INVICTUS

Credit to darkflames13 for template

Atticus Quinn
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◇ ▬▬
Interactions: Seier (@Mars Walker)
Mentions: None

HSlSVw4.png

Atticus stepped inside the auditorium, giving everyone inside a once over. Well, the ones he could see anyway. There was promise of food and booze, two things which he enjoyed. After assessing his surroundings, the male beelined for the bar. As he waited for the bartender, he had another glance around. This time, a familiar hat came into view. He knew who that was, the loudmouthed brat at training. He sort of liked her spunk. Seeing as she looked lost and a bit bored, he turned to the bartender and ordered two whiskeys on the rocks. After getting the drinks, he walked over to the small Scot, handing her the drink.

"Seier, right? Good job in training the other day." He told her, taking a sip of his own drink. "You looked like you needed booze. Hope you like Jack." He laughed a bit, looking around at people awkwardly mulling about. "And let's face it, we'll all need it to get though this damn thing." He nodded over to the bar and to the food. "The two best reasons to be here are there." As she took the drink from him, he shifted his own drink into his other hand, taking yet another sip.

"So, your powers, they're like portals right? The way you and Vyla handled that stupid ring obstacle course was pretty damn impressive. They'll probably try'n snatch you for that Magic and Occult stuff, but honestly you'd be great in collections." He sighed, finding himself now the awkward one. With yet another sip of the whiskey, he shook his head, jutting a thumb back to the bar.

"Look, I know you don't know me at all but I fucking hate it here, want to just go get drunk? You're newer here and you seem like one of the more take no shit agents, which I like, in as a non-creepy way as possible." He realized it did sound incredibly creepy to be asking this random girl to get drunk, but he wasn't going to be pissed if she said no or anything. "Obviously your choice, understandable if you don't want to drink with a weirdo you met once." He added, finishing off what was left of his drink.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: rissa
[fieldbox="Saku | Fieldwork, White "]

Saku had only recently managed to drag herself out of sleep, cursing at whoever had planned the mixer to cut directly through the center of her ninth nap of the day, which took place every day at the exact same time without fail. She wondered if someone had chosen this time specifically to mess with her sleep but decided that was very unlikely, it was probably just that humans had an easier time going out to something at this hour and then slinking back to their rooms with drunk little smiles on their faces and a justification for staying up past midnight that they would be happy with in the morning. She sighed and dropped from the piping that ran across the ceiling by freight elevator #78 to land on her feet as if she weighed nothing, her tails flaying out behind her four legged form as she would stretch and let out a small yawn. By the time the yawn was complete she was standing on two legs, having switched to her human form as her fox form tended to put people on edge when she started to talk to them through their minds.

She raised her arms above her head and locked her fingers, a small arch to her back as she stretched again before bringing her hands back down to make her way to the hall that the mixer was scheduled to be in. She passed a good amount of agents heading home after a long day of work, a few she knew but for the most part she didn't take much time to remember those that weren't directly beneath her, and even then she barely remembered those ones, they all seemed to die so quickly it wasn't worth making friends for the most part.

As she rounded a corner she'd spot a familiar duo. The red hair of the one and only Sable standing out in stark contrast to that of average brown of the one and only doppelganger of INVICTUS. She picked up her pace slightly so that she was gaining on the two and her ears flicked forward to catch the end of their conversation. She smiled and wondered for a moment how believable of an Amaranth illusion she could make before pushing the thought away, it wouldn't be fair to scare the boy like that, but it'd have been terribly amusing.

Finally catching up she'd place a hand on Sable's shoulder as she slipped in alongside the two, "You know I couldn't help but to overhear, I for one..." she smirked and leaned in a little close to Sable, "Say it can't hurt to try, right Kuroten?" she felt herself become suddenly nervous, a small amount of anxiety filling her stomach as her hand squeezed a little tightly at Sable's shoulder. He was definitely a little bit embarrassed, and he was smitten as well. It was endearing, youth in love.
@Dao Ma @Tarieles
[/fieldbox]

Seier Rose

The moment she saw Atticus coming at her with a drink, she reached her hands out and took the glass he handed her. She sniffed it as he told her what it was, though to be honest she'd have taken anything as long as it would take the edge off of living.
She listened to Atticus, only because he was the current Giver Of Drinks, following his gestures to the drink and food bars, making a mental note of getting a hold of some of the cookies. Seier definitely didn't mind being praised- she didn't get it often- and she smiled a tiny bit and took a large gulp of her whiskey, taking it like a professinal alcoholic. Her eyebrows raised a bit when she noticed that Atticus seemed to have talked himself into a work-related rut. But then again, what else was there to talk about?

"Ah focken' hate et here too. As faer as ahm concerned, we're awll jus' feckin' 'ostages wiht 'aur 'ands tied behind 'aur backs. Invictus aer death, they said! Hah! Who feckin crawled up this organization's ass n' maed 'em king, aye? Fockin cock-garglin' arsewipes is they!" She said, raising her glass aggressively before finishing the rest of it off in one pull. She gave Atticus a big grin and spoke again, "Let's get blitzed, Atti-boy!" She exclaimed, leading the way to the bar.

