The Bordello Inn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esthalia

Unto my alter, offer me this bleeding heart....
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Romance, Mutant, Post Apoc
Inn-Banner-800x100_zps3zcozl5e.png

[fieldbox="Welcome - from Management, #9483EE, solid, 8, Mistral"]
Greetings, wayfarers! Welcome to the Bordello Inn!

Is it fate that brought us here? Or something completely different?

"I don't believe everything happens for a reason. But I still search for reasons anyway. It's like I don't want to admit that maybe everything really is totally random...that people are just molecules in the air, bumping into each other and floating away again."
-p150, NOTES TO SELF"

― Avery Sawyer, Notes to Self

Though it may seem antediluvian to some, homey to few, and innovative to others, the Inn has withstood the pressing test of time; impressive walls retaining precious memories of moments long passed. Ethereal magics float on gossamer strands from the heart of the Inn grounds, protecting and attracting visitors from different dimensions, universes, and time periods. All are welcome, and encouraged to stay and enjoy everything the Inn has to offer.

During a stay, you might notice that these same energies that connect us together with other worlds, also encourage patrons to become intimate with one another. This could be in a physical sense, mental, emotional, or even spiritual. The Inn is a place free of judgment. Patrons are free to do what they please, as long as it does not intentionally harm someone or is a consensual act.

The Inn does not hire patrons unless they are long time members, and have earned the trust of the owner, to which their names are added to the wall of forever friends, both as frequent visitors or staff members; present and past.

The staff at the Bordello Inn are seasoned workers, and are always more than happy to serve you a free drink or prepare you a fresh meal.

As far as attractions go, the Inn is definitely not lacking. In your leisure, take some time to stroll through the hedge maze, spend some coin at the trading outpost, explore the immortal gardens, enjoy the shade beneath our wise willow tree, or sport around on the lake depending on the season! Inside the inn you will find a large dining hall, indulgent bathhouses (which are connected to the main building), and a plethora of themed room selections that could satisfy any desire.

Click here to see examples of the Inn & its surrounding area.

~ Management
[/fieldbox]

Over time, the Inn has built its own wonderful, thriving community of both frequent, and random characters, who are free to interact with each other in any way they would like. At the inn, we love it when characters strike up conversation with each other- planned or unplanned by their players. Seeing plots develop over time is one of our favorite things ever!

The Inn is not just for smut. It does happen, but it's not necessary. We have seen meaningful stories and relationships develop between numerous characters. That said, there is nothing saying you can't come in for a completely meaningless romp; to each their own. (though we do love some character development with our ERP)

So if you're interested in this RP and aren't against having your characters (or at the very least, characters around you) getting hot 'n heavy, come join us!

"No one would have guessed that the jagged pieces of our soul fit the puzzle in this box. We were considered the left over remnants that had no place, except the picture we wanted to create together."
Shannon L. Alder

If you ever have any questions, concerns, ideas, or comments, feel free to leave a message here or shoot a PM to @Esthalia, the Inn's owner and founder! If there comes a time that she is not available for any reason, please feel free to contact @fatalrendezvous or @The Returner , they have the authority and the ability to answer any questions you may have.

[fieldbox="Bordello Inn Rules & Guidelines, #9483EE, solid, 8, Mistral"]

►► If there is any physical violence, the magical energies of the Inn will transport one or both parties outside to settle the score there. This means if there is any unwanted violence towards someone, the offender gets thrown out. If there is reciprocation, both get thrown out. This however does not work for simple things like a slap in the face of a punch on the shoulder. The inn can sense true, malicious intent, so please keep that in mind when you're writing.

►► Do not play joke or troll characters, especially ones that break the setting and spirit of the Inn. We LOVE a little comedy, but will kick out a player who is being disruptive.

►► Playing children or underage (under 18) characters: These characters are allowed, however they may not take part in ANY sexual activities (example: you will often see Esthalia in the company of her son, Talen, but he will not partake in anything of a sexual nature until his character comes of age). Ignoring this rule will automatically get you kicked out and reported. This rule does not encompass more innocent affections such as hugging or kissing- unless you are told by another player that it makes them uncomfortable and they ask you to stop. We ask you to respect other players reservations, which leads us into the next note...

►► Be respectful of ALL players, regardless of playing skill or style. The Inn is meant to be friendly for newbie roleplayers and relaxed for veteran players. Please use the OOC box to work out your differences and be civil if you're having an issue.

►► The Inn is open to both persona and original characters of all genres, though there is a ban on inanimate, animal, or "troll" characters. If you are caught 'trolling' the other members by a member of management, you will be asked to wise up or leave.

