20 Questions - Iwaku Edition! (3rd Generation)

4! What is some advice you would give the younger version of yourself?

5. If you could describe your current position in life with one word, what would it be?

I will throw my name in the ring to be in hot seat, as well.

Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Oh snaps, its my turn! Whelp, here I am! Lol. Let's goooo!!

A question to start you off:

1.) Do you believe in love at first sight? (No, I'm not flirting with you LOL)
Honestly? Not at first sight. Love is built on trust and communication. I definitely believe in LUST at first sight, though!

2. Is there a story behind your online name?
Not really. 13 is my lucky number, and typically when I see the number randomly somewhere, or on Friday the 13th, something really good happens to me. My username once upon a time was either Svest (meaning "seduce") or Szenvedely (it means "passion.") Both are hard to pronounce, and also old names I used on GaiaOnline. And so, XIII happened.

3. How many times HAVE you been stabbed?
On purpose? Twice. Not on purpose? I think three or four times?

4! What is some advice you would give the younger version of yourself?
It's funny, I actually think about this ALL of the time. And I don't really know. I think my biggest piece of advice would be to stay in college and to not go out with *that* guy. But if I told my younger self to not date that guy, then my son never would have been born. And he's cool as shit. But I would definitely tell myself to stay in college; I should be working in a zoo or traveling internationally to take care of wild animals by now. Maybe I would tell my younger self to never let the dad know I was preggers. *shrug*

5. If you could describe your current position in life with one word, what would it be?
Ummm... uncomfortable I think is the word. It's stressful sometimes, it's relaxing sometimes, I wish I was doing more with my life, and I wish I had just taken that leap and traveled with my sister when I could. I don't hate where my life is at now, but it's definitely uncomfortable financially and mentally right now.

Last edited:
6) What's your current #1 goal?

7. If you could go in the past and change one thing, what would it be and why?

6) What's your current #1 goal?

Oh gosh, this one is really hard.... short term is to pay off my car. I finally got my dream car and I just want to get it paid off. Long term? I.....don't know. I suppose my long term #1 goal is to make enough money to live comfortably. Land that excellent paying job, you know. The whole shebang. Boring, I know.
7. If you could go in the past and change one thing, what would it be and why?

That's really hard, too. There are a million things I wish I could change, but if I did, then my life wouldn't be where it is. I wouldn't have learned what I did and I wouldn't have met certain people along the way. I guess if I could go back and change one thing, it would be to change how I have always seen myself. I've despised myself since I was a teenager to the point that it's hard for me to look at myself in mirrors or reflections, even now. I don't let people take pictures of me very often because I would rather just live and die and be forgotten. But I wish I did love myself a bit more, and if I was stronger in myself and more sure of the person I was, I probably wouldn't have gotten myself into such awful predicaments.

• Love
Reactions: iridescent
Know you're about tired of me buuuuuut

8. What's your favorite childhood movie?

9. What's your absolute favorite fairy tale?

• Love
Reactions: XIII
Know you're about tired of me buuuuuut

8. What's your favorite childhood movie?

9. What's your absolute favorite fairy tale?

I could never be tired of you, stellar!!

8. Favorite childhood movie....hmm.... when I was little, I was obsessed with the movie "Milo and Otis." I would come home and watch it 1748201847x a day. But "Kiki's Delivery Service" is sooooo close. I'm still in love and obsessed to this day.

9. Oh man, my favorite fairy tale.... probably the Tale of Snegurochka, or the Snow Maiden. It has roots in Slavic mythology, and I was enchanted when I first heard the story. It can be found here for anyone interested.

• Love
10. When did you first start Roleplaying and if you can remember, what was your first session?

11. How did you find Iwaku?

10. When did you first start Roleplaying and if you can remember, what was your first session?

11. How did you find Iwaku?
10. I first started roleplaying when I was 11 or 12 I think. I first started in Yahoo Online or perhaps AOL online....I don't quite remember. As for first session, I don't remember. But I do remember how obsessed I was when I first discovered there was a whole world of people who enjoyed writing and creating stories just as much as me.