Seier turned to look back at Atticus, "And aboot mah powers- they aer portals. Ah can make anything in 'em that ah want, so if we end up depletin' tha alcohol reserves 'ere, we can ransack an endless fountain of et from another dimension!" She grinned again, and turned to order two more drinks, handing one to Atticus.

She held her glass up to him, "Cheers tae makin' livin' 'ere a wee bet easier!"​

@Tarieles[/hr][/hr]

• Love
Reactions: GuanYue and rissa
Daniel Collins

"Been training to not completely rely on my ability." Daniel said, noting the way Rostam acted. A sign that he was slightly worried about the way Daniel acted. Which he would admit that the way he talked did have a bit too much of self-depreciation. "As for experience. Trained by the British military. And then some here. So, I'll have your back when things get rough. And if need be, I'll be a human shield. Not everyone can respawn." He added the last bit to lighten the mood.

Hopefully.

"Collections? Nice department from what I hear. Collected anything interesting?" He said, in hopes of adding to conversation topic at hand.

When the conversation moved onto rumors. Daniel couldn't help but smile beneath the ballistic mask at Rostam's words. "Don't worry about wasting time to dispel them. Rumors are only rumors. They're not facts. But doesn't stop them from being annoying. Tolerable though. Did hear two new ones that did intrigue me. First one is that I'm a wraith that comes back to kill whoever killed me. A bit reasonable. The next one not so much. It being the 'explanation' for why I dress up like this." He made sure to do the air-quotes gesture. "Apparently I dress this way I'm an anime fan? Which don't get me wrong, that form of media is alright. Anyone can do what they please......Although there could be a character from one that probably dresses this way.....I'm gonna have to ask someone who's more......'Knowledgeable' in that regard."

Daniel looked at the now growing population in the party room. Seemed Seier had found a drinking buddy, though he could only hope that the two wouldn't get into too much trouble. He also noticed more agent handlers showed up, which reminded Daniel of his task. "Sorry to bother you, but do you know who's going to be overseeing the next recruit training session?" He asked, hoping that Rostam knew who was going be in charge of that.

@ShiroKiyoshi

Storm Kelly

Ahh, there it was. The embarrassment that flogged Sable's face. Not in a blush. Not in posture. But the look in his eyes and the slight twitch of his brow-- yes, Storm actually paid attention to those minute details. Storm glanced more fully at Sable when the man gave his response. Really? Was this little demon shit giving excuses? For a demon of hatred, one would think he'd have a little more confidence. A little bit more of a backbone. But Sable seemed more like a demon of mush at this very moment. Amusing as hell, but Storm also felt a little bit annoyed. Not like he really cared or anything.... but well, maybe Sable's well-being and happiness were kind of important. At least, for Sable's bed's sake.

But then horror struck Storm's mind. If Sable did end up getting involved with Amaranth.... would Storm no longer be able to use the bed?! He would just have to keep that bit to himself... and make sure if they did get together, they spent more time outside of Sable's room than inside. He would not have that bed taken away from him. It was the love of his life.

The thoughts were pushed away when he started to open his mouth to tell Sable about the nonsense he was spewing. "That's why you ask her to gauge where she's at. You'll never know by just sitting around waiting." He grumbled, reaching up to hold the cigarette more firmly. As he blew out smoke, Saku made herself known. Ge glanced at her, then to Sable, then back to her. So she'd heard the conversation. Not like it was entirely a secret around the base. Sable did seem to act much more chipper around Amaranth. It was a matter of putting 2 and 2 together at that point.

"See? If you don't trust my judgement, trust the seductress'." Storm nodded his head and rolled his hand a little, whirling smoke around as he did so. "But you should trust my judgement more because I'm more important." He glanced to Saku and gave her a small apologetic tilt of his head. "No offense." He looked back to Sable and replaced the cigarette between his lips. "I doubt you'd hurt her by showing interest. Worst she can say is no, and that's not always a definite answer."

Last edited:
AMARANTH L'YSANDAR

Still hovering near the table of confectionery, Mara eyed the growing occupants in the room with shrewd eyes. She nodded to herself approvingly as she realized, despite her lack of enthusiasm for the company mixer, it seemed to be fulfilling it's purpose. So with a defeated sigh she snagged another blackberry tart and went to refill her glass of punch at the bar, begrudgingly ready to mingle.

When her glass was filled she heard a pair of familiar voices, one in particular that caught her attention and frowning immediately, followed the heavily accented voice to it's owner.

"Atticus." Mara said with a nod of her head. "Miss Seier."

Her gaze was shrewd but surprisingly mellow and when she spoke again there was a small pull at the corner of her lips.

"You both are of age, yes?"

She eyed the whiskey in their glasses and wondered if the burn would taste better than whatever delightfulness resided in the punch she was nearly chugging down. Doubting it, she took in the slight frame of the void witch as she took another sip, wondering how much it'd take to help guide the girl into the Agent she'd become.