• Though playing an animal main character is not allowed, you may play an added animal 'sidekick'. Playing an animal main character can only be done if you follow one simple rule: as they step onto the inn grounds, they would be converted to an anthro character. This is to avoid any unnecessary discomfort or confusion.
►►Please keep in mind that the Inn is a chatRP and follows the same rules of other Chatrps. It is meant to be rather fast paced and free-flowing. If it is taking you longer than 5 minutes to make a post, you may be overthinking things.

►►Please be welcoming to new players and do your best to show them the way. Joining a new roleplay is hard, especially when you're surrounded by people who have been playing together for so long.

►►We all have favorites, but let's be generous to others and play diversely. You never know what kind of fun you could have by playing with someone you've never played with before

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Characters-Past & Present, #9483EE, solid, 8, Mistral"]

Current Inn Roster

Honoring Characters from the Past :
  • Myrnodyn
  • Demoloth
  • Tain
  • Legophile
  • Cerulean
  • Ceridwyn
  • Ails
  • Hydronine
  • Faulkner
  • Lupine

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="NPC Characters, #9483EE, solid, 8, Mistral"]
In the link below are some characters that will constantly be on the inn grounds for your character to interact with. They are available to everyone to play on a short hand basis and we ask that you please follow their character sheets and personalities in order to portray them correctly.

The only rule for these characters is that they cannot be used as a main character- only a secondary interaction character.

Just because these characters are there, does not mean you need to use them. If you would rather keep it simple, that is fine as well.

The Bordello Inn NPC Characters

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
I feel the need to point out just a couple of elaborating details

- There is no physical violence allowed -inside- the inn and your character will be teleported to the surrounding grounds if a fight breaks outs. This is to keep people from constantly breaking the setting and allowing the Inn to remain in tact so there can be a constant sameness and familiarity to it. IE. Not everyone will be playing at the same time as you or reading all the logs. If you break the bar in a fight, they will not know that and will not keep up with those details when they play. However, what happens to the land surrounding the inn is less important and can be treated as such.

Thank you to everyone who has ever enjoyed the Bordello inn and thank you to those who are working with me to try and make it as popular as it once was. It means a lot to me to have the support of such great roleplayers and wonderful people <3

Last edited:
So, you can bring just about any character to the Inn to Converse/Roleplay/Tell a story and so on?

So, you can bring just about any character to the Inn to Converse/Roleplay/Tell a story and so on?
Yes!

You don't have to intend to smut with your character. Just be aware that, for some characters, that IS what they intend and sometimes, they can be doing it while your character is off doing something (or someone) else.

In fact, there are numerous regular characters of the Inn who have never smutted at all! Whether that's by player choice or just by lack of companion though, that's for you to decide lol.

Fatal is right with what she said, but I want to add that it's not them coming in to -literally- tell a story (By all means, they can talk and share stories from there private universes). This is about creating stories with one another. Mixing character types and genres to form interesting relationships (romantic and not).

The only type of character that is NOT allowed at the Bordello Inn is the Troll Character or Inanimate character (ie. something that does not live, but has internal dialoge to comment on the outside world)

Haha thanks for the clarification, Estha. I missed that.

...Although if someone really did want to come in to tell a story (as long as they were in character) they'd certainly be welcome to do that too! xD

"Have a seat by the hearth while I tell ye the olde legend of Blackscale..."

Reactions: F0X and Esthalia
Mhm! Exactly :)

I was more leaning towards sharing private stories from their own world, but yes, the clarification is quite appreciated.

None, other than being over 18!

Just hop into the Inn and play!

Reactions: dragonesper
Are you sure you're in the Inn, and not the Bordello?

[NOTE - This is for the Inn chat RP, not the Bordello chatbox, which is a separate 18+ room but not using a persistent setting.]

I just took a look and there are two characters in the Inn right now!

Yes, the first is my char and the second is the results of me trying to make sense of the chatbox -.-

Mmm, no haha. It seems like you are in the Bordello chat box.

The Inn (which is what this thread is dedicated to) is held in the Inn chatbox. Just click the link and it'll take you there.

This can be kind of confusing, as the Inn USED to be called the Bordello Inn, and now is just called Inn. I'll see if I can get it changed.

Just have to say how happy this makes me :)
I peeked in on the Inn and smiled from ear to ear. Can't wait until I can join in on some fun too!

I was actually wondering what was going on with the Inn lately. I just haven't had the time or proper mood to do anything about it.

I'll check up on it from time to time... promise!

I was actually wondering what was going on with the Inn lately. I just haven't had the time or proper mood to do anything about it.

I'll check up on it from time to time... promise!

I will do my best to keep you in the loop, too.

Thinking about making some changes and adding some plot points so we can have an over all arc. I think It might do us some good since we now have a thread to post plot updates in.

Status
Not open for further replies.