20 Questions - Iwaku Edition! (3rd Generation)

19) Oldie, but a classic; one question we haven't asked yet, but which you are eager to answer?
None! I am a doorbell that only answers when rung upon ;)
20! Have you ever broken the law and if so, what's the worst thing you can safely tell us about?
I've done some minor shoplifting before, when I was a teenager (It was nothing worth more than $10, I'm sure) but besides that, underaged drinking is basically the worst I've got! However, I am a pretty frequent speeder, oops.

Hey, thanks for the questions and opportunity to overshare, you guys 😘
I now resign from the hot seat!

• Love
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
@Diana YOU'RE UP

1. What's the most underappreciated aspect of being an admin of a community like this? Like, what's something you do that most people have no idea about or don't fully understand how hard / time-consuming it is?

2. Well, what’s the most over appreciated part of being admin? Like, what do people think is great or important that you don’t really even give thought to doing, or that takes no effort at all?

3) Favourite child member?

• Nice Execution!
@Diana YOU'RE UP

1. What's the most underappreciated aspect of being an admin of a community like this? Like, what's something you do that most people have no idea about or don't fully understand how hard / time-consuming it is?
Being present and interacting with people EVERY DAY. Cause you'd think "oh just setup a site and advertise and then everyone posts and is happy!" and NO. Keeping a community active is a lot more complicated. You have to actually be here to post yourself. D: Staff can't function without someone that can guide what they're doing and give encouragement. Members also can't sustain activity without someone actively setting the example. For anyone that's been a long-time member of Iwaku, you can actually notice the activity drops during all the times admins are missing.

2. Well, what’s the most over appreciated part of being admin? Like, what do people think is great or important that you don’t really even give thought to doing, or that takes no effort at all?
I actually had to stop and think about this. >:[ To me all the little details are important. BUT MAYBE ARCHIVING DEAD THREADS, THAT TAKES TWO SECONDS.

3) Favourite child member?
The little angels that post lots of topics in General Chatting. 8D

4) Who would you entrust the site to so that you can enjoy an extended holiday?

ADD ME TO THE HOT SEAT LIST PLS AND THANKS <3

anyway. diana. if the iwaku mascot weren't a bunny, what would it be?

4) Who would you entrust the site to so that you can enjoy an extended holiday?

I BETTER BE ABLE TO TRUST THE STAFF D:<

Lead Staffers have the skills and authority to maintain things for any vacations I take for fun or for mental health! 8D Including terrible long term emergencies. I'm sure if something even more awful happened LIKE I DIED, I actually have a plan setup with Jared about keeping the site open long enough so people could save their content and move to new communities. >_> You'll all have to fight to the death to decide who runs a new site.

anyway. diana. if the iwaku mascot weren't a bunny, what would it be?

A DRAGON. OR A DINOSAUR. A DRAGOSAUR.

• Love
Reactions: neptune
You can add me to the hot seat list as well! oh god. might regret that 😂

Diana, if you weren't our resident owl mom, what other animal would you choose?

7) Are there any forum games or threads that you felt should have closed sooner?

Also when in Rome, I’ll take a hot seat as well

Diana, if you weren't our resident owl mom, what other animal would you choose?
>:[ POSSUM
NJ_Opossum_Joy_VanBuhler-scaled.jpg

7) Are there any forum games or threads that you felt should have closed sooner?

I REALLY WANT A FRESH THREAD FOR WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO BUT I WILL NOT CLOSE IT FOR AS LONG AS @Alphakoka IS STILL AN ACTIVE MEMBER!

• Love
Reactions: iridescent
8!

How has it been transitioning into a parent/guardian role with the kids you had to take in? Like, was it weird for you/them? Were there any surprises or things you weren’t prepared to deal with?

9. If you could invent anything, whether to help out your daily life or just because you think it'd be cool (or both!), what would it be?

10. If you could listen to one song for the rest of your life, which song would it be and why?

11. Have you ever considered giving up and closing iwaku for good? Besides in the case of your eventual death, that is.

How has it been transitioning into a parent/guardian role with the kids you had to take in? Like, was it weird for you/them? Were there any surprises or things you weren’t prepared to deal with?

Right now not so tricky, since I've had tons of experience with kids my whole life. The hardest part is coparenting with Gibs cause we have very different approaches. ...I also feel like the real trouble is going to be their teen years. >_> I really have no idea what I am going to do when they're tweens and teens. Who is going to teach them to drive, how am I going to get them into college, is it even worth it.. @___@ BOYFRIENDS AND GIRLFRIENDS UGH.

9. If you could invent anything, whether to help out your daily life or just because you think it'd be cool (or both!), what would it be?

A food replicator that can make a thing instantly by request. O: cause I often forget to eat or I don't have spoons left to prepare dinner.

10. If you could listen to one song for the rest of your life, which song would it be and why?

It is impossible to pick just one song. >:[ But it would be something by Poets of the Fall for sure. I think I would pick one of their most happy and inspiring ones so I had something good.

11. Have you ever considered giving up and closing iwaku for good? Besides in the case of your eventual death, that is.

OFTEN. Well, maybe not in the past year. 😂 When I get super stressed, esp over Iwaku things I wonder if it's worth it. (I always eventually remember that it is!) I am also realistic in the fact that I know one day Iwaku WILL have to close. But I'm hoping it's cause I'm old and we get to dismantle on a badass note instead of a bad one. >_>

12. What was your most recent 'shower thought'?

13. What's your most memorable story of how someone got banned from Iwaku?

12. What was your most recent 'shower thought'?

If bananas are all clones of each other, how did the original bananas seed >:[ what are the original bananas?

13. What's your most memorable story of how someone got banned from Iwaku?

No one has yet to top the My Little Pony roleplayers who magically turned a pony into a baby to do diaper watersports shock bdsm. They couldn't just do that with kinky adult ponies, they had to do it with a baby pony! We've yet to ban somebody for anything as weird or as traumatizing as that. 😂

14. What’s the most shocking/surprising thing you’ve learned recently?