Amaranth couldn't help but feel pity for whoever would end up getting saddled with that pint size ball of rage.

Taqqiq Selene Amaruq
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❆ ▬▬
Interactions: Leo (@Dao Ma)

WYilRiZ.png

Selene's head snapped up as she heard voices, and someone open the cell door. She sat up and pulled her legs up to her chest, watching the man carefully. He introduced himself, informing her she wasn't in trouble. She highly doubted that. She stayed where she was, still carefully watching him as he sat down, asking her for a chat. Those towels would be nice, but she was wary. But she did have questions...

She still stayed quiet, but she relaxed a bit, straightening her legs and standing up. She slowly sat down at the table, taking a towel and rubbing her face with it. Pulling it away, she inhaled sharply that there was indeed some blood on it. She placed it in her lap when she was done, red eyes glancing up at the man, Leo.

"First question," She started, staring down at her hands, "How many?" She squeaked, choking up again. "How many did I... you know. How many did I kill this time?" She sat stock still, staring down at her lap. "You say I'm not in trouble, I don't believe you. I mean, I'm a murderer, I'm wanted, you look like a cop or something." She inhaled deeply, still crying and tears forming. "God I shouldn't have left my parents. They're gonna see this shit on the news." She was silent a bit longer, gathering herself.

"God damn it that was also a confession. Cool. Hey, women's prisons are nicer I guess." She attempted a chuckle while still sobbing and sniffing. "Y'know, unless you guys send me to a lab or something. Probably cuz the animal thing, and, wow hey where am I even?" She swallowed back some of the sobs, now rocking back and forth slightly and rubbing her arms. "Are you keeping me in Lethbridge?"

• Love
Leo De Luca

Well, the fact that Selene moved and seemed somewhat responsive was good news. Leo didn't try to egg her on to move any further than she did. Patience was a delicate thing here, and he knew that pressing her would probably only make her retreat back into herself.

Her first question was a grim one. Leo knew the answer, but debated on telling her. The truth was the right thing, but for sensitivity's sake... Leo took in a breath and slowly let it out. "Two dead, three severely injured." He frowned slightly, folding one hand over the other on the table. "It was fortunate that one of our operatives was in the bar when it happened."

Leo shook his head at her ramblings. They were all valid concerns. "It won't be on the news. The entire thing was covered up and taken care of. No one will lead it back to you, and your parents are completely safe." He knew he probably should take this time to explain himself. He straightened up a little more, preparing to flood Selene with information. He glanced down at the table and flipped open her file.

"You're not in Lethbridge, and you're not going to be sent to a lab." He raised emerald eyes to give her a quick glance. "You're in Texas. Where you are right now, is a facility belonging to a very secret organization filled with people just like you. Just like me. Shapeshifters, people with abilities, beasts and monsters... Those who've harmed intentionally or just by a tragic accident." He paused and turned her file around and pushed it toward her to show her. "You are currently with Invictus."

He let this new information echo in her head and settle. He knew it wasn't something someone could easily accept or even understand. He didn't expect her to. "Invictus has looked into your case. We know that you didn't mean to kill that boy long ago. We understand that sometimes, people can't control themselves when they're not... entire human. And Invictus knows that this time was no different. So instead of punishing you for something you very clearly regret... we've decided to give you a chance for redemption." He paused again, waiting to see her reaction. She could easily sway one way or the other. Would she freak out? Get angry with confusion and frustration? Relief was usually scarce in a situation like this. "I apologize if I'm being forward, but we would like to help you here."

Template credit to darkflames13

Sable Mereworth
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⛥ ▬▬
Interactions: Storm (@Dao Ma), Saku (@FrostedCaramel)

Mentions: Mara (@rissa)​

Sable jumped a bit when he felt a hand on his shoulder plus a female voice. He thought for a second Storm had put a hand on his shoulder, but the voice threw him off. He looked over to see Saku, and now he was even more flustered. The more people who knew of this, the easier it would get back to Mara.

"Okay, okay, fine. I suppose I can ask her... sometime..." He trailed off, thinking for a bit. "Where exactly is the best place to even take someone on a date? I've been told to dinner, but I don't really... eat. Or drink." He paused, continuing to muse over potential places. "I've never exactly been on a real date." He admitted sheepishly. The closest he remembered was once being Laya's pack mule when she went shopping. He didn't mind, and all she really asked was if she looked good in certain outfits and for him to carry stuff.

"Should I just ask her where she wants to go?" He lowered his voice slightly, as the group turned to the auditorium where everyone else was filing in. He paused at the door, waiting for answers. He wasn't exactly going to admit he was incredibly dense to relationships, but he wasn't going to deny it either.

"My last relationships weren't... overly normal? The first one started in 1821, and the last one started in 2014 and we didn't date, per se." Sable wasn't sure how good of an idea it was to ask these two for dating advice. As far as he knew, Storm didn't really go out with people considering he always spent his nights sleeping. Saku... Well, she was even older than he was. Either she would have it down pat or be more confused than he was.

