120+/- people slain in mass shooting, suicide bombing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't most people just call that WWIII?
Not quite what I was getting at.

WWI was a war largely over feuding Royalty.
WWII however was bred through a ton of bitter and hateful feelings among people, including racism towards the Jews and Japanese.

All WWIII needs to be to count as WWIII is be a war involving a ton of countries.
Rather what I mean with recreating WWII is setting up that same hateful and bigotted environment and mentality, only instead of Jews or Japanese it's Muslims.

(And no, I'm not saying people can be racist to Muslims, because Muslim isn't a race. But I still fear a similliar hate motivated reaction).

Reactions: Hellis
Yup, laws preventing refuges will totally work.

Because if there's one thing we can say about ISIS it's that they're law abiding.
Also, Thank you for this. The people who did this were either people who lived in EU for quite some time or made their way in with forged passports that they got in Turkey.

But of course, If you were to show any sort of humanity and empathy towards those in terrible need, and open your country to shelter those who has nothing; You are a bleeding heart liberal.
Exacly the card ISIS plays on. Taking advantage of us being the human, caring types. I hate to say this, for the risk of sounding like a heart-less bitch, but empathy is a liability in war. And Europe is at war, vhether we like it or not. And those "bleeding heart" types are usualy the first victims, too. Europe shuld have never accepted ANY of those migrants, they shuld have forced other Muslim countrys to take them. Like Saudi Arabia, for instance. Those two-faced terorist-funding leeches are probably laughing ther asses off at Europe as a whole right now.

On a side note.
Considering how my Mom feared I'd be an ISIS target back in that Draw Mohammed incident, I'm surprised she hasn't freaked out over what I say about ISIS on facebook yet since what happened in France.
Also, Thank you for this. The people who did this were either people who lived in EU for quite some time or made their way in with forged passports that they got in Turkey.
That kind of seemed obvious too.
I mean if ISIS was capable of getting people in country and able to do such an act within a day?

Holy shit we'd be in trouble.
Exacly the card ISIS plays on. Taking advantage of us being the human, caring types. I hate to say this, for the risk of sounding like a heart-less bitch, but empathy is a liability in war. And Europe is at war, vhether we like it or not. And those "bleeding heart" types are usualy the first victims, too. Europe shuld have never accepted ANY of those migrants, they shuld have forced other Muslim countrys to take them. Like Saudi Arabia, for instance. Those two-faced terorist-funding leeches are probably laughing ther asses off at Europe as a whole right now.
And deny innocent people who require help and aid the support they need?

If we did that we'd honestly be no better than ISIS.

• Love
Reactions: TheGreyWarden
If we did that we'd honestly be no better than ISIS.
You dont win a war by being "better" then someone (vhat-ever that even means), you win the war by being more uncompromising then they are. Like a fight, for example. You dont win by being nice to your oponent, you win by beating the living shit out of them, before they do that to you. And I speak from expirience.

Say vhat you wil about ISIS, but their tactics proved insanely efective. It took a hard-case like Putin to soften them up a little. Before Russia came in and bombed them to submision, they practicaly owned Syria.

Say vhat you wil about ISIS, but their tactics proved insanely efective.

So effective that they couldn't break through the Yazidi defence lines of Mount Sinjar even back when the Yazidis weren't supported by air strikes and special forces advisors, despite having overwhelming numbers and armoured vehicles against little more than militias armed with AK47s.

That's some top notch Jihad-ing, right there.

So effective that they couldn't break through the Yazidi defence lines of Mount Sinjar even back when the Yazidis weren't supported by air strikes and special forces advisors, despite having overwhelming numbers and armoured vehicles against little more than militias armed with AK47s.

That's some top notch Jihad-ing, right there.
True. Its a question of motivation, too. Yezidis were literaly facing extermination at ISIS hands, and were wiling to fight to the death. And they had position on them. Basic military tactics. Defenders (Yezidi) having the high-ground and fortifyed defence lines in the mountain. Atackers (ISIS) not having air support to soften them up, having to attack from below. And fact is, armored vehicles dont do much in mountainus terrain. Few wel-positioned mines and RPG nests culd make ISIS armor cry for mercy.

IMO, ISIS never did rely on military tactics per se - aside from the shock-value and "fear factor" of their brutality and barbarism, that made their enemies scared to even resist them. Thats what they did in Iraq at the start, when they decimated the pathetic Iraqi army. Strike fear in-to your oponent, you already win half the fight. Applys to war too I guess. If you defeat your fear, you defeat the enemy.

Reactions: Old Man Seiji
Apparently, ISIS forces think that adjusting the sights on the AK47 to higher elevations means more power. I can't comprehend the juxtaposition of medieval thinking with acceptance of modern technology. Pick one!

Reactions: Brovo
You dont win a war by being "better" then someone (vhat-ever that even means), you win the war by being more uncompromising then they are. Like a fight, for example. You dont win by being nice to your oponent, you win by beating the living shit out of them, before they do that to you. And I speak from expirience.
Rules of Engagement, Geneva Convention, etc etc. This is what they use against allied troops. Soldiers have time and time again reported how they would come under fire in an urban situation. Begin firing back until the assailant broke line of sight. Then going to change their clothes and stroll down another street without a care. They know the rules countries are forced to abide by. War is fought for money. War is fought by people who will never have to fire a gun.

