other than your kids 🤪) ?
Supposed to be one question at a time but they've been kinda slow so I'll allow it!

9. Getting my Masters in Business Administration (MBA). I was a terrible student in undergrad. Skipped class, and relied on my close circle of friends to set up elaborate schemes to cheat on tests (I'm not making this up, ask me about it sometime). I barely graduated out of undergrad with a 2.02 GPA. 2.0 is the minimum required to graduate. I actually had to take extra classes after walking in my commencement ceremony because my GPA was 1.98 at that time, not high enough. So the summer after "graduating" I had to take two classes to actually make my graduation count.

So, that's just background. But after growing up a bit, being in the workforce a bit, and realizing I find business to actually be really interesting, I ended up applying to some graduate schools, and by some stroke of luck found a few that would consider me despite my abysmal GPA just based on the strength of my resume.

I worked harder for that Master's degree than I've worked for anything. Still had to hold down a job, attend school in the evenings, do homework, write papers, and in my second year I was pregnant, and the summer before my third and final year I gave birth. So I had a full time job, full time university, AND caring for a newborn (my son was born in the beginning of summer, so my maternity leave had ended by the time the school year started back up).

It taught me an important lesson that even when I think I have nothing left to give, I can dig a little deeper.

10. Outside of career, my proudest personal accomplishment is receiving an All-American award at the National Championship for Collegiate Mock Trial when I was in undergrad. 1000+ schools compete. Only 16 go to Nationals. Of those 16 teams (approx 320 students) only 40 students are awarded an All-American.

I was awarded one for outstanding witness performance. The witness? An actress, whose claim to fame was her starring role in a movie titled, wait for it...

Fatal Rendezvous.

That's the origin of my username.

• Love
Reactions: Nemopedia
Hmmm what's a good question to ask... Lemme rack this brain.

What's one memory from your childhood that your brain just can't seem to forget? I mean like a hella random memory that you're like why is my brain using space to store this memory?

P. S. Feel free to add me to that hot seat wait list babyyyy 👉🏻👉🏻
11. So like, way back in the day, in the early 90s, traffic safety was not taken as seriously as it is today. Like yeah you were supposed to wear your seatbelt, but most people (at least most people I knew) either didn't wear it properly or just wouldn't wear it at all.

This one time my family decided to road trip with another family in our minivan. I did not know this other family, never seen them before in my life. They had a son, maybe a little younger than me at that time. I was probably 7 or 8 and he was probably like... 6?

But if at any point during the drive he needed to pee, instead of stopping to find a gas station or, fuck I dunno, just like pulling over and pissing off the side of the road, his parents would grab the small plastic trash can we kept in the van, and have him pee in that. Like full on, pants down by his ankles, sitting on the trash can, pissing into it.

I remember thinking to myself... why? I'll never forget the sound.