• Love
Reactions: rissa and GuanYue
✘ . VIGDIS REYES
Department of Fieldwork
New Recruit

The sound of heavy bolts being pulled away by machinery echoed through the floor. Even if it hadn't been one of several set aside for the detainment of whoever and whatever INVICTUS deemed necessary to, it was a sound that rang ominous nonetheless. For the agents responsible for overseeing those held there, perhaps not as much. Both armed with partially unassuming, yet still very potent neutralization gear, they kept their eyes trained on the inside of the cell as the door slid open. Bright overhead lights kicked on in earnest, illuminating the room and the occupant beyond. There would normally have been an attempt to ask the occupant to move to the back of the cell previous to all this. Unfortunately, that protocol had been discarded a day or so ago.

She was very insistent on greeting guests personally.

Standing about a foot away, moss green eyes hyper focused upon the guards at the door, was a woman. She was quite tall, coming to stare evenly at both me. The wide toothy grin was accompanied by a slight tilt of her head; a gesture, while quizzical by any other standard, just added to the unnerving presence of the woman. It was that chill of bring studied by a predator.

"Hello, Clarence~" The tone was sickly sweet, breathy like a purr. The sensation was enough to make one of the guards wince. This didn't go unnoticed, and just as suddenly as she had been standing there, the woman burst into a ball of laughter. "Hellig skit! Holy shit, I didn't even think that would be the thing to get you! A whole week and it's an ancient reference that does it!"

The guard frowned and huffed, the other shaking his head and taking a step back. "The paperwork finally went through. The higher ups have decided to keep you at this location until further notice." The guard took a slow, deep breath, then straightened up just that slight bit more. "Agent Vigdis Reyes, you are hereby given freedom to roam about the facility as your clearance allows." The last few words of the sentence came out stiffly. It was obvious that the guy wasn't excessively thrilled about this decision.

In the short time she had been there she had come close to notably injuring several personnel, including the event that lead to her recapture. And here she had come in with the intent to help. How was she to have known the flesh of that creature had been particularly potent for Garr to devour? It just looked like some weirdly shaped goblin. Ah well. At the very least she had left a rather sharp impression upon the lucky few on that mission. The very thought of that day, the last day that she had been free as of recent, made her chuckle. That had been a good day.

It didn't take long for Vigdis to gather up her things and wander on off. Even prior to being pulled in, Vigdis was use to traveling extremely light, and with her having suddenly and rather unorthodoxly shifted locations, she had even less to her name. The rest of it was probably shoved in the back corner of a room somewhere in the NYC facility. It also wasn't like she wasn't going to be coming back to the cell later. She was still a month out from getting all the big kid furnishings, and even then, they might just leave her in there. That part was evident by the armed escourt she was receiving to...

Vigdis paused, taking her eyes from the surroundings and looking to one of the guards. "Hey, where are we going again?"

The guard just grunted, stepping off to one side of a pair of large doors and pulling it open. "Go figure it out for yourself."

The first thing that hit her was the scent of food - meat to be specific. There were other, more delicate scents mixed in with it, like the freshness of vegetables and the sweetness of fruits, but what her instincts honed in on was that heartiness. Nigh instantly she could feel the saliva building up in her mouth. Beyond that was the sound of voices, and picking it apart further, there being easily dozens and dozens. The room beyond was aplenty with people, in there with the food. And finally, that tickling burn of alcohol. This bouquet of sensations stewed themselves together in her mind, and in the end the answer that was produced caused her smug smile to widen once more.

"A party!"

Vigdis gave the two guards a tip of her fingers to her forehead before striding in. Just stepping into the buzzing energy of the room made her skin ripple with excitement and anticipation. During her short stint on the outside, which ultimately ended up with her practically across the country from her original branch, she wouldn't deny that she had indulged herself somewhat. She had kept on the tail of that damn Shroud Hare the entire time, but seeing as she had somewhat jumped off the radar, why not have a little bit of fun while trying to finish the job? It had been enough to whet her pallet once more, and just as she had during her time wandering as a hunter, she craved that electric interaction with others. To that end she dove right in, wading and weaving through the bodies, eyes jumping from place to place to take it all in and search for where she wanted to start. So many new faces, food and alcohol!

"Ahhhahaha! Fuck yeah! It's been way too long!"

Credit to darkflames13 for template

Atticus Quinn
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◇ ▬▬
Interactions: Seier (@Mars Walker), Mara (@rissa)

HSlSVw4.png

Atticus listened to the young witch speak, not totally agreeing with her but also not totally disagreeing either. He wanted to find his family, but the facility was helping him with that and had better resources, so there was at least that. Once he found his family, however, he might think differently about continuing to be a hired weapon. He gave a small smile at her agreement of getting drunk, and followed her back over to the bar, sitting down at one of the empty seats. However, cock-gargling arsewipes was an insult he was going to have to use...

With her telling him they could ransack another place with her powers, he suddenly saw how her abilities could be useful in just about any situation. He took the drink, clinking it with hers lightly and taking a sip, setting it in front of him.

