8 a.m. to 3 p.m. EST
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern Fantasy, Fantasy, Psychological, Action, Steampunk

If someone asked me if I was 「happy」, I wouldn't be able to answer them.

I wouldn't claim to be 「happy」; I wouldn't claim to be 「sad」.

I don't know enough about either to know whether I'm one or the other.

「Happiness」 and 「sadness」; they aren't things I really think about.

I don't really consider myself to be someone who has such things as 「experiences」 and 「feelings」.

I just...

「Flow.」

Hello, fellow roleplayers, and welcome to my "Interest Check" of sorts for a 1×1 roleplay I'm looking to do. I've been a whore for high school romances lately, partly thanks to Scum's Wish, among other things.

Just a bit of a heads up that the roleplay is M×F, with me playing the role of the female. If you don't play males or don't like the pairing, this isn't for you!

So just a general overview of the plot.

Basically, 【MEL】ancholic×h【APPY】ness is about a melancholic girl that flows through life, always opting to take the path of less resistance. One day, one of the happiest (but not necessarily popular) boys at school decides to ask her out on a whim, later stating that his reason for asking her out is because he finds her interesting. She agrees, seeing no reason not to and finding that dealing with the guilt trip of rejecting him might be more trouble than dating him.

The roleplay follows their evolving relationship as a couple of pure convenience. While I'd list romance as a genre for this, it isn't the most prominent theme — that being emotions and whatnot.

There's both a smut version and a smut-free version, but the former is, naturally, Red Star only. Just in case anyone wants that.

Also I'm a weeb so maybe expect some anime tropes here and there. Just a warning!

P.S.S. I'd prefer to do this roleplay in first person because I feel it lends itself more to emotion and philosophy in writing, but I'd be willing to do third person if you really can't bear first.

Last edited:
I just started watching Scum's Wish <3!

I'm on episode four and hot dang... I don't think I've seen an anime like this before.

If you're still looking for an RP partner :0, I'd love to give this a shot! Would you be open to the idea of doubling up on characters though? I like when there's more than two people in the world xD. Also, I'd rather go with third person with some inner monologues here and there instead of outright first person, but this idea is something I'm definitely interested in! Maybe we can work something out despite some of these differences?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Wryneck
It's pretty good. Call me sensitive, but the ending made me cry like a little bitch. The soundtrack leaves a little to be desired, but those opening and ending themes are god tier.

Just checked out your roleplaying history and it looks like you're up to snuff! I wouldn't mind doubling up, so long as they don't detract too much from the main couple that's not a couple. Third person is also fine, though we might lose a little character depth because this is a very dialogue and thought driven narrative.

That aside though, yeah, I'm good with everything. Looks like I found my partner!

• Thank You
Reactions: Fox of Spades
Status
Not open for further replies.