1x1 with MiraLeigh4012 and Tanzinite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling refreshed from the shower, Jackson quickly dried himself and brushed through his short hair with his fingers. Matt was on one of the beds, eating chips and watching some stupid tv show. "I'm headed out. Where are you going to be?"

Glancing up, Matt shrugged. "Probably just gonna stay here. I'll text you if that changes. I'm not hungry yet so..." Shrugging again, he returned his attention to his tv show. "Have a nice time, but don't do anything stupid."

Smiling at his comment, Jackson grabbed a sweater -- just in case -- and left his room. Taking the elevator down to the lobby, he shoved his hands in his pockets and exhaled. Realistically, the trip was already going better than he'd expected.

Down in the lobby, he found Allie seated near the door. "Hey, ready to go?"

Allie lifted her head from the book when she heard Jackson's voice and she smiled. "Yea, I'm ready." It was already starting to get dark outside but after reading some pamphlets and such she picked out a restaurant about a mile from their hotel. This restaurant was really nice and served both western food and Mexican food which was good because she didn't know which Jackson liked. Allie stood up and put her book in her purse and held the door for Jackson as they made their way toward the restaurant. The air was cooler yet still warmer than how it would be at home. It may have been a Friday night but she wouldn't have been able to tell because of the lack of people outside. One or two on occasion but overall they seemed to remain inside businesses and their homes.

(Do you want it to happen like after the meal or when?)

It was scenic walk. Despite it being the middle of downtown, the city was beautiful. The warm air made the walk all the better. Arriving at the restaurant, Jackson held the door open for Allie and followed her in. It was busy, with waitresses bustling around trying to keep up with the patrons. "Busy restaurant you chose," he commented quietly. As he finished, a middle aged woman began asking quick questions in Spanish. Considering he knew next to no Spanish, he froze and stared before recovering. "No hable espanol," he stuttered.

"What do you want? Table for two? Hurry it up!" she called, so he started nodding his head. "Come with me!" She lead the way to a small table near a window and threw down two menus. "I'll be back in a minute!"

(Yea, I'd say so,like right after as they are leaving.) Once they got inside Allie smiled at how lively the resturaunt was and how awkward Jackson was at Spanish. Granted, she couldn't speak much Spanish either. Once they were seated Allie started to dig through her bag. "While I was waiting for you I decided to go out and do some shopping." She smiled and pulled out a book on mythical creatures seemingly located in Mexico,sliding it across the table toward Jackson. "I remember you telling me that you like to read about mythology so I decided to pick something special up for you to commemorate our first night in Mexico!"

"Okay, but I pay for the food then." Jackson reached over and grabbed the book. "Thanks," he murmured, opening the menu and taking a look at it. "I think it is taco time." It was said under his breath. Deciding that it was, indeed, taco time, he put the menu down and waited for Allie to finish deciding what to order. "So how was the shopping?" Though it bothered him that she'd gone alone, he tried not to show it. It wasn't common for him to be in any way overbearing. "The weather is so nice here. Yes, I just mentioned the weather."

Allie frowned when he lowered his voice to just about a murmur and she buried her face into the menu like she did with any other reading material and also decided that she would like tacos. Once the waitress returned she placed her order and once he placed his and the waitress had gone away she just looked at him and chuckled softly. "The weather is very nice indeed.." Her expression turned more concerned and continued,"Did I do something to make you mad?"

Jackson blinked. "No, what made you think that? I don't really get mad much, besides, I'm just a little distracted." Looking out the window, he smiled serenely. Yawning, he turned his head. "Plus I'm just a bit tired at this point. It's been a long day." It had, and the time difference was messing him up a little (I know the time change wouldn't be much, since they are still in North America). It wasn't quite enough to cause jet lag, but it was disorienting. "Have you come up with any more plans for the next few days, or just a lot of museums?" As he asked, the waitress arrived, asking for their orders. "I'll take the -" he thoroughly mispronounced the Spanish word. "- tacos. And I'd like Iced Tea to drink." The waitress smiled and took his menu. She then turned to Allie.

(Yea,nice time difference and all. And once again, phone, can't tell length so forgive me)

Allie watched him for a little bit and smiled,feeling a bit more reassured and sighed in relief. Once the waitress arrive she attempted to order her food in shaky Spanish but it was just enough to understand. Once she left Allie turned back to her table and looked down a bit. "I uh, I haven't given it much thought. Probably a few museums though." She smiled sheepishly at the table and played with the table cloth a bit. "I'm sorry I went out by myself..I know you warned me not to. Though, I don't understand why you care so much about a girl you just met." She glanced up at him.

"Well, it would kind of put a damper on the trip if a girl I just met got kidnapped or something," he smiled, making it clear it was a lighthearted comment. "And you don't need to apologize, I'm just cautious about these sorts of things. Probably more paranoid than I should be, if I'm honest. But prepare for the worst, as they say. I'd rather think the worst of everyone and never be right than think better of someone and then find out they are complete asses. It's for my own protection I guess, so I just don't trust people. I kind of trust you though." Falling silent, he began scratching at the surface of the table with the edge of his thumb. "You realize we're legal here, right? Don't you want to go clubbing or something? It's pretty cheap to." It was a mild suggestion, but it was something he himself would enjoy.

(I am just worried that Jackson would be hard to catch when sober. He's like 200 lbs of muscle, so I was almost thinking maybe they should go to a bar first so that they are inebriated and easy to herd.)

(Aaaah yes) Allie spent that entire one sided conversation blushing madly looking between him and the table. She occasionally nodded showing that she understood and yet smiled when he said he trusted her. When Jackson suggested clubbing or anything her eyes widened and her hearted quickened. 'clubbing? I've never gone clubbing. Oh god, I'm not good at social situations like that..But he looks so excited. Hey, we are in Mexico,what could go wrong.' She thought to herself before she lifted her head and smiled at him. "Yea, let's go clubbing man."

He snorted at her reply, but smiled. "Alright. We'll go with Matt, if you don't mind. Believe me when I say there's a good reason we're friends. Plus, he's the one who's been doing his research on all the best places to go. I figure it can't be too bad. Also, finish up eating and don't protest my paying. I've got more than enough for two weeks."

Jackson finished talking and took a couple of minutes to finish the taco. "We can either hang out back at the hotel, if you want, or we can meet up later tonight. They wont be going out until about eight or so. Up to you." He smiled, a little too excited. "I'm hapy either way."

Allie smiled wide at how excited Jackson seemed to be getting. She hoped that she wouldn't embarrass him too much at the club. She was new to the club scene. As he talked she continued to eat her food and watch him quietly. "I wouldn't mind hanging out at the hotel with you guys for a while." She began to protest against him paying. She hated making people pay for anything she does. But, she kept her mouth shut and just simply smiled. Once she finished up and wiped her mouth and pulled out her wallet to leave a decent tip for their lovely server.

(Do you want to continue from here or skip ahead a bit, to just before they leave to go to the club?)

Status
Not open for further replies.