"And getting this mixer the hell over with." He chuckled. "Except this. This bar can stay." He gestured around in front of him. He leaned on the bar, when a voice broke through the chatter around them. He glanced over to it, only to see Amaranth, an agent he had really only met once or twice. He knew she was some sort of fairy and had a kid. He respected her for being a single mom. He laughed a bit when she asked if they were of age.

"Well I know for a fact I am." He looked to Seier, suddenly wondering if she was of age. "And, well, not really sure on her. But she can kick ass with the rest of us. Old enough to kill a man, old enough to drink, I always say." He finished the drink Seier had got for him, sliding the glass towards the bartender and asking for three shots of vodka. Sliding one to Seier, he kept his in front of him and handed the other to the Fae.

"C'mon, you look just as done with this shit as the rest of us, have some fun, loosen up." He said, urging her to take it. "You can even pour it in some of that punch if you don't like it, I won't judge. Well, unless you've already spiked it, then I like your style."

Seier Rose

Seier threw the shot of vodka back with ease, a small smile still playing on her lips. She was pleased with the compliments, and she snickered at the fact that neither of them knew whether or not she was old enough to drink.
"Ahm owld 'nuff. Not like ah've naw ben drinkin' since ah wos 16. Someone 'ad tae empty ma pa's fine liquor cabinet, 'cos me ma' sure as feck, werenae doin' et. AN' ah'v kilt 'boot three men tha' the law knows of, so I'm def'natley owld 'nuff by Attyboy's definition!" She spoke proudly, her shoulder's squared, almost as if she was attempting to seem bigger. But no matter what Seier tried, she'd always be just five feet tall.
Seier felt a little warmed by the alcohol, and it gave her comfort. She looked to Mara with her intense grey eyes, "Ah awlways say 'Spike et, n' spike et some more'. Es naw' a proper drink if ye can still feel yer feckin' face!" She said, a devilish smile appearing suddenly.
Seier opened a small portal in front of herself and reached through it. Another portal opened behind the bartender next tot he whiskey bottle, and Seier's hand moved through the portals, grabbing the whiskey and pulling the bottle through. While the bartender gave a disapproving gaze, Seier took a swig from the bottle in a casual manner, offering the bottle to Mara.
"Jus' follow Atticus' advice an' loosen up wit' sommae dis shite." She insisted, her devilish grin still remaining.

@rissa @Tarieles[/hr]​
[/hr]

• Love
[fieldbox="Saku | Fieldwork, White "]

Saku hummed an agreement when Storm said to trust the seductress, a little happy he'd chosen such an elegant word rather than something more... current. She brought a hand up and waved in the direction of Storm, "None taken dear." she said with a small smile, she quite liked Storm, it was too bad he seemed about disinterested in everything. Saku gave Sable's shoulder a small squeeze as he began to ramble, and when they stopped at the door and he finished his small anxious rant she figured it was a better time than any to give her thoughts.

"First of all, Kuroten I don't eat or drink like other races either. But if you go on a date, put on a strong face and a smile and eat something..." she tilted her head and gave a small shrug, "Or at the very least drink something. It becomes rather awkward for the other if you don't even drink anything... Although I'm not sure if food tastes bad for you?" she asked not giving time for an answer as she continued on, "It doesn't for me I just need to force myself to eat."

She let go of Sable and stepped in front of him and Storm, crossing her arms over her chest as she studied his face, "Dinner works well, that or drinks. I'd just admit you're unsure where to go, you don't eat, that's a well known fact she won't be very surprised that you don't know the best restaurants to go to I'm sure she'll get that." she brought a hand to the side of her head, it'd been a long time since she'd had to think of dating and advice for it, most of the men she fed off of were more than happy to skip the formalities for the main course. "Plus if she chooses then she's guaranteed to like the food." she said with a smirk before it switched to a frown as his final words bounced around in her head. A relationship.

"You're maybe getting a bit ahead of yourself. This is a date, it's only a relationship when she wants one too." she gave a sad smile, "That's what this is for. Now put on your big demon pants and go talk to her." she gave him a slap on the shoulder and moved out of the way of the mixer.
@Dao Ma @Tarieles
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: GuanYue
ROLAND L E E CROWLEY
The spell you got on me it's like magic! Got me feeling like I'm fallin' in love! Got me feeling like I'll never give up, oh! Got me feeling like I'll never give up on you!
The spell you got on me it's like magic! Got me feeling like I'm fallin' in love! Got me feeling like I'll never give up, oh! Got me feeling like I'll never give up on you!
mister crowley

Less than a few hours were spent with the main reason why Mister Crowley worked tirelessly to transfer to the Texas Branch. The first day made him realized how much he’s missed being around Venn, but after that… it’s been over a week. Over a week of chasing a dirty, giant farm from one fucked up chicken. Over a week of deciding to torch the place than risking a contamination breach. Over a whole, fucking week trying to explain the reasoning over the loss of a multimillion dollar business and mass decline in poultry products for the country. Over a fucking, goddamn waste of his life of a week was spent babysitting the mission report he was supposed to turn in two days ago.

