(18+) The Longest War: Shards of Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gateman

Actually the statement about someone wanting to die was in reference to the well dressed spiffy idiot standing on top of the car and raising his fists as if to fight, not to the beast.

Johnathan's line of thinking being that no one is that stupid unless they have a plan, are suicidal, or are simply just that stupid
My mistake then, I apologize

The only thing that is holding me back from the RP is the impossibility of making allies and character development through conversation. It seems like the only thing to do is attack everything, and that's really putting me off.
Hmm, I wouldn't say it's impossible, really. Jotham and Edgar at least seem to be rather friendly. The only one who seems to be all "Murder! Death! Kill!" Is @Red Rabbit 's character, though that might just be to me.

Hell, without becoming allies, everyone is gonna due quickly, anyway

The only thing that is holding me back from the RP is the impossibility of making allies and character development through conversation. It seems like the only thing to do is attack everything, and that's really putting me off.

Aye - as Gateman said, making allies certainly isn't impossible. For an Awakened, Jotham is rather pacifistic and is trying to be a decent person despite his desires. You could certainly chat with him out of combat for a long time, but keep your wallet somewhere safe first. From what I can gather, Edgar seems like a decent guy for an Awakened, too.

I think even Raelin could be befriended under the right conditions; who can blame her for getting murdery to Edgar? He pinched her scarf then smooched her without permission. Bad touch XD. Maybe feeding her lots of cake gets you in her good books?

Hmm, I wouldn't say it's impossible, really. Hell, without becoming allies, everyone is gonna due quickly, anyway

How can they make allies when the idea is to try to get all the shards? To get the shards they have to kill each other.

How can they make allies when the idea is to try to get all the shards? To get the shards they have to kill each other.

Well, for starters, no one will last long without allies. Apocrypha's probably the weakest creature I'll make, and even he requires several people. Also, the idea is to avoid letting any one person get all the shards.

As for the awakened, not all of them are evil and ready to kill you. My character is a jolly idiot, and jotham seems downright saintly compared to what they could be.
who can blame her for getting murdery to Edgar? He pinched her scarf then smooched her without permission. Bad touch XD.
To be fair, we colluded a bit before the start to see how they would work together. I'm just good at being a jackass in character. Also, he's probably drunk right now...

So just how many shards were dropped then? I thought the beast only had five.

So just how many shards were dropped then? I thought the beast only had five.
The beast had 15 total (boss monsters don't have the 5 shard limit), and, after splitting, the half we killed held 7. After me stealing two, there are 5 shards left inside him for you all to loot.

Once you make a post saying you collected a shard (try to only take one each, to be fair), roll a 20 sided die. The result will determine what happens to you when you absorb it.

Number Effect Details
2-5 Power Increase one of your existing powers will be enhanced, either to make it stronger, remove a limitation, etc.
6-10 Skill Get! You gain a new skill from the previous owner, such as a new fighting style.
11-15 Power Copy you gain one of the slain opponent's powers
16-20 New Power You gain a new power in addition to your old ones (subject to GM approval)
1 Critical Fail Your corruption increases, giving you a new weakness but no new power.

Just rolling in advance so I know how Jotham will feel his power increase (or decrease, if I'm unfortunate enough to roll a 1.)

Just rolling in advance so I know how Jotham will feel his power increase (or decrease, if I'm unfortunate enough to roll a 1.)
yeah, it does make a bit more sense to do it here, now that i think about it. Wonder what your new power will be.

I'm about to post, so i'm preempting here as well
32da5c60ea179f388674745a255052ad.png

Wonder what your new power will be.
I'll probably settle for this, and edit it on to my character sheet if it's approved:

+Spirit Cloud - Once every two minutes, Jotham can cause one of his existing knives to burst into a small cloud of deep, reddish gas which fades away after a brief ten seconds. The gas is very easily flammable while it lasts, and can knock someone out if breathed in heavy doses. Akin to Spirit Flash, each usage of Spirit Cloud will make Jotham very dizzy, to the point where he'll eventually faint.

I'm about to post, so i'm preempting here as well
32da5c60ea179f388674745a255052ad.png
If you don't mind, man, can you use Iwaku's dice roll function next time? It's just a bit easier for me, and a bit more fair. Any idea what your power will be?

I'll probably settle for this, and edit it on to my character sheet if it's approved:

+Spirit Cloud - Once every two minutes, Jotham can cause one of his existing knives to burst into a small cloud of deep, reddish gas which fades away after a brief ten seconds. The gas is very easily flammable while it lasts, and can knock someone out if breathed in heavy doses. Akin to Spirit Flash, each usage of Spirit Cloud will make Jotham very dizzy, to the point where he'll eventually faint.
That sounds fine. Not overpowered, obvious drawback. Make sure to update your CS

Ooh, my first time rolling dice! Fun.
Roll one more time, 6 sided die. Even result, you get Kinetic absorption. Odd result, you get Mitosis.

OH right, I should probably do one for myself, shouldn't I?

Heh, I was expecting mitosis honestly, it seems like a better fit. Think this might be more entertaining, though
I was expecting that too! xD
Kinetic absorption does have the potential to make some amusing things happen.

I was expecting that too! xD
Kinetic absorption does have the potential to make some amusing things happen.
if nothing else, it makes you a little bit less of a glass cannon...

Status
Not open for further replies.