11. I found Iwaku quite a few years ago. I was a regular on GaiaOnline, and I loved it. But then the site was sold, and whoever took it over changed the whole dynamic. It was miserable. So I started searching, and found quite a few of them before I finally discovered Iwaku. And I've been parked here ever since. :)

12. Do you have a favorite story that you’ve written since you started forum roleplaying?

13. What’s one plot that you can never get any nibbles on?

12. Do you have a favorite story that you’ve written since you started forum roleplaying?

13. What’s one plot that you can never get any nibbles on?

12. That answer changes probably every few years, but I think my secret obsession was a roleplay I did about vampires in Hogwarts. It helped me build my skills, and I've had a couple of partners over the years with that one that have become really good friends of mine.

13. As for roleplays that can never get any nibbles? So far, I've had two that have never gotten a single inquiry. But that's alright. I tend to get people more often that are interested in roleplaying, we get profiles together, everything in between, and then I get ghosted before the first post is even done. It can get frustrating, but I understand life gets in the way sometimes.

• Love
14! You get to have a conversation with anyone who has ever existed (or currently exists). No language barrier. Who do you choose, and why?

14! You get to have a conversation with anyone who has ever existed (or currently exists). No language barrier. Who do you choose, and why?

Great question, one that has taken me quite some time to decide on an answer. Even now, I don't have much of an answer for you (not one that I can decide on 100%, I may revisit this answer.
I think I'd love to talk to Frida Kahlo. I can't tell you exactly why, but I feel like she'd be such an interesting person to have a conversation with.

I have another answer that people may judge, but just know this individual was one of the worst people I think that the history books have ever known. But the psychologist side of my brain makes me want to ask 'why did you do that, what were you thinking, and what were you feeling.' It's why I asked my deathrow inmates about their crimes. Not about details, I don't care at all about that, but what the actual f*** they were thinking when they committed their crimes. What was going on in their brain to make them think what they were doing was okay. On the same level, I wish I could have checked out the brain scans to figure out what makes someone like that. But THAT is the neuroscientist part of me talking.

15.) Would you rather be sent off to explore the deepest depths of the ocean or outer space?

16.) What is a current trend that you just don't get/understand?

15.) Would you rather be sent off to explore the deepest depths of the ocean or outer space?
If I had to choose, I'd pick the ocean. But both scare the absolute shit out of me. If I can't see the bottom of a body of water, I can't be in it without having a full blown panic attack. On that same note, however, when I was out on my mom's boat in Lake Superior, I could see to the bottom and it absolutely terrified me seeing all those giant freaking fish down there. So either one is terrifying. But space is more-so terrifying.

16.) What is a current trend that you just don't get/understand?
Oh gosh, great question. I don't really follow trends, news, stuff like that, but I will say something I've noticed is how everyone acts like they're better than everyone and that they're owed something. The 'Karens' if you will (apologies to anyone named Karen.) For anyone who has this mindset, listen closely; The world doesn't owe you a single thing. It sucks. And chances are, a lot of people have it worse than you. Stay humble. Stay kind. You're frustrated? That's absolutely fine. It's human nature. Express that to the individual making your coffee or taking your order or standing behind the register and they'll try and make your day better; I promise. Don't take it out on people just trying to make a living.

On that same note, however, I will say I absolutely love how the younger generation is forcing employers to understand mental health. Frazzled after cramming for 2 days to get that project completed and need a day to unwind? You take that day. Do you need someone to vent to because your boss is a trash human being? You got it. I love that the whole 'take time if you need it' thing is taking the workforce by storm. It was super refreshing to go from working in a place where people laughed when something bad happened to you, to having a boss that was genuinely concerned for me when I got covid for the thousandth time and demanded I take a week off to take care of me.

17! What's your favorite character you've ever written in an RP, and what makes them special to you?

To bounce off of fatal’s question:

18. Besides human, is there another species that you like to write? If so, why is that? ✨