Not once did he have the time to spend more than a minute seeing Venn before he was dragged off to fill out more paperwork and explain himself. And, now, finally… the end was near! He was nearly done with this report! With a few keystrokes and button clicking, he would be free to attend the mandatory “office mixer” and see the one person he worked so hard (and behaved!) in order to earn this transfer. And, he was barred from that holy of holiest gifts because an error had occurred that had obliterated his completed mission report.

This computer needed to die a slow and painful death.

The light of the monitor bathed Mister Crowley in steller vibrant blue as he kept reading the words on the screen. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart... 13 hours. 13 hours of his life was poured into trying to make sure that the mission report, collaborative reports, mission completion summary, and the total collective collateral damage costs were in their neat places and typed out to the specification of what Invictus demands from their “volunteered agents.” Sure, half of this was his fault in trying to avoid completing them on time. But, did he deserve this? Maybe, but Mister Crowley didn’t think so.

Mercurial eyes finally closed as a curse escaped from the magician. His hands shuffled against his person as he pulled out a silver case. Pushing a button open, it revealed a series of black cigarettes. Plucking one, he closed the case and slipped it back into a pocket. His fingers snapped and gestured, causing a silver lighter to appear in his hand. Soon, he lit the end and vanished the lighter. Thick, blue smoke swirled around his head as his monitor finally shut off and popped back on, revealing the booting screen. Below was a percentage gauge of when the computer would be fully booted. The smell of spice did little to calm his nerves. Raw magic spiked across his mouth and tongue, slowly making its way down his lung. It prickled his lips, hoping to ease the growing rage within the usual calm and jubilant magician.

1% …. 1% …. 3%... 5%... 8%... 1%...

Nope. Nope nope nope nope noooope! Fuck dis.

He’ll deal with HR in the morning. Mister Crowley had did all he could to be a “good agent,” but if that didn’t amount to Jack with faulty equipment, then so be it! Standing, he stamped out the remainder of his strange cigarette before he rose from his desk and made his way out. The door slipped shut behind him, revealing a rather, classy name and title on the door: Roland Lee Crowley: Supervising Investigator of the Magic and Occult Department.

It was all quiet for the most part as bare feet padded against cool, tiled flooring. Mister Crowley assumed that just about everyone was “partying up” at the mixer. Well, maybe if his newly assigned partner isn’t there, then he could seek out someone else. Find Venn and see if the two can cut away early. Hopefully. Stepping into the scene, it was pretty clear that the mixer was the place to be with how many agents filed in here. His focus, though, wasn’t on the clusters of people gathering into cliques, but looking for solitary agents. Mister Crowley’s eyes brightened when they finally landed on his target, causing a smarmy grin to stretch across his scruffy face. Taking a seat close to Venn, he leaned close and spoke into his ear. “’ello, Luv~
location ● mixer ▏ status ● going in for the kill ▏ theme ● X

Xx8CKfG.png
Adam Kane aka Akira
Location - Gym, locker room, party
Mentions - @Dao Ma @FrostedCaramel @Tarieles
Interacts with - No one

It was finally the day, the day Adam had dreaded for a while now. It was time for the meet and greet party where they planned on dumping another partner on him. There was a reason Adam preferred to work alone, for one thing his partners have the habit of dying on him. He was currently in the gym trying to squeeze in a quick workout before being stuck at that lame ass party. He picked up the dumbells and started pumping out bicep curls. He finally cranked his last set when he looked at the clock. "Damn, I better leave now or they'll chew me out again."

Adam headed towed the locker room where he showered, groomed himself and got dressed for the party. He didn't put on anything special just his standard issue Invictus suit and tie. He took one final look in the mirror and left the locker room on his way to the party. As he passed fellow agents he kept quiet, Adam's always been a lone wolf after all. He reached the hallway that would lead him to the auditorium when he stopped. "I really don't want to go to this stupid thing." He took in a deep breath when something amazing filled his nostrils.

Adam could smell the food, if there was anything that would make him attend a stuffy party it would be food. His stomach growled and he followed the smell to the Auditorium. As he walked in he saw several familiar faces especially those of Storm, Saku and Sable. He kept his face down as he passed them not wanting to interact with anyone inparticular. He didn't exactly hate any of them, well maybe Storm a little but he just didn't want to get dragged into a stupid conversation about Sable's love life. Instead he headed straight for the food, he grabbed a few plates and filled them with meat. He found an empty table by the corner, sat down and started eating. "Damn those bastards, they know I can't resist a good rib." He said as his jaws cracked through the bone like nothing. He got up and grabbed several glasses with different cocktails in them and started drinking. He smiled, grabbed a rib, a glass of vodka and as his fangs grew out said. "Maybe these parties are ok once in a while."

Taqqiq Selene Amaruq
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❆ ▬▬
Interactions: Leo (@Dao Ma)

WYilRiZ.png

Selene was quiet as she was told about the casualties in her latest rampage. She just wanted to shrink away. Two more people gone because of her, people who probably had a long life. Her head was swimming, she couldn't believe she let herself cause this much pain again. She tuned out the first part of his next sentence, but was able to concentrate on his voice. She wasn't sure how he knew her parents were okay, she didn't even know where they were. Maybe that meant he knew and she could get back to them.