They didn't own Syria lmfao. They came in and turned on more moderate Rebels who either turned into jihadists themselves or got massacred. They didn't even try to touch Assad at first, they consolidated power in their area by any means neccery. And when they began to advance on Assad, thier offensive halted by quite the massive margin. Iraq they managed to deal with becouse its a huge dessert for most parts, so a mobile force can move quickly across the giant highways. Add to this that the Iraqi army was poorly diciplined, had a command chain that was put there simply to consolidate the current rulers power and that large part of the former army was disbanded by the American coolition and many of those officers gladly joined ISIS, as they were Sunni and part of Saddamns Baht party at one point.

Please do some research. Don't credit those fuckwits with some military genius and amazing combat prowess. And don't push for xenophobia and kneejerk reactions towards refugees while you're at it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours and Sidhe
Add to this that the Iraqi army was poorly diciplined, had a command chain that was put there simply to consolidate the current rulers power

This is honestly one of the primary reasons why Daesh/IS made so much headway in Iraq initially. Even the Peshmerga were pretty underfunded and poorly equipped, which is why the Kurds had such a hard time of it initially.

Unlike the main Iraqi armed forces, however, the Peshmerga managed to get their shit together quickly and consolidate their lines before pushing back hard. Results speak for themselves. Sinjar was the lifeline between Raqqa and Mosul, and now it's been severed.

They didn't own Syria lmfao. They came in and turned on more moderate Rebels who either turned into jihadists themselves or got massacred. They didn't even try to touch Assad at first, they consolidated power in their area by any means neccery. And when they began to advance on Assad, thier offensive halted by quite the massive margin. Iraq they managed to deal with becouse its a huge dessert for most parts, so a mobile force can move quickly across the giant highways. Add to this that the Iraqi army was poorly diciplined, had a command chain that was put there simply to consolidate the current rulers power and that large part of the former army was disbanded by the American coolition and many of those officers gladly joined ISIS, as they were Sunni and part of Saddamns Baht party at one point.

Please do some research. Don't credit those fuckwits with some military genius and amazing combat prowess. And don't push for xenophobia and kneejerk reactions towards refugees while you're at it.
Lol. Every time I hear the phraze "moderate rebels" I roll my eyes. Just propaganda to make them seem more "likeable". All those pathetic bearded dickheads are the same, and Putin has the right idea to bomb the shit out of ALL of them. Only politician today who I respect. As a leader, and a man.

And sure. They consolidated their power in Syria, and vhen they were done, they wuld launch their ofensive on Assad. Good thing Russia steped-in in time to foil that plan, and allowed Assad's forces to go on the ofensive themselvs.

I dont recal crediting them with any "military genius". Dont put my vords out of context. All I sayed was that their fear-tactics proved efective. Mostly due to, like you sayed, their enemies' lack of discipline. And as for my "xenophobia" - unles you live where I live, you got no right to judge that. Vhat you call xenophobia, I call common sense. I dont vant those "refugees" anywhere near me. Not saying all refugees are terorists, but they are a PERFECT medium for terorists to infiltrate Europe. Remove that medium, remove the terorists main means of infiltration. Simple as that.

Lol. Every time I hear the phraze "moderate rebels" I roll my eyes. Just propaganda to make them seem more "likeable". All those pathetic bearded dickheads are the same, and Putin has the right idea to bomb the shit out of ALL of them. Only politician today who I respect. As a leader, and a man.

And sure. They consolidated their power in Syria, and vhen they were done, they wuld launch their ofensive on Assad. Good thing Russia steped-in in time to foil that plan, and allowed Assad's forces to go on the ofensive themselvs.

I dont recal crediting them with any "military genius". Dont put my vords out of context. All I sayed was that their fear-tactics proved efective. Mostly due to, like you sayed, their enemies' lack of discipline. And as for my "xenophobia" - unles you live where I live, you got no right to judge that. Vhat you call xenophobia, I call common sense. I dont vant those "refugees" anywhere near me. Not saying all refugees are terorists, but they are a PERFECT medium for terorists to infiltrate Europe. Remove that medium, remove the terorists main means of infiltration. Simple as that.

Careful now. All that anti-refugee talk will trigger the bleeding hearts before they decry you as a neo-nazi. Don't be surprised when they pile up against you for having a different opinion.

Careful now. All that anti-refugee talk will trigger the bleeding hearts before they decry you as a neo-nazi. Don't be surprised when they pile up against you for having a different opinion.
XD Tell me something I dont know. :D Its ok, they can "pile against me" all they want! Wont change my opinion. As for me being a neo-nazi (I wuldnt go that far, but I am VERY right-wing), wel I shuld think my stance there shuld be fairly obvius to the obzervant, given my tats. Unless they'r blind I guess. :P

XD Tell me something I dont know. :D Its ok, they can "pile against me" all they want! Wont change my opinion. As for me being a neo-nazi (I wuldnt go that far, but I am VERY right-wing), wel I shuld think my stance there shuld be fairly obvius to the obzervant, given my tats. Unless they'r blind I guess. :P
Dare I ask what tattoos you have?

• Love
Reactions: TheGreyWarden
Status
Not open for further replies.