Her head perked up when he mentioned she was in Texas. Then came the flood. Others? There were more of her? More monsters. Her eyes widened slightly, then she shook her head.

"No, no. No way. You're telling me there's more kinds of... things out there. That can't be, like from stories." She looked down at her hands, before looking back at him. "I... I didn't know. I thought we were it. My kind. I mean, well, like I hoped we weren't. Like unicorns." She paused, giving him a suspicious look. "Are unicorns real?" She questioned, before looking down at the folder in front of her. There, in type, was almost her entire life. A little... formal, but it was there.

"Jesus you're not shitting around." She gasped quietly, scanning her information further. She once again gave him a wary look. "So you said there are others, like me and you. What are you then?" She asked almost in an accusatory way. She had pretty much stopped crying, now that the initial shock was over and she was more interested in just what was going on.

Then he mentioned Thomas. The whole reason for her rampage. Her shoulders slunk, and her head drooped once again, her red eyes going still. She would have loved for that to have simply been erased from her history. She hated that it happened, but she never wanted to forget it. She had been done mourning until the phone call. All the blame had been cast on her, as it should have been.

"You... You guys are thorough. Then I suppose you know about my warrants. Gang activity. No sense in hiding that shit if you guys know of it. Don't really know what you mean by redemption. I don't... I don't deserve it." She murmured, starting to choke up once again. "Apparently I just suck at killing myself or I wouldn't be here." She paused, sobs racking her chest for a few moments. She covered her mouth, inhaling as deep as she could.

"S-So you want to help. Obviously not for free." She finally leaned back in her chair, staring at the ceiling to get her bearings together. After a some time of steady breaths, she composed herself some more and looked back at Leo. "You pretty obviously want me to join your... company thing," She waved her hand, not bothering with proper terminology. "If I do... Can I talk to my parents? I just... I want to say sorry. Sorry for ruining their lives." She paused, starting a sentence a few times before deciding not to say anything. She pursed her lips, shaking her head.

"And... I think I need help." She finally added. "Like, real help. This..." She could feel a lump in her throat, but fought it back. "This isn't my first attempt. Y'know, attempt. I went to that bar to die. Thought maybe, hey, I'm a goddamn alcoholic, this can be the end of me, probably pretty painless. Didn't work the first time, probably didn't drink enough." She paused, realizing he probably didn't want to hear her suicide attempts. "My point being, I need help. Again. If I join, I need help. Please."

• Love
Reactions: rissa
AMARANTH L'YSANDAR

Mara bristled at Atticus' comment and frowned disappointedly when Seier hijacked the whiskey bottle from behind the bar. Almost wearily, Mara poured the shot of vodka in her punch glass, grabbed the bottle from Seier and refilled the shot glass with whiskey. The bottle made a thunk when she placed it on the bar and when she knocked back the whiskey, so too did the shot glass.

"You should ask next time," Mara said softly. "I'm sure the bartender would have willingly given it over." Grabbing a tip for the bartender, she grabbed the bottle and motioned towards one of the unoccupied tables.

If they wanted her to loosen up, well...

"Care to join me?"

@Mars Walker @Tarieles

Last edited:
Pjq9w6K.jpg

Company Mixer - Ho Ho Ho!

Hup. Hup. Hup.

Santa sprinted as fast as he could, but at the height most would expect from him. He was the size of a small pebble. It was common knowledge this was his preferred method of travel and he did it because he was able to play with his toys more effectively this way. However, those same toys caused him to be late. After working for so long, trying his best to keep track of the amount of bodies he'd dragged into Invictus recently, he decided he deserved a play break. He did not take in account that he needed rest.

He woke up this morning to the sound of the dying battery of his choo-choo train. When he snapped his eyes open he found that he had indeed shrunk and accidentally fell asleep in it. Unaware of the time he got ready for the day at his usual snail pace until a letter shot through his magic sack. It read:

"Dear Santa,

Please don't forget your appointments for today. There is a company mixer in the auditorium of your base. You also have to turn in your paperwork. Please have your paperwork done.

Love,
Your Hard-Working Elves"
"Oh brother." Santa managed to say as his pants dropped.

And so you see, this is how Santa ended up in the ventilation system.

A long drop was up ahead, putting him directly over the auditorium. He took a deep breath and jumped. As he fell he increased his weight to that of a boulder and pierced the metal like a bullet. Falling too fast, he had no time to shift his weight to become lighter and shot through a table just as he had the shaft. Luckily, having the same effect as a bullet, this caused no immense ruckus. He simply was falling that fast.

He peeled himself off the ground and looked at the two miniature Santa sized holes above him. No major damage. Good, he could fix that himself later. He pranced around the legs of the table before reaching into his magic sack and pulling out a grappling hook. He took aim at the tabletop, closing one eye, and sticking his tongue out. It only took a few moments before he was locked on and he fired his hook. The gun rappelled him up to the counter top where he landed doing a somersault into a roll.

He looked around at the auditorium and the people in it. He took note of his immediate co-workers, Saku and Sable, and waved. However, he quickly realized that would yield no reaction given his current size, but as he sat there waving, as tiny as he was, he looked over to his shoulder and saw a giant consuming the dead carcasses of animals. Santa's face shriveled in horror, and he almost screamed, until he realized it was just Adam.

He took a breath and waved to the giant man. "Hello there Adam." Santa said as he walked over to the man's plate, peering over the edge of it to see what he was eating. "Oh, where'd you find those? I want some."

@Kurogane86

tprfaUQ.png

Company Mixer - Its 'Aight

Rostam smiled when Daniel asked him about Collections. His main duties were to act as an informant on artifacts and in other cases to secure artifacts. Sometimes though he was sent to collect the people with the artifact as well. It brought up unpleasant memories, but nothing he really brooded over. Nonetheless they weren't all happy thoughts that ran through his mind so when he answered the conflict in his head was obvious in his voice.

"Really? Haven't collected anything really as of late. Artifacts are pretty rare, especially Invictus not having one, so what ever ones that are out there is typically new stuff or stuff that would go against Invictus' ethics; distorting reality, mass destruction, summoning of evil entities, etc. So, I'm typically used as a reserve for "herd control" or for stealth. I'm pretty good at the latter, Santa was my handler for a brief period." Rostam answered as he crossed his arms and shifted his weight to one side. "Until something major happens with an artifact I'll pretty much be about the same as an investigations agent for the moment. I enjoy the free time."

As he spoke more about his job it was obvious that Rostam was getting bored of the topic. He broke eye contact with Daniel and examined the ceiling as he waved his hand around explaining his work. His gaze eventually fell back on the man as he finished and he moved onto the rumors that Rostam had asked about. Nothing Daniel said really got a reaction out of Rostam until he mentioned him looking like an anime character.

"You look nothing like any anime character and if you do, it doesn't count unless you take the headgear off and have different colored hair. However, if you're that interested, ask Gabe. That's his thing." Rostam said with a shrug of his shoulders. It was totally his thing. He wasn't going to admit it.

Rostam took note of the new arrivals as well, looking over his shoulder to catch a glimpse of them, turning to face Daniel when he asked about recruits Rostam pointed toward the group of Saku, Sable, and Storm. "Have you noticed all the Agent Handlers start with the letter 'S'? But, yeah, either Santa, Saku, Sable or Storm. Most likely Storm. He enjoys torturing recruits. Sadist that guy. However, it honestly depends on the person. Like the girl who stabbed Adam? Sable is most likely the best fit for her. So, it's all guesswork at the moment since stuff like that isn't really posted anywhere." Rostam answered.

"You want to get some food?" Rostam asked.

@The Wanderer

• Love
Daniel Collins

As Rostam talked his job and its details, Daniel was listening quietly. Only making a 'hmmm' sound when Rostam said that Santa was his handler. "Never talked to the man much, though from what I hear. He's.......unique to say the least." It was true, Daniel had only talked or interacted with Santa only a few times since Daniel joined Invictus' ranks.

When Rostam mentioned Gabe, Daniel couldn't help but look around at the party's growing population. As he couldn't remember if Gabe had shown at all. Normally, the man wouldn't be caught dead not attending such an event as this. Unless he was caught up in something else, but still. It was strange.

Finally the conversation went to the topic that Daniel was most interested in; the agent handlers that'd be in charge of training the new recruits. Really did seem like all of the handlers' names began with an 'S.' Daniel wondered if that played into a group name or something. It did seem like he had a small list of people to ask. But he couldn't exactly tell who would let him on. Storm would, only because the man could care less. Sable would be the best choice to ask, although he would politely ask if Daniel was truly up for it or if he was alright. He would more than likely go with asking Sable.

Not right now, as from where Daniel was. It seemed that Sable was in the middle of something important, and Daniel didn't feel like distracting Sable from whatever he needed to do.

Saku and Santa were unknown factors, as Daniel hadn't really asked either of them if he could join to act as target practice. He would have to find out once he found out who was going to be in charge of training, as from what Rostam was saying. Things like that weren't known yet, which did put a slight damper on Daniel's mood.

When Rostam had asked if he wanted to get food, Daniel politely replied with. "No, but thank you. Not really hungry right now." He had grabbed a bite at the cafeteria before he went off to train, and before he got the invitation to come here.

"But go on ahead, I have some things to do real quick." He added. "And I hope our future endeavors are met with success." With that said, Daniel decided to just wander about the party, until something would catch his interest. As he was wandering about, he could hear someone yelling their excitement about the party. And for a split second, Daniel thought it was Gabe who was yelling. But when Daniel turned to see if his assumptions were correct, he saw the voice's owner was female and not Gabe. Another new person from the looks of it.

Moving on, Daniel took to just standing near another wall, trying to decide on what to do next...

• Love